Was Burke Involved? #6

Witness 28

Reaction score
The scene is set Bourke is downstairs the table eating pineapple pieces, Joe Bennett Ramsey wakes up comes down the stairs, sees Burke and the pineapple pieces they are her favourite.
She does what any little girl does or kid with her favourite food, she takes a piece from Burke,he's pissed off grab the torch chases around and hits her at the back of the head.... the scene is set ,your a parent...what do you do... it's an accident do you throw your son under the bus where you've lost a daughter already, or you do protect the only son you got... remembering phone call the 911 Patsy Made to the operator and the enhanced audio when Bourke was not supposed to be there ,and she says what have you done....
set Burke downstairs but the table eating pineapple pieces

Eddie99

Reaction score
Say it happened that way. What exactly would they have to protect their son from?

He was 9. There would be no criminal charges. Probably court ordered therapy.

Also, the pineapple was almost completely digested. There are folks on this thread that claim the pineapple was 100% confirmed. But all I have ever seen in anything offical is "yellowish fibers, consistent with pineapple " or something like that.

If he bashed her head in at the moment she ate pineapple, it wouldn't be that far along the digestive process.

There would probably be some in her teeth, and esophagus.

Then to write that insane note. Stage the body.... let's talk about this. If they staged her, that implies they would have wanted someone else to find her, correct?

Then the unbelievable happens - the police overlook her on the initial search.
Then hours later, they ask John to search. Now, if he did it, do you really think he's gonna start in the basement? Kinda defeats the purpose of staging her, doesn't it?

Not to mention the crazy cop that directed them to do so, then goes on national television to say she "mentally counted her bullets, because she wasn't sure they would all be alive when back up arrived. To which I think its worth pointing out that she was demonstrably wrong, they were all alive when back up arrived. No one tried to kill her.

Witness 28

Reaction score
The scene is set Bourke is downstairs the table eating pineapple pieces, Joe Bennett Ramsey wakes up comes down the stairs, sees Burke and the pineapple pieces they are her favourite.
She does what any little girl does or kid with her favourite food, she takes a piece from Burke,he's pissed off grab the torch chases around and hits her at the back of the head.... the scene is set ,your a parent...what do you do... it's an accident do you throw your son under the bus where you've lost a daughter already, or you do protect the only son you got... remembering phone call the 911 Patsy Made to the operator and the enhanced audio when Bourke was not supposed to be there ,and she says what have you done....
set Burke downstairs but the table eating pineapple pieces

Eddie99

Reaction score
Didn't they send the 911 recording to the FBI, and they determined that wasn't true?

What If…

Former Member
Reaction score
Could the drawing on JonBenet’s left hand in her autopsy photo be of a red bird?

Witness 28

Reaction score
Just looking at the autopsy photos and autopsy information from the office of the boulder County coroner ,autopsy number 96 A- 155 ,page 7 of autopsy .... stomach contents small intestines contain fragments of pieces of yellow or light green tan apparent vegetable or fruit material which may represent fragments of pineapple.
I try to keep an open mind about most things

Last edited by a moderator:

Witness 28

Reaction score
Didn't they send the 911 recording to the FBI, and they determined that wasn't true?
Initial enhancement of the phone in 1997 by the FBI,
female voice said Help Me, Jesus help me Jesus
Male voice we're not speaking to you.
Child's voice what did you find.
The Ramsay's claimed there son was in bed sleep during the whole ordeal and they never wake him up,

Reactions: kai

Witness 28

Reaction score
I think that Patsy said that she often would draw a heart on JonBenet's hand as a reminder of her love for the girl. The question is when was it drawn. Was it noticed at the Whites' party?

Initial enhancement of the phone in 1997 by the FBI,
female voice said Help Me, Jesus help me Jesus
Male voice we're not speaking to you.
Child's voice what did you find.
The Ramsay's claimed there son was in bed sleep during the whole ordeal and they never wake him up,

Eddie99

Reaction score
Unfortunately, whatever you want to belive about anything from taxes, to the JBR 911 call, can be supported on the internet. All you have to do is look.

The last "offical" thing I read from a mainstream source, was that in 2003 the fbi&secret service labs concluded there was no other voices on the recording.

Even if he was up, and came downstairs. Of what significance is that?

Witness 28

Reaction score
So true , it's always good to keep an open mind , and sometimes you might miss something ,years ago I remember something about a magnet that was publicised in the media,this was the press at the time

The Community Forum

PATSY’S 911 EMERGENCY CALL - her exact words, the ENHANCEMENTS of and SECRET REDACTIONS from the tape

• jonbenetramseymurder

• Mar 29, 2017 · Edited

PART 1 1996

Patsy's 911 emergency call

On December 27, the day after JonBenet’s murder Boulder Police issued a press release that included the information that her mother, Patsy had made a 911 emergency call from their home the morning of the 26th stating that a note had been found and their daughter had been kidnapped. From a media report:

Detective Commander John Eller provided the following chronology at a news briefing on Friday, Dec. 27:

Police responded, on Dec. 26, to the home of John and Patsy Ramsey, 755 15th Street in Boulder following a 9-1-1 call. The call,
from Patsy Ramsey, stated a note had been found indicating their daughter had been kidnapped.

