Was Burke Involved ? # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Dr. Phil and the CBS doc I am even more convinced that BDI and Patsy covered it up. However, while I believe that PR wrote the ransom note, I am not convinced that was not a part of a small cover up instead of her carrying out the brutal portions of what happened that night. In my opinion Burke has a personality disorder, perhaps a disassociative disorder and possibly ODD. I never knew of the family's movie obsession. I think Burke was getting more and more aggressive with JBR as he got older. I don't think its unreasonable for Burke to have made the garrot, not intentionally to kill her, but in play and it went too far. Then PR began the cover up with the RN. Moving the body, etc. Boys watching violent movies, with annoying sister's that take all of mom's attention and dad's that are always at work, plus a personality disorder equals an accident waiting to happen. I don't think Patsy did the violent acts on her baby. Have you ever watched Toddler's and Tiara's? Those girls are little Queens, thousands of dollars are spent.on costumes, and they are with their mom's constantly, I just think it's too hideous that she would do that. I think Burke did it all as play and ended up killing her, Patsy covered it up. just my opinion

That's Kolar's position as well, not that he expressed it last night. It fits better with the train track prodding, as that was done postmortem and almost certainly not by an adult.

Yes they can. That's lawyer 101. Shut up and lawyer up and don't talk to the cops. There is absolutely no reason in the world ANY OF THEM had to talk to the police. Obviously the parents are doing to if they are trying to show they are innocent. But they didn't have to let the police talk to Burke. They could have said, give us the questions and we'll have a private psychologist ask him the questions. A million times reasonable and the psychologist is bound by doctor client privilege. Then they could have edited the replies.

Do any of you actually know the way police interviews work? Have you not heard of the Miranda warning? Have you not heard that when you are involved in a crime shut up and do not talk to the police. Ask them to go through your lawyer.

They knew this and they had really good lawyers. These aren't some rednecks from suburbia that don't have the means or understanding. There is absolutely no reason in the world they had to let Burke talk to the police.

And if he did it, they had a million reasons not to risk it. Look how y'all are interpreting his response to pineapple. And maybe he's just freaked out by it. But that what police are trained to look for and to pick apart. You cannot convince me that his parents walked in on a savage attack and murder of his sister, panicked and covered it up and then let him talk to the police as a 9 and 11 year old kid.

It's completely illogical to think this happened. Because at this point, not only is it possible for him to implicate himself, he can implicate both of them as well.
We can't look to logic as there is not anything logical in this tragedy. I agree that good sense would be for Burke nor to talk to LE. But the parents behavior was illogical in so many orher respects we will never know the mindset that drove all the actions and reactions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

We can't look to logic as there is not anything logical in this tragedy. I agree that good sense would be for Burke nor to talk to LE. But the parents behavior was illogical in so many orher respects we will never know the mindset that drove all the actions and reactions.

But once they made the decision to cover up the murder - wherever that cover up began - it made no sense for them to talk to law enforcement.

The grand jury indicted them on child endangerment and being accessories to the crime (for not dealing with Burke's behavior before the murder and covering it up after the murder, in other words). Had they cooperated with LE from the get go and agreed to be interviewed separately, odds are pretty high they would have been charged and found guilty. Alex Hunter couldn't have protected them.

Everything was set in motion by their decision late on December 25th or early on December 26th not to call 911. From that point, there was no turning back. There never will be.

Thinking about some of the information we do know. JBR was hit on the right side of her head......so either she was hit by someone who was left handed or she was hit from the side or from behind.

In an interview Burke demonstrates that perhaps his sister got hit in the head with a hammer and using his right hand coming in sideways.

Some have purposed that BR lost his temper, grabbing a flash light and hitting his sister of the head. If she did something and was running away from him......this facing away from him, would this then support getting hit on the head by someone behind you, or I guess above you if the have tackled you to the ground and now have you pinned down....

