Was Joe involved?

If Joe did the crime, Ron would've known. Joe was there that night & then shagged azz. He was the 1st person Misty publicly, called out as a possible suspect, & Teresa even talked about it. Was Ron just not paying attention?

I have no doubt that Ron suspected Joe, but I also believe that LE told him in no uncertain terms to let them handle this and not to take matters into his own hands. Not to mention that there was no proof and Joe was supposedly "cleared" by LE. Even though Misty pointed to Cousin Joe and he was suspected by a number of family members, LE had the wisdom to be patient until the time in which they might have enough supporting evidence to have a case.

Accessory after the fact?

I don't think so...cyber, I haven't heard one thing except what has come out of a Croslin or Cummings mouth that implicates Joe in any way. He was an easy scapegoat imo, expendable it seems. I actually feel bad for the guy..jmo though..

No, I don't think JO is the one they are looking at.

IMO
I am hoping that too. Joe is just a smokescreen and we will all be laughing later. I hope Putnam County LE is more clever than I give them credit for.

I have no doubt that Ron suspected Joe, but I also believe that LE told him in no uncertain terms to let them handle this and not to take matters into his own hands. Not to mention that there was no proof and Joe was supposedly "cleared" by LE. Even though Misty pointed to Cousin Joe and he was suspected by a number of family members, LE had the wisdom to be patient until the time in which they might have enough supporting evidence to have a case.

Yeah, and Misty was pointing in a lot of directions, which now seems pretty much an attempt of self-preservation. In retrospect, I have a lot of respect for how LE has stayed on this case. Many, many missing children are never found and the cases go cold.

Do you really believe that Ron suspected Joe and despite his ranting about what he would do if he knew who "they" were , he listened to LE and stayed quiet and continued on in his drug trade? Yep, Misty pointed at Joe early on when she was pressed and so far she has lied about everything else, but not this? Then to top it off, they have sat in jail for 4 months without screaming to the top of their lungs all of this info that is coming out now.... I respect your opinion kamky, but respectfully disagree with your post in it's entirety..that's just my :twocents: and prolly not worth a plug nickel..:)

I am hoping that too. Joe is just a smokescreen and we will all be laughing later. I hope Putnam County LE is more clever than I give them credit for.

I have never seen LE use an innocent person, deliberately, as a smokescreen. That would be morally reprehensible and probably illegal. The more common tactic is silence. The one who is seen standing in handcuffs on the dock is Misty. The ones failing the polys--Misty and Tommy. The one whom LE flew out of state to interview--Joe.

And no matter who is or isn't arrested, tried, and convicted, I don't think any of us will be "laughing" later. Little Haleigh is dead. The people who loved her are devasted. Her brother likely witnessed his sister's removal from the mobile home and will never be the same. We want the person or persons who killed Haleigh to be caught and punished. It shouldn't matter if we were right or wrong, or whether the people we like least turn out to be innocent.

Do we know if JO has agreed to a poly? Has he already taken one?

Remember in the initial Police telephone call, the very disrespectful thing that Ron says to Misty (questions how could she let her 'get taken', 'or stolen' -or something to the affect of that?). Was that a 'slip of the tongue' or possibly part of the 'plan'? That was a very strange choice of words to 'ask' her out of the blue.

I want to believe that JO is just being framed and that Haleigh's demise was some sort of an accident! I can't bear the thought of another small, innocent child being sexually molested by a grown man (men). That is incomprehensible to me. ESPECIALLY thinking that Misty KNEW what was happening to Haleigh. And I find it even harder to believe that RC would just stand around twiddling his thumbs, while this family walks around free - because I truly do believe that even if he had an the slightest inkling they had something to do with Haleigh's disappearance, someone would have been shot!

Sorry, but I think everyone of these people deserve EVERYTHING they have coming to them. This case is baffling, mainly because of the mentality and life style these people possess!
JMO

Still Praying for Haleigh!

Misty planted the Cousin Joe seed back in the start, and describes him as always being criminal. She's asked, but like Grandma Flo - she don't know.

