WA/OR - Warren Leslie Forrest - Serial Killer

Mysteries1974

Martha Jean Lambert - Missing since 1985
Reaction score
I have been researching serial killer warren Leslie Forrest for almost 4 years now and have compiled a list of proven victims and possible victims that were once missing persons. He has 6 victims in total but may have had more

Proven victims:

Martha Morrison - Martha Marie Morrison – The Charley Project

Likely victims:

Jamie Grisim - Jamie Rochelle Grisim – The Charley Project

Diane Gilchrist - Diane Sue Gilchrist – The Charley Project

Possible victims:

Deborah Tomilson - Deborah Lee Tomlinson – The Charley Project

Suzanne Justis( likely bundy victim but still)
-Suzanne Rae Justis – The Charley Project

Even though Deborah is considered an Endangered runaway I still think she’s a homicide victim.

Even though Deborah is considered an Endangered runaway I still think she’s a homicide victim.

Warren Leslie Forrest also suspected of killing Carol Platt Valenzuela, whose body was found with Morrison's.

Just a tiny correction to Warren Forrest's info on Jamie's Charley Page:

He was charged in the 1974 murder of Krista Ann Blake in 1976 in Vancouver, WA. He was put on trial in 1978 and convicted in 1979 for that murder. So given that the year he killed Krista was the same year Diane went missing, I'd say she's a definite victim.

Warren Forrest is yet another serial killer whose activities and location make it possible he is responsible for my little sister's, Rita Lorraine Jolly, disappearance. If only we could find her body! Rita Lorraine Jolly – The Charley Project
I’ve read about Rita. I hope you and your family get closure. Warren is currently in the process of being charged with the murder of Martha Morrison who disappeared from Portland, Oregon in 1974. I’m hoping this might push him to give the locations and details of his other victims. I also think due to his locations, he might be responsible for the disappearances of Rita, Suzanne Justis, and even Vicki Hollar. I also have considered he might be involved in the disappearance of Deborah Tomlinson from Oregon in 1973.

Warren Forrest is yet another serial killer whose activities and location make it possible he is responsible for my little sister's, Rita Lorraine Jolly, disappearance. If only we could find her body! Rita Lorraine Jolly – The Charley Project
I run the Facebook page for Diane Gilchrist. And I agree with you. I think Warren Forrest had a lot more victims than we know of or even suspected. Possibly he began killing in the late 1960’s. I’ve been amassing info on Forrest since last year.

Warren Forrest’s September trial canceled | KOIN.com

It’s been nearly 50 years since detectives say Warren Forrest began killing women. Now, his victims and family members will have to keep waiting for justice.

Forrest is accused of killing 7 women from Clark County and Portland in the early 1970s, but was only tried and convicted of killing 1. Clark County investigators have tied him to the 1974 murder of a teenager Martha Morrison through DNA. The trial was supposed to start September 20, but the prosecutor on the case was just appointed as judge, so a new prosecutor has to take over the very complicated case.

Forrest’s defense attorney Sean Downs has also indicated he may plead not guilty by reason of insanity. He successfully plead insanity in his first trial after a woman survived his brutal attack at Lacamas Lake. He spent 5 years in the state mental hospital before being convicted of killing Krista Blake in 1979.

*bumping this thread*
Just listened to the Vanished Podcast’s episode on Jamie Grissim and couldn’t believe I hadn’t heard of Warren Forrest previously. I wonder if it’s possible to write to him as an inmate. He will surely die in custody and it would be such a shame for his secrets to follow him to the grave. I feel like his perverse ego could be appealed to in order to get some of these families answers. His victim count has to be far higher than the cases known to be associated with him. It is absolutely insane that he likely killed again while in custody (the woman at Western State hospital where he was held for the kidnapping and attempted murder of Jane Doe)

*bumping this thread*
Just listened to the Vanished Podcast’s episode on Jamie Grissim and couldn’t believe I hadn’t heard of Warren Forrest previously. I wonder if it’s possible to write to him as an inmate. He will surely die in custody and it would be such a shame for his secrets to follow him to the grave. I feel like his perverse ego could be appealed to in order to get some of these families answers. His victim count has to be far higher than the cases known to be associated with him. It is absolutely insane that he likely killed again while in custody (the woman at Western State hospital where he was held for the kidnapping and attempted murder of Jane Doe)
Hello,
This is Starr, Jamie Grissim’s younger sister and the only family member left to fight for her justice.
I believe you absolutely can write to him. My friend did and actually got a response.
Forrest is scheduled for trial on October 23, 2023 after multiple delays, mostly due to the defense maneuvers. This is believed to be his final trial date.
He is charged with the murder of Martha Morrison who was found up a trail from Dole Valley Road from my sister Jamie’s belongings. She was finally identified in 2015 I believe.

Warren Forrest’s September trial canceled | KOIN.com

It’s been nearly 50 years since detectives say Warren Forrest began killing women. Now, his victims and family members will have to keep waiting for justice.

Forrest is accused of killing 7 women from Clark County and Portland in the early 1970s, but was only tried and convicted of killing 1. Clark County investigators have tied him to the 1974 murder of a teenager Martha Morrison through DNA. The trial was supposed to start September 20, but the prosecutor on the case was just appointed as judge, so a new prosecutor has to take over the very complicated case.

Forrest’s defense attorney Sean Downs has also indicated he may plead not guilty by reason of insanity. He successfully plead insanity in his first trial after a woman survived his brutal attack at Lacamas Lake. He spent 5 years in the state mental hospital before being convicted of killing Krista Blake in 1979.
Forrest’s trial is now scheduled for October 23, 2023. After quite a few trial date changes, most due to the defense needing more time, and one prosecutor request, this is believed to be the final trial date. At this time is plea is “not guilty”, and no insanity plea.

Hello,
This is Starr, Jamie Grissim’s younger sister and the only family member left to fight for her justice.
I believe you absolutely can write to him. My friend did and actually got a response.
Forrest is scheduled for trial on October 23, 2023 after multiple delays, mostly due to the defense maneuvers. This is believed to be his final trial date.
He is charged with the murder of Martha Morrison who was found up a trail from Dole Valley Road from my sister Jamie’s belongings. She was finally identified in 2015 I believe.
I actually feel much better about the idea knowing that you would be okay with it. Of course if he’s pleading not guilty, he may not want to say much… but attention is a hell of a drug. If I do write to him, I will message you and let you know…. And then probably delete my post. I’ve spent most of my adult life working in mental health and feel like my experiences might lend themselves to this. Thank you for replying to this and I really hope you can get the answers and she the respect she deserves.

Warren Forrest will go to trial on January 23 for the murder of Martha Morrison.

Here is the discussion thread in the Martha Morrison case:

Unfortunately very few old cases are brought to trial when the main suspect is already serving a life sentence for another crime.

Most recent trials in very old cases have been based on DNA evidence. Without DNA, it is difficult to locate living witnesses, and the time span is a problem because memories fade and often evidence is lost.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back