Just thinking out loud

I agree. I am having problems with the scenario that the parents covered up an accident by choking their daughter, binding her hands together, and making it look like a homicide. They could have staged an accident so much more easily. But why a homicide? They would have had to have known a homicide would generate a ton of publicity compared to an accident. Unless they were trying to cover up something more, knowing that an autopsy might indicate a history of molestation. Then they would have had to have gone with the kidnapping/ homicide scenario.
I'll take the CBS conclusion and be happy, but I do believe they're holding back some info or they just didn't air it because of the 2 hrs they cut. I think if there wasn't sexual assault that night there probably was previously. I've also never accidentally gotten splinters in my vagina from moving around (sorry for the visual image) so I don't quite understand how they think it happened that way to Jonbenet. But like I said, I'll take our win and be happy.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

A couple conclusions drawn in the CBS special that I don't totally agree with.

One is that they sat Patsy served Burke the fruit because her prints were on the bowl. But I feel like it's also possible that perhaps her prints were ther because perhaps she was the one who had last emptied the dishwasher and put the bowl away in the cabinet. Then Burkes were on it because he served himself the fruit. Just another possibility anyway.

Also the idea that he fought with her because she stole a piece of pineapple doesn't quite make sense to me either. If he hit her right after she stole the pineapple, then I think pineapple would have been found in her stomach, rather then in her small intestines. The fact the pineapple was even partly digested makes me think there was more time btw eating the pineapple and getting a likely fatal blow to the head.

I think a potential theory could be that Burke and his dad had a thing were he would put him to bed and use a flashlight and Burke maybe liked to sleep with the flashlight by his bed.

I think when he thought everyone was asleep he used the flashlight to sneak downstairs and okay with his toy. I think while he was playing he probably got hungry, so he made himself a snack.

Perhaps while he's eating his snack JBR comes down stairs and wants him to make her a snack too. He doesn't want to make her one, and doesn't want to share his but she keeps begging. Maybe he finally concedes and gives her some, or she takes some, or perhaps he says something like "I'll give you some if we go downstairs and play doctor"

Then perhaps they are playing downstairs when something happens and he ends up hitting her ?

I dunno just speculation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG

Burke's interview with social services was mandatory because of JBR's death.

Why would someone have their child's medical records sealed?

If the ultimate goal all along was to protect Burke, it makes sense. Also, there were leaks left and right through the entire investigation, that's a major deterrent right there.

Thinking about some of the information we do know. JBR was hit on the right side of her head......so either she was hit by someone who was left handed or she was hit from the side or from behind.

In an interview Burke demonstrates that perhaps his sister got hit in the head with a hammer and using his right hand coming in sideways.

Some have purposed that BR lost his temper, grabbing a flash light and hitting his sister of the head. If she did something and was running away from him......this facing away from him, would this then support getting hit on the head by someone behind you, or I guess above you if the have tackled you to the ground and now have you pinned down....

Just thinking out loud

Unless Burke talks someday, we'll never know if she ran or didn't run, and if she ran from if she turned to sass him, or if she was on the ground...there are many possibilities.

I think JB grabbed some of BR's pineapple and made him mad. She ate at least 1 piece. She ran. He chases her to the basement. He runs after her and hits her with the flashlight that was sitting out. She went out cold. He thought she was pretending, there was no blood etc. He prodded her with the train track to wake her up. He waited. He took the garotte off the box in the basement, playing with it. An hour goes by, she doesn't wake up. He uses the garrote on her to try to trick her into not pretending anymore. Nothing. (Or maybe JB has seizures?) He goes and tells Patsy, who was packing. She tells him to go wait in his room. Patsy and John do the cover up. He waits. Falls asleep. Wakes to them on the phone. "What did you find?"

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

I think JB grabbed some of BR's pineapple and mad him mad. She ate at least 1 piece. She ran. Hw chased her to the basement. He ran after her and hit her with the flashlight that was sitting out. She went out cold. He thought she was pretending, there was no blood etc. He prodded her with the train track to wake her up. He waited. He took the garotte off the box in the basement, playing with it. An hour goes by, she doesn't wake up. He uses the garrote on her to try to trick her into not preyending anymore. Nothing. (Or maybe seizures?) He goes and tells Patsy, who was packing. She tells him to go wait in his room. Patsy and John do the cover up.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Why would there just be a garotte sitting in a box down there? I believe it was fashioned that night and directly related to the crime or covering of the crime.