That was all the information the public ever heard about the 911 call for the first 18 months after the murder. What they did not know was that soon after this call was made detectives assigned to investigate the murder began actively investigating certain curious aspects of the call.

• jonbenetramseymurder

• Mar 29, 2017 · Edited

PART 2 1997 and 1998

Additional voices heard at the end of the 911 tape

It was in the early months of the investigation that Boulder Police detectives first listened to the recording of the 911 call. The tape had continued recording after Patsy had stopped speaking to the call center operator and it was at this part of the tape that detectives thought they could hear very faint but additional voices that sounded different from the voices of Patsy and the call operator.

So in February 1997 Boulder Police decided to try to get these faint voices enhanced so that the words that were spoken could be deciphered. In order to do this they first sent a copy of the tape to the US Secret Service for audio-enhancement but they were unable to detect any extra voices. A month later Boulder Police sent a copy of the tape to the FBI who were able to detect faint voices but could not enhance them sufficiently to determine exactly what words were being said.

Apparently even Pete Hofstrom, Head of the Felony Division with the District Attorney’s Office tried to get the tape enhanced. He took it his brother-in-law, who worked in the Los Alamos National Laboratory.The brother-in-law apparently heard something although he declared that he heard the voice say, "I scream at you." So even though the content of the dialogue was different from what police heard, the Los Alamos lab results did seem to support the fact that there were additional voices to be heard.

Eventually in April 1997 Detective Melissa Hickman was sent by Boulder Police with copy of the tape to Aerospace Incorporated in California to see what they could find.

The Aerospace labs managed to do what the other labs couldn’t – they enhanced the tape sufficiently so that the words spoken at the end could be accurately deciphered. As Schiller outlined in his book ‘Perfect Murder Perfect Town’ published December 1999:

"Hickman listened to the tape and wrote down what she heard.

'Help me Jesus, help me Jesus.' That was clearly Patsy's voice. Then, in the distance, there was another voice, which sounded like JonBenet's brother. 'Please, what do I do?' Burke said. 'We're not speaking to you.' Hickman heard John Ramsey say. "Patsy screamed again. 'Help me Jesus, help me Jesus.' And then, more clearly, Burke said, 'What DID you find?'”

Schiller 1999 again:

"This snippet of conversation was obviously important. Patsy and John had told the police, and CNN on January 1, that when they found JonBenet missing, they checked Burke's room for their daughter, who sometimes slept there. They had never said what they found in Burke's room. Later, they said they did not awaken Burke until about 7:00 AM, when her husband roused him to have him taken to the White's home."

Also from Steve Thomas’ book Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation” published April 2000:

“The Ramseys would repeatedly tell us that their son did not wake up at any point throughout the night of the crime. We knew differently”

However, the public knew none of this during the time the extra voices investigation was happening since no details of it were ever reported in the media at the time. For unknown reasons detectives had decided that for John and Patsy’s first police interviews of April 1997 they would not mention it to them either. Nevertheless they clearly felt this evidence they had uncovered was important because to them it showed that JonBenét’s brother Burke, was awake when Patsy made the call at 5:52 am. This conflicted with the parents’ consistent statements to detectives that Burke was asleep until 7 am – well after police had arrived at their home.

By the time of second police interviews in June 1998, Boulder Police investigators must have decided to find a bit more about the 911 call from Patsy. During these interviews Patsy was asked if there was any additional conversation. Patsy however, seemed oblivious to the fact that that any more might have been recorded and detectives got nowhere from that line of questioning.

25 TOM HANEY: The morning of the
1 26th, you pick up the phone, call 911. Do you
2 remember, and we talked before, the
3 conversation?
4 PATSY RAMSEY: I am sure you must
5 have it on there.
6 TOM HANEY: Absolutely we do. So
7 you know that the telephone calls to the Boulder
8 police department are tape-recorded?
9 PATSY RAMSEY: I would not have.
10 TOM HANEY: I think they are. In
11 fact, they are recorded from the time that
12 connection is made until it's broken and that
13 isn't to say if you stop talking that that's the
14 end of it.
15 PATSY RAMSEY: Okay.
16 TOM HANEY: The morning of the
17 26th, you called the Boulder police department,
18 you talked to a dispatcher.
19 PATSY RAMSEY: I guess if that's
20 where it goes, that's where I called.
21 TOM HANEY: Correct. And when you
22 stopped talking, there was a time that was tape-
23 recorded for a few seconds where there was some
24 additional conversation, conversation at your
25 house?
1 PATSY RAMSEY: By whom?
2 TOM HANEY: That's what I am going
3 to ask you.
4 PATSY RAMSEY: I mean John Ramsey
5 was down on the floor reading the note. I was
6 frantically calling 911. I have to hear it to
7 know what you're talking about.
8 TOM HANEY: Was there any
9 conversation immediately following your last
10 word to the dispatcher?
11 PATSY RAMSEY: I don't remember.
12 I was out of my mind, my child was missing. I
13 was trying to convey that to the person on the
14 other end of the line, okay. I don't remember.
15 If you have it on tape and you would like me to
16 hear it, I will listen to it, see if that jogs
17 my memory.
18 TOM HANEY: It is on tape.
19 PATSY RAMSEY: All right.
20 All right. If you have got the
21 tape we can play it, I will try to help you. I
22 can't remember what's in the (INAUDIBLE).