Here's an interview with Matt Lauer of the Today Show way back in Feb, 2009 where Matt questions Misty about Joe Overstreet. Skip or speed forward to 3/4 of the way through.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/29298458#29298458

With the new twists and turns, what do you think about Joe?

I am convinced he is involved. In fact I am beginning to believe he could be the main perpetrator.

There has to be something in this man's background that none of us know about for most of his own family to turn away from him due to this.

Maybe a long held dirty family secret.

IMO

Yes on JO. But they need something solid that can take to a grand jury--not just the word of two jail birds. I think Haleigh is in a different location and I hope they can find even the smallest trace). Granny Hollar seems to be trying to resolve this mess, too stunned to question ToC (I've kept my mouth shut when people are venting too). Why did RC marry MC? He was dealing in illegal weapons, wanted to control and keep her quiet.

Do you really believe that Ron suspected Joe and despite his ranting about what he would do if he knew who "they" were , he listened to LE and stayed quiet and continued on in his drug trade? Yep, Misty pointed at Joe early on when she was pressed and so far she has lied about everything else, but not this? Then to top it off, they have sat in jail for 4 months without screaming to the top of their lungs all of this info that is coming out now.... I respect your opinion kamky, but respectfully disagree with your post in it's entirety..that's just my :twocents: and prolly not worth a plug nickel..:)

Well, the evidence is that Ron didn't kill Joe, Misty or Tommy. They are all alive. He also hasn't murdered anyone of the other people he might have suspected. Because someone shoots his mouth off that he will "kill" someone doesn't mean that he will actually do that.

Misty may well still be lying, but at some point that won't matter. LE is going to have physical evidence--probably bones or tissue, maybe the cinderblocks and rope, maybe evidence on or in the van, and perhaps a more believable confession from Tommy, who may admit his role and hope to avoid the death penalty. I know a lot of people in LE, at the local, state and federal levels. Every one of them knows that suspects and convicted criminals lie all the time. That's why they do investigations and collect evidence.

I have never seen LE use an innocent person, deliberately, as a smokescreen. That would be morally reprehensible and probably illegal. The more common tactic is silence. The one who is seen standing in handcuffs on the dock is Misty. The ones failing the polys--Misty and Tommy. The one whom LE flew out of state to interview--Joe.

And no matter who is or isn't arrested, tried, and convicted, I don't think any of us will be "laughing" later. Little Haleigh is dead. The people who loved her are divested. Her brother likely witnessed his sister's removal from the mobile home and will never be the same. We want the person or persons who killed Haleigh to be caught and punished. It shouldn't matter if we were right or wrong, or whether the people we like least turn out to be innocent.

I haven't either and today I noticed that Hardy showed a hint of disgust with his short retort that Overstreet had lawyered up. I think when they flew all the way to TN to speak with him, about 45 minutes into the interview, Overstreet's lawyer stopped the interview and JO will not be meeting with the Florida police anymore.

imo

Well, the evidence is that Ron didn't kill Joe, Misty or Tommy. They are all alive. He also hasn't murdered anyone of the other people he might have suspected. Because someone shoots his mouth off that he will "kill" someone doesn't mean that he will actually do that.

Misty may well still be lying, but at some point that won't matter. LE is going to have physical evidence--probably bones or tissue, maybe the cinderblocks and rope, maybe evidence on or in the van, and perhaps a more believable confession from Tommy, who may admit his role and hope to avoid the death penalty. I know a lot of people in LE, at the local, state and federal levels. Every one of them knows that suspects and convicted criminals lie all the time. That's why they do investigations and collect evidence.

From Hardy's statements today I do think he believes Misty and perhaps Tommy are beginning to finally tell the truth.

imo

And no matter who is or isn't arrested, tried, and convicted, I don't think any of us will be "laughing" later. Little Haleigh is dead. The people who loved her are devasted. Her brother likely witnessed his sister's removal from the mobile home and will never be the same. We want the person or persons who killed Haleigh to be caught and punished. It shouldn't matter if we were right or wrong, or whether the people we like least turn out to be innocent.
I'll clarify.. if they are allowing Joe to be the smokescreen at present, I believe they went easy on him and gave him reason to believe he was safe.. As far as 'laughing'..i'll plug in a new word..Haleigh's death is no laughing matter, obviously. I meant laughing at ourselves if we were duped by LE into thinking they believed Joe is guilty, if it is a smokescreen. Let's reduce that to..snickering?

