Was Joe involved?

I have said it since Grma Flo entered showed up in this case - IMO well over half of Grma Flo's statements are actually speculations and theories she picked up from sites such as this one and others like it. I don't think she is engaged in an evil attempt to supply/feed the kids possible stories to tell. But rather, I think, like us, she is caught up in this case from the sidelines and therefor has nothing of substance to add to the investigation but her own theories.

The question is "was Joe involved?" Involvement leaves open many possibilities as it implies "on any level."

I have not ruled Joe out as being involved on some level but IMO it would be on a very low level if he is involved at all. The "Joe did it" and "threatened me with a knife" tale does not ring true.

In the beginning, Joe was high on my list of possible suspects. With him having been interviewed several times by LE, he has moved down to the bottom of my list. I do think it is a possibility he was there and thus could have gotten caught up in events of that night.

Sometimes we see a person that we really do not want to be involved in any way, so we look for all the reasons why, to us, they are innocent. I have tried to do this with Ron Cummings. I really do not want Ron to be the guilty party; I want that for Haleigh's sake because I find it most heartbreaking when a child is harmed to have it be at the hands of a parent. However, RC's behavior and many statements made by him placed him on my list of suspects. Not only did he not act the way an innocent, grieving father would act, he acted as if he has much to hide, IMO.

If RC is involved, I suppose Joe could be involved also. But, if RC was not involved, I do not see how he would have left Joe alone, if Joe did it. And I believe if Joe did it, RC would have known or would have eventually figured it out/found out.

Nothing really would shock me further about this case EXCEPT finding out that Joe did it and RC had no involvement. That scenario seems implausible, as I believe RC would have gone after Joe.

A person can be ruled out as a suspect or POI, and later on be ruled back in. So far, Joe has been ruled out and remains ruled out. I do not know what evidence LE has but no doubt they have some, perhaps a substantial amount. And none of it appears to point toward Joe because last I heard he was still a free man.

I do not have a favorite suspect. I am disgusted by all of the players, and I believe those already in jail are involved in Haleigh's disappearance. For now though, the least culpable appears to be Joe, IMO. He has gone from the top of my list to the very bottom; but no one is off my list completely, not even TiC or TN.

Also IMO, the fact the Joe has a lawyer is not suspicious. If I were accused of a crime, I would want a lawyer, too.

I have to agree tlcox. She is also throwing it out there that she believes Misty because Joe is acting different!! Tell us what he is doing Gma. Has he straightened up his life because he's scared, or is he spiralling into his fantasy "Gangsta" life because he's bad, is he locked in his room not doing anything because he's depressed? Different can describe a variety of different things. Can't anyone at least try to communicate clearly.

Part of the problem in this case is that NONE of the players involved seem to be able to communicate clearly. Makes our job a lot harder.

Also IMO, the fact the Joe has a lawyer is not suspicious. If I were accused of a crime, I would want a lawyer, too.

Especially when Joe's cousin's were telling the media that they thought he was involved then lied about his suspicous behavior.

Joe left immediately after Haleigh disappeared without stating that he actually stayed longer than his scheduled time to leave to help hang posters.

Joe is a sex offender and/or pedophile. No facts to support this. Misty said he had sex with her when she was 12 but never mentioned he would have been 13 or 14. Not saying that would be okay but a big difference between preteen kissing cousins and adult sex offender/pedophile. And if it was TRUE, he was a minor at the time so the media should NEVER have reported those allegations with his name.

IMO, that also explains Joe's changed behavior when he returned home. Even an innocent person would change when the national media is reporting such horrible untruths without one ounce of proof.

I'm wondering if Joe's lawyer has kept Joe out of the spotlight and pretty much stayed out himself because he may be looking at a potential suit against the media for their reporting against Joe.

Obviously Ron doesn't believe Joe did it or he would have high tailed it over to TN and Joe would be the "missing" person now, but maybe Joe has some incite into the gun incident that could crack this case...OH OH....that just gave me a new theory...gotta run to the theory thread.

Personally, I think Joe was involved, but probably not the killer or sole killer. I thought when so many accusations were being thrown his way, that his silence actually said a lot. He has never been, (as far as I can tell), proactive about proving his innocence. It seemed that Tommy & Misty played their cards in this direction-betting that to not implicate himself at all, & to keep himself out of any trouble, he'd stay mum about what really happened & who all was involved. I think the main reason they put the blame on Joe, was because he's not locked up & they know he wants to keep it that way. So yes, I do believe Joe was involved & knows exactly what happened, but I think there are several others, in the same position.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back