On reading that transcript seems to me that Patsy had absolutely no idea that any other conversation besides the one she’d had with the call center operator had been picked up on the recording tape.

Although many people, including Detectives Hickman, Trujillo and Thomas swear they heard those voices, there are others who say there is nothing there.

The people who say they heard the voices claimed they were those of John and Burke and that Burke was therefore awake which proved the parents had lied to police when they said he was asleep the whole time until after the police arrived at their house. Not only that, the conversation together with tone of the voices that were heard indicated to them that John and even Patsy were involved in some kind of cover up.

• jonbenetramseymurder

• Mar 29, 2017 · Edited

PART 3 August 1998

Playing of the enhanced 911 tape on the Geraldo Show

The information about 911call tape voices did not become public knowledge until August 1998 when, some 18 months after the murder, information about the additional voices having been heard at the end of the tape was leaked and reported by the news media.

Not only was the fact that voices had been heard at the end of the call leaked, but an upcoming Geraldo Show was promoted as promising to play the electronically enhanced recording itself. A recording that would reveal Burke’s voice in the background in the kitchen, at a time when his parents said he was upstairs sleeping.

Local news reported on what had been leaked and how it was one of Boulder Police’s most important pieces of evidence against the Ramseys:

911 TAPE DISPUTES RAMSEYS BURKE'S VOICE IS AUDIBLE, CONTRARY TO PARENTS' STATEMENT HE WAS IN BED ASLEEP WHEN MOM CALLED

Rocky Mountain News
Kevin McCullen August 21, 1998

Burke Ramsey was awake and asking questions as his mother phoned police to report the disappearance of his 6-year-old sister, JonBenet, officials familiar with the murder investigation said Thursday. A digitally enhanced tape recording of Patsy Ramsey's early morning 911 call - which includes Burke's voice, according to the officials - appears to contradict statements by the Ramseys that Burke was asleep in bed at the time.

Patsy Ramsey didn't hang up the telephone after placing the 911 call at 5:51 a.m. on Dec. 26, 1996, allowing a few moments of conversation among the family to be recorded, the sources said. Boulder police, who have never publicly released the 911 recording, took the tape to a California laboratory for a sound enhancement in April 1997. John Ramsey and Burke Ramsey, then 10, can be heard on the tape, according to the officials. The sources described this sequence:

Patsy Ramsey cries and screams, “Help me, Jesus, help me, Jesus,'' after setting the telephone down, apparently believing she had disconnected the call. Another voice - identified as Burke Ramsey's - is heard in the background. John Ramsey says to him, “We weren't speaking to you.'' Burke Ramsey replies, “But what did you find?''

The Ramseys insisted Burke Ramsey was asleep when Patsy Ramsey found the ransom note demanding $118,000 for JonBenet's return and when she dialed 911 to report her daughter missing, according to the officials familiar with the investigation. The couple made that statement soon after their daughter's death, and again in July during 20 hours of separate interviews with investigators from the Boulder district attorney's office, according to the sources.

Police listed the enhanced 911 tape as one of the reasons to take the case to a grand jury during a two-day presentation of evidence in early June to District Attorney Alex Hunter and his experts.

Judging by the following report the next day, it seems as though the extra voices recording leak to the National Enquirer journalists had come from Aerospace itself. However, it is more than likely that journalists had heard ‘talk’ at least, of Boulder Police detectives investigating extra voices on the enhanced tape and that it was an initial leak from Boulder Police about the existence of the extra voices that caused journalist David Wright go to Aerospace to investigate in the first place:

RAMSEY LEAK WON'T BE PROBED BOULDER POLICE CHIEF SAYS REPORT OF 911 PHONE CALL ON DEC. 26 DID NOT COME FROM HIS OFFICERS

Rocky Mountain News
John C. Ensslin August 22, 1998

Boulder police chief Mark Beckner won't investigate the latest leak in the JonBenet Ramsey murder, saying Friday he is confident it did not come from his officers. “We will not initiate an investigation, because we do not believe that the information came from the Boulder Police Department,'' Beckner said in a statement issued through spokeswoman Jennifer Bray. “From the beginning of this investigation, information has been leaked by multiple sources,'' he added.

The National Enquirer first reported this week that technicians at the Aerospace Corp., in Sunnyvale, Calif., at the request of Boulder police, were able to enhance the muffled voices in the background of the 911 call. A family conversation was recorded when Patsy Ramsey didn't completely hang up the phone. Enquirer reporter David Wright said he got the story by interviewing people at the California company. “We talked to two technicians at the lab,'' he said. “But we certainly didn't pay anybody.''