With the new twists and turns, what do you think about Joe?

I think Joe is involved, but I'm just not sure he's the one who killed Haleigh. I don't see a motive.

If Haleigh was killed near the river, then that whole propping the back door of the MH open with a cinder block and the kidnapping story was a staged cover up. I can't see MC and TC covering up for Joe. And, what about RC............he was adamant that his child had been kidnapped.

I think that staged cover-up was to cover for MC or RC, not Joe.

I'll give Sheriff Hardy the benefit of the doubt if Joe is his target. But with eyes wide open. He has to produce much, much more than these testimonials to make me a believer. One should not be blind to the fact that he is under tremendous pressure to make an arrest in this very high profile case. Both by the citizens and himself personally. His reputation and continued success as Sheriff is on the line if he is duped by some of the LEAST finest citizens of Putnam County. I just hope he is not rushing forward with the noose to solve this case on his watch. Something smells in Putnam. We all know that Joe is no choir boy, which makes him even a better fall guy. JMO.

I think Hardy is very well aware he has to prove nothing to anyone but the jury that will sit on the case if there is an arrest and a criminal trial.

I most definitely believe JO is right in the bullseye of LE. In fact, I think they suspected him early on and have never dropped him off the radar.

I think it is just a matter of time before he will be arrested along with Misty and Tommy.

Hardy seems to be very comfortable now that at last people are coming forth talking about what happened that day. Whatever and whomever it is IMO the statements they are giving are matching up to the 14 month investigation.

IMO

I think Joe is involved, but I'm just not sure he's the one who killed Haleigh. I don't see a motive.

If Haleigh was killed near the river, then that whole propping the back door of the MH open with a cinder block and the kidnapping story was a staged cover up. I can't see MC and TC covering up for Joe. And, what about RC............he was adamant that his child had been kidnapped.

I think that staged cover-up was to cover for MC or RC, not Joe.

I can see a sexual motive.

There has to be something in his background for most of his family to turn away from him over this instead of standing by him.

imo

I'll clarify.. if they are allowing Joe to be the smokescreen at present, I believe they went easy on him and gave him reason to believe he was safe.. As far as 'laughing'..i'll plug in a new word..Haleigh's death is no laughing matter, obviously. I meant laughing at ourselves if we were duped by LE into thinking they believed Joe is guilty, if it is a smokescreen. Let's reduce that to..snickering?

I think she is brutally honest.

I am glad that she is a strong woman who refuses to be a part of the cover up.

imo

Yes, I think he is. I think somewhere the truth is that Tommy, Joe and Misty were in that mobile home early in the evening and a party ensued. What happened after that is anybody's guess. I STILL think Ron, Jr. was the best and only honest witness. One of the two males took Haleigh out of her bed. I shudder to think about the bouncing couch. Then, perhaps, she was murdered because she was so badly injured they all feared both her father and his rage and what would happen to them all in the legal system.

About Joe's "I didn't do it." He must know there is an "it" that was done. that alone sugests to me that he knows what happened. Otherwise, he would have said, "I am not involved in Haleigh's disappearance." The "it" has to be something, in his mind. For example, a kid sees an angry parent and says, "I didn't do it" even before the parent asks, "Who broke the lamp?" That's a kid with guilty knowledge, either guilty of the act or knowing what happened and who did it.

Keep in my that he said if he knew what happened he would "straight call the cops". I wouldn't construe the way any of these people talk as a reason for suspecting guilt They all have displayed poor english at some point I believe. Another example is Ron's "B**** you got my daughter stole" Not saying my english is perfect especially when typing, but when speaking I atleast try to talk properly!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back