Was Burke involved?

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by GuruJosh, May 25, 2005.

?

Was Burke involved in JB's death?

1. Burke was involved in the death of JBR

377 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. Burke was totally uninvolved in her death

256 vote(s)
    40.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

Sounding like a broken record but I have seen her rage.It will stay with me forever. I have also seen it in my birth family.So, in a strange way Patsy has saved me. To actually see what rage will do and the consequences and coverup has defined me for the last few years.I spend my time talking about this and hoping someone else will see it too.

2. Solace

Solace New Member

ConcernedPerson: You don't sound like a broken record to me. What do you mean you have seen Patsy's rage??????

3. luvbeaches

luvbeaches New Member

Sometimes I think we are are the same person! I've read many of your posts and thought they were mine... :)

4. DeeDee249

DeeDee249 Well-Known Member

Not sure why this poll and thread popped up, but I can't vote completely on either choice. There needed to be a third option- that he knows what happened.
    I can't commit to his total and solitary involvement, but there are a lot of things he is keeping secret.
    I believe JAR was still in Boulder Christmas Day and night. He is proven to have been at the R party on the 23 (he appears in a photo of the party). I believe JR hired lawyers for him and his mother to prevent them from having to provide photographic proof of his presence in Atlanta Christmas Day. The ATM photo is unclear and does not show his face (hidden by a cap) and was not from that day anyway. The theater ticket purporting to show he had been in a movie in Atlanta could have belonged to anyone.

5. Toltec

Toltec New Member

I know I've seen that photo of JAR at the ATM machine...is it still around?

6. joeskidbeck

joeskidbeck Rest in Peace

I have not seen the photo of JAR at the atm but I agree with DeeDee that there is a good chance he was still in Boulder that night. I dont believe for one moment that Mr. Barnhill was mistaken about seeing him Christmas day. One thing I did find strange was that JAR's friend supposedly spent the night with him (in his room). This was one part of his alibi. I dont know about this, isn't it strange that twenty year olds had a sleep-over? Not the sleep-over part but the fact that he stayed in JAR's room. That sounds suspicious to me, as in a made-up story to cover for JAR.

7. joeskidbeck

It would be interesting to know if LE found any gifts for JAR still at the Ramsey's or on the plane. After all, if he had been there that morning, I'm sure he would have already been given his gifts. Add to that, no videotaping of Christmas morning and I'm pretty convinced of his presence. This would be a very good way to keep BR silent as well, even if he was not involved in what happened, he wouldn't want his big brother to go to prison.

8. DeeDee249

Excellent point- too bad the police didn't think of it. Was the plane ever searched at all?

9. SunnieRN

SunnieRN Active Member

Why would they search the victims plane, when they didn't even search the 'victims' as they left 755 15th street? In fact they didn't search anyone, the R's, including Burke, any of their friends, or make a list of everything taken out of the house by Patsys sister, that took two police cars to carry.

10. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

SunnieRN,

Good point. We have a homicide and a relative of the victim is allowed to remove stuff from the crime scene, what! Is this Boulder or Moscow?

Why do I think conspiracy?

11. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

DeeDee249,

We know Burke was involved. If only in the coverup. I reckon he was sipping tea as JonBenet snacked on pineapple, so he knows what JonBenet was wearing, white gap top or pink nightgown? He knows she was not placed into her bed by her parents. Remember he said he saw her walk into the house after the White's party. So he must know now his parents are/were telling lies, and that he is part of the coverup, and may even be the offender?

If JAR was the offender why would Patsy cover for him, or is he an just an accessory?

12. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Well-Known Member

Hey DeeDee.

The ATM photo is unclear and does not show his face (hidden by a cap) and was not from that day anyway. -DD

uhmm, I can't remember having ever seen a JAR at ATM photo, Where
    would it have been seen?

13. DeeDee249

Someone posted it here a while back.

As for why Patsy would cover for JAR? If JR forced her to, she would. Or if her own son was somehow involved as well.

14. UKGuy

UKGuy Well-Known Member

DeeDee249,

ITA :great:

15. Tadpole12

Tadpole12 Well-Known Member

Going through old JAR related threads, looking for ATM photo. it's all here at WS, somewhere!

16. madeleine

madeleine Well-Known Member

yep,interesting that he hired lawyers for his family but not for Patsy's.and why so eager to have the cops clear JAR and Melinda and not a word about Don P. or someone else in P's fam?IMO he didn't want his ex wife and kids TALK about HIM.

17. Toltec

Toltec New Member

JAR is told by LE to write his feelings and the who and what of JonBenet's murder. He comments on the amount of the ransom and how he could pay that amount. He notes the references to movies in the rn. He talks about Patsy being "flashy" and perhaps it was one of her friends who commited the crime. He talks about the movie Ransom and how it relates to his family. He talks about "forgiving" the killer. Steve Thomas comments on how JAR had "attitude".

If JAR is willing to forgive the killer...then it must be either his father or brother. I don't think JAR would cover for his step-mother.

18. joeskidbeck

BBM

Toltec, I agree with you that JAR would not have covered for Patsy if she had been the lone killer. But what of the theory that she caught him molesting JB, took a swing at him, missed him and hit JB my mistake? In this scenario he had a really good motive for covering her hide as well as his own. I also believe this was the reason JR hired lawyers for his family and not Patsy's. After all, if they weren't involved (or had no real knowledge), they would not have needed lawyers.

19. SunnieRN

SunnieRN Active Member

The only person I can see John Ramsey covering for, would be one or both of his sons. I honestly don't see he and Patsy as having a wonderful, close intimate marriage prior to JonBenet's death. This leads me to believe there was a STRONG reason for NOT trying to sell Patsy down the river. They were in this together, for whatever the reason. I believe it had to be to protect their other child.

I agree with you Becky, that if JAR, or JAR and Burke, were caught molesting JonBenet, than it would most likely mean that Patsy had attempted to stop them, by hitting JAR, but hit JB instead, by accident. In this case, John would of course protect Patsy, as in turn, he would be protecting his son or sons.

20. DeeDee249

Interesting how JAR made references to movies like Ransom. Doesn't the RN sound like some movie influence too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.