The Geraldo Show had played the recording the evening of August 21,1998 as promised but only the part of the tape with the enhanced voices at the end. As reported by KoldKase at Forums for Justice:

“What I heard on Geraldo was ONLY the enhanced 911 portion of the tape. He didn't play the entire call.”

After the playing a hotly debated argument ensued on the forums between posters who swore the voices were there and those who were adamant they had never heard them. Many forum posters said the enhanced tape was played on the first edition of The Geraldo Show that was screened at prime time. Those who swore they heard the voices included the posters koldkase, RiverRat, Tril and tylin at Justice Watch and Driver, LurkerXIV, Niner, purr, Pybird, RiverRat, Spade, Twitch and Watching You at Forums For Justice and Ames at Websleuths, and janphi and mary99 at some other now defunct forum, all of whom were adamant they had most definitely heard the extra voices at the end of enhanced tape.

However, it seems that the enhanced voices piece at the end of the tape was played once and only once because other people who listened to a later screening of the show say no part of the tape was played at that later screening. KoldKase made this interesting post on September 15, 2006:

“Another long time poster who was on the forums from the beginning once posted that she heard the tape played on Geraldo, not realizing they were going to play it in time to tape it then. So she thought, no prob, she'd tape it on the replay a few hours later. She was set up and ready when they started the show with an announcement that there was some legal problem with the tape being aired so it wouldn't be replayed. So whoever called and got that segment pulled, also got it purged from any recordings for sale to the public.”

And poster Ames October 11, 2010

“when it came on again later that night, at the beginning of the show, a message was shown that some of the content had been removed”

This incident is very curious in that the enhanced 911 tape with the extra voices appears to have been pulled during the interval between the first screening of The Geraldo Show when it was played and the show’s replay the same evening when the tape wasn’t played, a period of probably no more than 3 hours. What was that about?

It was rumored on the forums that the ‘Ramsey team’ was behind the ‘pulling’ of the tape but I cannot see there is any evidence for this. The show had been advertised and the public had been given advance warning of what was about to be screened. If Ramsey lawyers had any legal power to prevent the screening one would think they would have exercised it, given what a powerful legal firm they apparently were. Yet they did not, and one has to assume that could not stop it; all they could do it seems, was to express their outrage at what they described as a ‘vicious leak’. This was the statement issued by Hal Haddon on August 22 to local media outlets the day after the show:

"We have not heard the 911 tape or seen a transcript of it and we cannot, therefore, respond to claims about its content. This vicious leak is one more example of the pattern of official misconduct which has characterized this investigation for the past 19 months. Police sources leak what they claim is critical evidence and spin it against the Ramseys. The Ramseys are helpless to reply because they do not have access to the evidence. The real killer is afforded an intimate view of police theories and has had every opportunity to dispose of critical evidence which is systematically leaked to the press. This situation is a disgrace to the criminal justice system, which appears powerless to prevent it.

"We have repeatedly protested this criminal misconduct and have demanded that the cowards who continue to leak official information be investigated, disciplined and prosecuted. The public officials who have responsibility for stopping these outrages have done nothing. We request that the grand jury which has been impaneled to hear evidence in this matter investigate and indict those public officials, past and present, who have leaked every critical item of evidence in this investigation. The persons responsible have obstructed justice by making justice all but impossible."

The fact that a leak that was so damning of the Ramseys coming so close to the opening of the grand jury proceedings, strongly suggest that it was most likely the Boulder Police or at least one or two individuals within it who were behind it. The logic being that it could be expected to advance their case by helping turn public opinion against their prime suspects.

It would seem therefore, even if it was someone at Aerospace who leaked the actual recording of the enhanced tape voices conversation, it was most likely it was Boulder Police who leaked the fact that voices were heard at the end of the call to tabloid journalists.

But what is a far more interesting question is who was responsible for pulling the enhanced tape voices audio from the Geraldo Show? Who would have had the power to have it pulled at a moment’s notice immediately after having been presumably alerted by someone who was watching the screening? And what is far more important why would they have wanted to pull it anyway?

I think there is someone out there who had it pulled and they had a very good reason for doing it. I don’t believe it was the Ramsey lawyers - they did not have the power to do it and I don’t believe it was the Boulder Police – they would hardly have leaked in the first place if they didn’t want the public to know about the voices. But the big question is who was it?

Another strange bit of information about the Geraldo Show playing of the tape surfaced eight years later in September 2006 when Spade started a thread called The 911 Call at Forums for Justice.

Mz Marple in her Wiki wrote a segment what posters were saying on this thread at Forums for Justice about the tape being played on Geraldo. She quoted poster Koldcase as stating: "The producers edited that portion of the show out of any tapes, and therefore, any transcripts”.

Mz Marple also reported that poster Spade confirmed that Rivera was blocked from re-airing the tape and that the transcript was redacted. Also that Spade claimed to have a source that could verify this.