What if the "intruder" was already IN the house when the family got home that night? What IF the note was written while the family was at the White's? What IF it was a person who already knew Jonbenet? So when this person appeared beside her bed, she willing went with them. JR readily admitted that sometimes doors weren't locked or doors were open when he woke in the morning. So staging did happen. By the person who was there for several hours before the family even got home did it...... Just adding something different... The basement window was just a stage. The luggage was just a stage. The intruders left by the front door after he/she accomplished what they came to accomplish. Killing that beautiful baby girl. Not committing to this, just asking how this wasn't considered?

What if the "intruder" was already IN the house when the family got home that night? What IF the note was written while the family was at the White's? What IF it was a person who already knew Jonbenet? So when this person appeared beside her bed, she willing went with them. JR readily admitted that sometimes doors weren't locked or doors were open when he woke in the morning. So staging did happen. By the person who was there for several hours before the family even got home did it...... Just adding something different... The basement window was just a stage. The luggage was just a stage. The intruders left by the front door after he/she accomplished what they came to accomplish. Killing that beautiful baby girl. Not committing to this, just asking how this wasn't considered?

It has been considered. It has been considered over and over and over again. And when you look at all the evidence, it just does not point to that being possible.

Hypothetically speaking -

If a doctor/psychologist had been seeing a child for aggressive behaviors and found that the patient/child was a danger to other children in the household, wouldn't that doctor or psychologist be required to warn the parents about the danger so they could take steps to protect the other children? And, wouldn't said parents be responsible if they fail to do what is needed to protect the child(ren) that is in danger? If the endangered child was fully aware of the aggressive child's behavior, and frightened by the behavior, would such a situation cause an extreme level of stress for the endangered child? If the aggressive child ended up hurting the endangered child, would the parents fear prosecution? If the parents failed to protect the endangered child, could the parents be prosecuted for not taking steps to protect the endangered child? If they were prosecuted, would the charges sound similar to the GJ's findings in the Ramsey's case? Would the prosecutable parents seal the aggressive child's medical records?

It has been considered. It has been considered over and over and over again. And when you look at all the evidence, it just does not point to that being possible.
I remember in the beginning it being considered. But years later what evidence do you speak of? Are you RDI? BTW.... I was RDI or BDI until very recently.

I think Burke's "What did you find?" was referring to the ransom note. I think his parents had already sent him back to bed and he had no idea what the coverup was going to be. His instructions were to pretend he was sleeping all night and never, ever talk about what happened. He heard the commotion when Patsy made the hysterical 911 call and snuck down to see what was going on. He hears her talking about finding a ransom note, but this doesn't fit what he knows happened so he is confused. He waits until she seems to hang up and then asks "What did you find?" At which point John gets stern with him and tell him they're not talking to him. Burke is sent back to bed, still bewildered about what exactly his parents are talking about. He dares not question anything else.

All my speculation, of course.

I think Burke's "What did you find?" was referring to the ransom note. I think his parents had already sent him back to bed and he had no idea what the coverup was going to be. His instructions were to pretend he was sleeping all night and never, ever talk about what happened. He heard the commotion when Patsy made the hysterical 911 call and snuck down to see what was going on. He hears her talking about finding a ransom note, but this doesn't fit what he knows happened so he is confused. He waits until she seems to hang up and then asks "What did you find?" At which point John gets stern with him and tell him they're not talking to him. Burke is sent back to bed, still bewildered about what exactly his parents are talking about. He dares not question anything else.

All my speculation, of course.

Problem here is that JR supposedly said, " We're not speaking to you!" Before the supposed question from Burke. "What did you find?" A reminder here!!!!! NONE of this is evidence! It is ALL speculation as to what other people thought they heard on that tape.

Sorry, I got the order confused. I still think the same thought applies. Burke has been told they are not speaking to him anymore, but he can't wrap his mind around what Patsy just said on the phone so he's asks what they found. And yes, it is all speculation. But after listening to the tape I don't think anyone can deny there were different voices at the end of that call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie