Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8s9 seconds ago
Pillay is now reading from another statement, in which Meneses says she drank a lot while Millard was on his date. "You were drinking a lot, right?" Pillay asks. "I guess," Meneses says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 22s22 seconds ago
Pillay says that given all these inconsistencies, Meneses doesn't have a decent recall of what happened that night. "No, I'm pretty sure," she says. Pillay goes on to say "There's no question you lied when under oath." She agrees. #Millard

This seems to go from bad to worse! Wth didn’t the crown/cops go over this stuff with her? Or maybe she “thought” she was good to go and refused it! Once forgetful moment is one thing but holy cow!!! That’s a lot of discrepancies :eek:

When I had to testify in a criminal case, the investigative cop sat with me for over 2 hrs and went over my recording and written statements before I took the stand. He asked questions that would be asked and prepared me for my testimony.

Im sure she knew it was coming, she is admitting to lying then, which actually makes her a bit more credible now. The judge isn't dumb and knows she was under MS control. She was probably terrified of those two back then knowing what they had done.

But can her testimony be relied on that he was not actually there that night, in spite of his truck, phone, CC. Hopefully they have some other evidence and not just hers, cause she's pretty confused about what happened when, over a period of months.

I think the bag standing up picture is closer to how it was beside the bed. I think the gun was in the bag. I think the coroner pulled out the bag, someone pulled the gun out of the bag and it was placed down on the bag to be photographed.

DM sent an officer to the basement looking for a gun in a bag that he thought might be down there.

Two officers testified that the coroner held up the gun and bag in their presence. I believe them.

MOO

If the gun was actually found in the bag, with the bag erect, how on earth could any LE person on the scene lean toward a suicide?! That is absolutely incredulous. Somebody puts a gun to their head, pulls the trigger to commit suicide and the gun just neatly lands in a bag, which remains upright, while lodged between the bed and a dresser. That is absolute lunacy...never mind the implausibility of the physics behind that.

Pillay is now pointing to a statement from the Babcock trial. At that trial, Smich's lawyer, Tom Dungey asked Meneses about her cocaine use, saying Smich "helped her get off cocaine." Meneses says in the statement "we still did it up until we broke up." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 19s19 seconds ago
Crown Jill Cameron says during the Bosma trial, Justice Goodman made a ruling that under no circumstance were witnesses allowed to mention cocaine use because of discreditable conduct. She says this line of questioning is unfair, because of that. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 17s17 seconds ago
Pillay says Cameron is "likely right" -- but the question was put straight to her. He says no one objected about this at the time at the Bosma trial. #Millard

I am speculating that WM with back injuries didn't need to go to the hangar often. Did business at his house so didn't know about the accumulation of stolen items. Finally, in Nov, took his date JC to look around:

Pretty soon, Wayne was calling her three or four times a day, Campbell said, and then that November, they met in person. He proudly showed her around the new hangar he had built at Waterloo Regional Airport for his business. Christie Blatchford: Victim had found love before his death, Millard’s trial hears

She pointed out it didn't look like an airplane hangar, but a car junk shop. WM ordered DM to clean it up and get rid of all that stuff, but that didn't fit with DM's ideas. WM went after the aircraft license himself and got it to get things moving infuriating DM.

Now, what I want to know is if indeed he was cleaning up the hangar, did he hang all the keys back up when he got back home just prior to finding his dad dead? Wonder if TB's key would have been hung there eventually? He didn't say they were backup keys as though there were other sets.

In terms of TB's keys....i remember clearly that they were found on DM's key chain the day he was arrested. So again, begs the question...is he stupid, reckless, invincible or just desperate to have that trophy close by....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715