Years later, when I was doing my research into the 911 call tape sags I found that Spade had gone back and deleted all his posts about the 911 call from that thread at Forums for Justice on November 14 2006. That was a total of 29 posts deleted by the author within just two months of his having posted them! What happened in that short space of time that caused Spade to feel the necessity to do that? Was he scared of something? Had someone threatened him? There were internet rumours that Spade was a close associate of Fleet White. I’m thinking Fleet very likely got Spade to remove those posts of his from Forums for Justice

The only way to explain these strange events that makes any sense I suggest, is that when that Aerospace enhancement was played on Geraldo on August 8 1998 someone was listening who recognized the conversation at the end of the 911 call and it incriminated him and, because he had influence somewhere, he had it pulled from the show immediately and it was NEVER played again or even talked about.

• jonbenetramseymurder

• Mar 29, 2017 · Edited

PART 4 James Kolar’s book - Foreign Faction, Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet?

New information about the voices at the end of the 911 call tape

Some months after the murder it had emerged that faint voices had been heard at the end of Patsy’s emergency 911 call the morning of the murder and a lot of argument centered around the authenticity of these voices.

New information about the voices came with the publication of James Kolar’s book ‘Foreign Faction’ in 2012. What the public would learn from his book was that it was the 911 call operator, Kimberly Archuletta who had heard the voices at the end of Patsy’s calland it was she who alerted detectives to their existence. It was not as first thought, detectives working on their own who discovered their existence.

It was upon learning this that I decided that there must have been something to this ‘voices at the end of the 911 call’. Prior to this I had really not paid much attention to the ‘voices at the end of the tape’ story. I had previously dismissed them as likely being old voices not properly erased from a recycled tape or even possibly some crazy idea Boulder Police had gotten into their heads in their determination to find something incriminating against the Ramseys.

But Kolar revealed that the call center operator herself had heard the voices over the phone line the morning of the murder before anyone even knew it was a murder. She had heard extra voices coming through the line as she kept it open even though Patsy had stopped talking to her. Kimberly’s information was highly significant I reasoned, for here was a trained 911 operator with no connection to the case or no knowledge of the situation of the caller, yet sensing that there was something so strange about what she’d heard that she reported it to her supervisor at the beginning of her next shift, so Kolar tells us.

It was at this point that I completely altered my opinion of ‘voices at the end of the 911 call’ and decided they were not an artifact at all but were in fact, very real.

So I do thank you, James Kolar for publishing the information in your book about the call center operator hearing the voices. Ironically it has driven another nail in the coffin of your's and the Boulder Police’s theory that John and Patsy are guilty. For after I read your book in July 2012 and learnt the details of who first heard the voices, I was driven to seek the explanation for them. But what I found out was much more than I had anticipated and certainly way more than what you or the Boulder Police unearthed during your respective investigations.

One of the first things I realised after months of digging at Forums for Justice and reading the research of Spade and others, was that although the voices were definitely there they were not the voices of John or Burke. They could not have been.

Boulder Police never even thought of considering the fact that the voices could have been anyone else’s besides John’s and Burke’s. They simply forged ahead with their investigation blindly believing they were. As was, they were completely wrong in their belief but having based all their investigations around this false premise, this piece of evidence predictably led them nowhere.

• jonbenetramseymurder

• Mar 29, 2017

PART 5 The call center operator’s information about the 911 call

Excerpt from: Foreign Faction Who really Kidnapped JonBenet? by James Kolar, June 2012

Page 100
“Dispatcher Kimberly Archuleta had concluded her midnight shift on the morning of December 26, 1996, with the handling of the 911 call generated by Patsy Ramsey. She had driven home that morning, having a difficult time letting go of the emotions that had developed as a result of the kidnapping call. She had spoken to her son about it later that day, uncomfortable about what she had overheard on the phone call. 12

For some unknown reason, Archuleta was not aware of the outcome of the call she had handled that morning and didn’t learn about JonBenet’s death until she returned for her next regularly scheduled shift assignment at the Boulder County Regional Communications Center.

Upon hearing of JonBenet’s murder, Archuleta nearly became ill. A supervisor directed her to her office, where she sat and tried to calm her emotions. She could not get past the notion that something had been wrong about the 911 call and it had been there, troubling her subconscious during her days off.

Archuleta asked her supervisor if police had listened to the 911 tape and was told that they already obtained a copy of the recording: “What about the end of the call? Have they listened to the tail end of the call after patsy stopped talking?

The supervisor looked back at Archuleta with a puzzled look on her face. “What are you talking about?” She asked.

The 911 call didn’t end when Patsy stopped talking to her, Archuleta explained. The telephone line had not disconnected immediately, and she heard a definite change in the tone of Patsy Ramsey’s voice before the call was fully terminated. Archuleta explained that the hysterical nature of Patsy Ramsey’s voice appeared to have dissipated, and she thought that she had been talking to someone else nearby at her end of the telephone line. Investigators needed to listen to that extended part of the 911 call, Archuleta told her supervisor.”

Page 502
“12 The details of Archuleta’s experiences are derived from an author interview conducted with her in December 2005.”

• jonbenetramseymurder

• Mar 29, 2017 · Edited

PART 6 Whose voices were heard at the end of the 911 call?

The voices cannot be those of John or Burke

When I first came to the case I was not particularly interested in the voices on the enhanced tape, as I believed the Ramseys when they said that Burke was still asleep in bed when Patsy made the call and so I could not believe as many did, that the voices were those of Burke and John Ramsey. I thought they were probably faint old voices on a tape that had been recycled, voices recorded from an earlier call that had not been properly erased.

I believed all this right up until 2012 when I read James Kolar’s book “Foreign Faction’. Kolar wrote about the call center operator, Kimberly Archuletta being the one who first heard the voices and that it was she who drew the attention of police to the existence of the voices not long after the murder when she told them about having heard them and thinking they sounded strange.

So if it was Kimberly Archuletta who got the detectives investigating the 911 call voices and not just the detectives themselves I thought that there might really be something to ‘the extra voices’ thing and I eventually came to the conclusion that the voices were actually there. So how was I to reconcile this with my firm conviction that Patsy and John were innocent of the murder? It was while thinking all this over I kept recalling the other strange aspects to the call that had always bothered me. There were at least three.

The first was why were the voices so faint that neither US Secret Service nor the FBI could decipher or detect them? The FBI at least, should have been able to decipher the voices. They must have, I feel sure, state of the art voice detection devices capable of picking up voices not just in adjacent rooms but in nearby buildings. There is something very odd about the FBI’s inability to pick up voices supposedly coming from across the room during a phone conversation. In my opinion the fact that the FBI could not decipher the words coming through on the recording of that 911 emergency call meant those words were very unlikely to have been spoken by someone from just across the room from where Patsy was making the call as many people claim.

The second was why had Patsy hung up so suddenly while she was talking to Kimberly Archuletta. Patsy stopped talking and Archuletta began calling her by name yet Patsy just hung up on her or at least stopped talking to her. What was so urgent that Patsy had to hang up so abruptly? Even hanging up at all on a 911 call was such a strange thing to do. As many posters commented, desperate callers usually stay on the phone seeking guidance and reassurance from the operator until help actually arrives.

The third strange thing was that Boulder Police had come up with the idea that that the phone had not been properly ‘hung up’ when Patsy stopped talking to Archuletta. They reasoned that Patsy only thought she had placed the receiver back in its cradle but that she had not done so properly and this was the reason why the phone did not disconnect, the receiver was sitting in the cradle but not in the correct position such that the line had been disconnected. As many posters have stated, this was not possible with that model of phone. With this type of phone the receiver would have just fallen onto the counter had it not been properly placed in its cradle. Clearly the Boulder Police theory about the phone being not ‘properly hung up’ was simply dumb and there had to be some other explanation.

Thinking over these strange aspects to the 911 call, another explanation for the sudden ‘hang up’ and additional voices came to me and that was – could there have been a call to Patsy’s cell phone while she was speaking on the landline to the call center operator that caused her to mildly panic, stop speaking to the call center operator, put the landline receiver down on the counter and reach for her cell phone, answering it and speaking to the caller after John had gone off somewhere else in the house to check something out and while Burke was still pretending to be asleep in his bedroom?

It seems to me that a very likely scenario is that Patsy could see she had an incoming call on her cell phone and felt she needed to answer it. Then as she answered the cell phone call she didn’t realize that the voices coming though her cell phone would be picked up through the landline just loudly enough for Kimberly Archuletta at the other end of the landline to hear them. If this is really what happened it begs the question – from whom was Patsy expecting a call that she felt compelled to answer?

That question aside, if my theory is correct that means those voices were not coming from across the room as detectives had concluded, they were coming through Patsy’s cell phone. And while Kimberly could hear the conversation coming via the cell phone, the recording equipment at the call center that was picking up the landline conversation between her and Patsy could not pick up the cell phone conversation at all well, nevertheless the voices were picked up, later to be enhanced by Aerospace Incorporated.

As far as I can tell, that has to be the explanation for why the voices were so faint that only an organization that had the highly sophisticated technology to pick up noises from outer space was able to detect and enhance them.

In my opinion then, and I think I have demonstrated this above - those voices were not those of John or Burke from the other side of the kitchen in the Ramsey house, they were the voices of two unknown males located somewhere beyond the Ramsey house and voices that were coming in via a cell phone link. One was an angry adult and one a confused youth but the angry adult male was not John and the confused young male was not Burke.

So now we have more unanswered questions - Whose voices were they? Who would be thinking of calling Patsy on her cell phone at that time of morning? It does seem to be a person whose call Patsy seemed to be half expecting, otherwise why would she not have ignored the incoming call. And what would this person be calling her about anyway? And could it have been someone who already knew about the murder?

• jonbenetramseymurder

• Mar 29, 2017 · Edited

PART 7 1999

What the grand jury heard about the 911 call

I think Boulder Police had become aware of there being a real problem with their 911 call evidence soon after the Geraldo Show. After the playing of the voices at the end of the Aerospace enhanced 911 recording on the show in August 1998 nothing more was leaked by Boulder Police about this subject, ever.

Nevertheless, their 911 call evidence was presented to the grand jury and a copy of the 911 recording was provided to Burke’s lawyers prior to him giving his testimony on May 26. At least, it appears this did happen if the following report in the Daily Times-Call is to be believed:

Magazine: Lawyer given tape of 911 call

Daily Times-Call
June 2 1999
by B.J.Plasket

“Newsweek, in an edition to be published this week, claims Burke Ramsey 's lawyer was given a copy of the tape of Patsy Ramsey 's 911 call early in the morning of Dec. 26, 1996. Burke Ramsey reportedly testified before the grand jury nearly two weeks ago and, according to the June 7 edition of Newsweek, Burke's Atlanta-based lawyer, Jim Jenkins, was given a copy of the tape.

Earlier reports said the tape contradicts statements given by JonBenet's parents, John and Patsy, indicating Burke was in bed during the entire ordeal. An enhanced version of the tape reportedly contains Burke's voice asking questions and the voice of an adult male — presumed to be John Ramsey — telling him to go back to bed.

The Newsweek report said District Judge Roxanne Bailin ordered District Attorney Alex Hunter to turn over a copy prior to Burke's testimony. The article reportedly says Bailin ordered the tape to be turned over because Colorado law allows grand jury witnesses to see copies of earlier statements.

After the Geraldo Show fiasco I think Boulder Police would have changed their minds about wanting to have this 911 call evidence presented to the grand jury but it was too late for them to have it removed from the prosecution case because this evidence had already been given to the grand jury prosecutors back in June at the mega conference. Boulder Police would have had a hard time explaining to Kane and Levin why they wanted to dispense with that evidence so they just had to let it go and hope for the best.

Just which copy of the 911 recording Boulder Police provided to the District Attorney to turn over to Burke’s lawyers is not known. Whether it was a copy of the original call recording without the extra voices at the end or the Aerospace recording with the voices enhanced such that they were audible, or even both, there is no way of knowing. It does seem however, that Jim Jenkins was given a copy of the Aerospace enhanced tape with the voices. Lawrence Schiller in his book ‘Perfect Murder Perfect Town’ records what seems to be a comment Jim Jenkins made after he apparently heard the Aerospace voice enhanced recording:

“Later in 1998, Jim Jenkins, Burke's attorney, said that possibly Burke had gotten out of bed and gone to the head of the stairs.”

• jonbenetramseymurder

• Mar 29, 2017 · Edited

PART 8 2003

Redacted copies of the 911 tape

Fast forward to July 2003, and the next the public heard about the voices at the end of the tape was from Lin Wood, the Ramseys’ lawyer. Wood claimed he fought a long battle with the Boulder Police to get access to the tape but without success. They had refused to relinquish a copy to him. However with the handing over the case to the District Attorney’s office, Wood said that the new DA, Mary Lacy directed that a copy be handed over to him.

Once having received what seems were two copies of the 911 call recording, one an audiocassette and one a CD, from Mary Lacy in May 2003, Wood announced that he had supplied them to both NBC and CBS. It is not known which copy/copies NBC and CBS. That would be interesting to find out. It would also be interesting to know exactly what the audiocassette was a copy of and similarly what the CD was a copy of.

I feel confident in saying that the audiocassette was a copy of the original call center audiocassette and the CD was a copy of the Aerospace enhancement that had been provided to Boulder Police as a CD. Regardless of whatever the situation was with respect to the two different recordings, it was Wood’s position was that there were no extra voices at the end of the 911 call and the claim by the Boulder Police that there were additional voices heard after Patsy had supposedly hung up was a fabrication. As his reasoning behind his releasing the recording he stated:

“The tape is objective evidence of the campaign of leaking false information about the Ramseys in an effort to prejudice them in the minds of the public. I think it's still important for the public to understand how this family was mistreated and why there was this public perception that the family might be involved."

His view was that after the public listened to the entire recoding on which could be heard Patsy’s anguished voice and with no additional voices at the end as he claimed, the public would come to see the Ramseys as innocent of the murder of their daughter.

Even though, back in August 1998, the public had been given the opportunity to read the transcript of Patsy’s 911 call when it was leaked to the press, this would be the first time the public would hear the actual voices and the distress in Patsy’s voice as she spoke to the call center operator.

CBS was expected to air ‘their’ version of the 911 call recording that had been supplied to them by Wood in May but ultimately they declined to do this because although they said they heard noises at the end they said they could not conclusively be analyzed. As Al Briganti, executive director of 48 Hours was quoted as saying:

“Our own analysis showed that there was something there. It's almost impossible to detect what it was. It was in conflict with what Lin (Wood) felt was on the tape, so we felt we didn't really have a story.”

Newspapers reported also that CBS:

"declined to air the tape because there was also a compact disc copy of the 911 call with more noises at the end that could not conclusively be analyzed."

NBC however announced it would be airing ‘their’ version of the 911 call recording at 9pm on Dateline with Katie Couric July 8:

Daily Camera
July 8, 2003

"Dateline NBC is expected tonight at 9 p.m. to air the recording of Patsy Ramsey`s call to 911 in Boulder on Dec. 26, 1996, after she discovered a ransom note for her daughter, JonBenet."

Additionally, NBC announced they would have their own experts at two different labs examine 911 tapes to see if there was any conversation after the hang up. Their first expert, Frank Piazza and also an un-named technician of Legal Audio in New York City were reported as saying:

“I would say my findings are much more in parallel with the FBI’s findings. There’s not enough there to give any sort of conclusive, intelligible argument." and "There is what I perceived to be a male voice that is so buried in noise, you can't tell."

Their second expert David Mariasy from Team Audio in Toledo, Ohio, was quoted as saying something slightly different:

“When it was suggested that we look for these other lines of dialogue and there’s two or three other people after the hang up, that didn’t happen.” he said.

Some additional comments made by the CBS expert, Al Briganti during a private conversation with Jameson 911_page were as follows:

"We never came to a conclusion as to what exactly was on the full 911 audio. On the CD loaned to us, one does hear some noise after what appears to be a hang up attempt. Our expert and even one of NBCs concluded as much, but interestingly the Katie Couric report never made much of this. The question remains what is that noise, and does it rise to the level of the discussion described by Steve Thomas? We certainly were not able to confirm that. But, neither were we able to confirm that there was nothing a

Witness 28

Reaction score
Unfortunately, whatever you want to belive about anything from taxes, to the JBR 911 call, can be supported on the internet. All you have to do is look.

The last "offical" thing I read from a mainstream source, was that in 2003 the fbi&secret service labs concluded there was no other voices on the recording.

OK l....let's say there was an intruder that night, entered through the broken window from the basement , and the Intruder might know someone who worked for John and Patsy Ramsey or was a friend of the Ramsey's.
His intention what's the kidnap a little girl Joe Bennett Ramsey

OK let's say it was an intruder that night the he went through the window in the basement ,is intentions was to kidnapped girl JonBenét , he would need to have known a lot about Ramsey's house or friend of the Ramsey's, someone who worked for John and Patsy Ramsey, he must have known information about the house, family and financial situation like John Ramsey Christmas bonus, the same as ransom note amount.

Witness 28

Reaction score
One would say Burke is totally innocent
2 intruders,1?, the second one ...
Michael Helgoth...1 former paratrooper
2 owned a pair of Hi-Tec boots.
3 string or rope used as garotte was Paratrooper string or rope

4 Michael Helgoth worked in a junkyard ,car parts place ,he told a worker there at the same place that around Christmas he was going to come into a fair bit of money, him and his friend... 50 to $60,000.
5 the Ransom note was signed SBTC.....
6 Michael Helgoth was murdered shortly after , police said they are closing in on the Suspects, the crime scene was made to look like a suicide, but the gun was on the wrong side,his head wound was on his right side of the head,and the Gun on left side of his body?
7 the t-shirt
Michael Helgoth was wearing at the crime scene /suicide/ murder had SBTC on it...
And what does this stand for...
Santa Barbara Tennis Club......
So the possibility who ever killed or Murdered Michael helgoth, might be the one who has DNA left on the little girl at the crime scene ,other evidence at the crime scene that night Beaver hair....?
If Michael Helgoth was not there that night, he was set up a possibility?

What If…

Former Member
Reaction score
I am certain the Grand Jury will be delighted to hear of all of your research.

Witness 28

Reaction score
One must think all the evidence the Bolger police dept collected and say that they have must be re-examined and tested again including any DNA evidence .
Lou smit said there was an intruder through the window in the basement ,and still the people in charge at the time took no notice of him, Lou Smit proved there was a disturbance of dust on the windowsill of the Basement window scuff marks going down the wall inside the basement where the crime-scene was.
louwindow.jpg

Lou smit showing how he gained access through the basement window
csbwin2.jpg

Dust and debris was disturbed on the window seal.
cssuitcase.jpg

Scuff marks, of someone using a shoe the climb down the wall in basement.
One must feel for the Ramsey's,of the hurt an actual torture, they were put through.
I think Patsy and John and Burke Ramsey's
Were very brave at the time to go through all the turmoil of been accused of murder and cover up when they were innocent
More news to come on the ringleaders of the kidnap plot and murder to follow

proust20

Reaction score
LS presented his views of the case to the GJ. That they returned indictments against both parents indicates that they did not assign much probative value to his opinions.

Whatever may or may not have been said after the 911 hang-up is not as significant as the parents subsequently changing their story about Burke remaining asleep until after the arrival of BPD. Why invent a false timeline? What difference should it make to the investigation whether or not BR were awake? In order for this fake narrative to play out accordingly, BR had to be coached as how to pretend. What explanation was he given by Mom and Dad to act deceptively?

Amazingly, IDI still has adherents! Those who hold this position must explain firstly by what means did the intruder(s) arrive at and depart from the R's residence.

Last edited:

Eddie99

Reaction score
It's important to note, the grand jury didn't indict on murder charges.

A little girl was murdered in her home. I think it's perfectly reasonable to want this investigated. I personally don't think the parents killed her. But if I was on that jury, I think I would have wanted that angle looked into.