Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some folks are very sound sleepers that wouldn't wake up if someone gently moved their hand in such a way. I certainly wouldn't wake up.
Especially if they are quick. I would probably wake up but anyone else in my family I could probably move their arm around easily. They might wake up but they would be confused and disoriented, I don’t think their first instinct would be to fight back.

A little bit out of context but I was looking at the pics of Maple Gate presented at the LB trial compared to those in this trial and noticed that DM's passport was only valid for 2 years from 23 July 2012. Wasn't that around the time he went to Croatia? At 3.36 in this video:
Why would you only get a 2 year passport? Just curious because I always thought they were 5 years and then up until recently 10. Anyone know more about passports?

xb03k5.jpg%5B

Bullet's journey into Wayne Millard's brain described at son's murder trial | CBC News

I can see why RP was trying to suggest that the bullet may have followed along the skull before ending where it did. Looks to me like the shot was from a gun pointed upward. Like maybe by someone on the floor beside the bed shooting upwards.

I think the only way to make that upward shot on himself, WM would have to have had his arm tucked to his side.

MOO

Why would you only get a 2 year passport? Just curious because I always thought they were 5 years and then up until recently 10. Anyone know more about passports?

I don't know the answer, but what happens if you lose your passport and need it reissued? Does the new one cover only the period until the lost one would have expired?

I think I know what happened with that. I started to reply the other day, but it got too unwieldy so I abandoned my effort. In short, at one point there was discussion here on the thread (not this particular thread I don't think), when people were talking about the meds seen on the dresser, and what was said about what meds WM was prescribed... they were different.. a member explained that one of the meds is an ingredient in Percs.. I think you may have gotten all of that stuff misinterpreted to mean that's what they had found in his system, as opposed to his bedroom? Just my guess.
I haven’t caught up yet so I don’t know if anyone responded to this. I think that might have been me you were referring to. We were having a discussion about oxycodone. They found Percocet in his bedroom. Percocet is made up of oxycodon and acetaminophen. I thought they found oxycodon in his system, which would make sense if he was taking Percocet. Does that make sense or did I muddy the waters?

All this nonsense about the financial problems with the business IMO is a bit inflated. IMO Most of it is coming from DM the liar.

The others referred to finances as being a stress but most people in business will say that.

They didn't have enough time from hangar completion and licensing to declare it a failure.

DM showed his ignorance in the interview when he didn't understand the term "solvent" when asked "How solvent would your father be if the business didn't work out." He showed his ignorance not knowing he was a 50% owner hesitating to say he was the VP. He showed his ignorance stumbling the term "executor".

Simply, businesses borrow money all the time. RBC would not give a $3 million loan to a company they didn't check out and think would eventually be viable. IMO

DM probably didn't know anything of his father's other investments which isn't talked about but business savvy people often have other investments. IMO

Yes, I understand he sold inherited property as he was trying to do things without borrowing. But that doesn't necessarily indicate business ruin.

I think where DM felt the squeeze is his father might have put a limit on his spending and he didn't like it.

It's interesting that this picture of financial ruin mostly comes from what DM has said, not from looking at the accounting books.
WM’s bookkeeper was brought in as a witness for the other 2 trials, I wish I could remember more about what she said. Anyone remember? The Crown isn’t bringing her in, I wonder if the defence will...

anyone think there is a 'gotchya' moment coming? Or less evidence this time than in the previous 2?

I thoroughly followed the Babcock trial.:eek:
The evidence there was huge.
Here, as yet, not happening, I also, am waiting for the 'gotcha moment', BUT I am a day behind in catching up. Perhaps in next posts.:D:D
Hope there is a great surprise around the corner.:)
The fact MB is not to be called, perhaps indicates, she is not required OR will do more harm, in supporting her 'baby', in possible fabricated stories.o_O

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Barnes says he and Wayne were having a dispute about something called the "fall arrest system." Barnes says he gave the wrong number about a price for these at a meeting. #millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
We're now seeing an email that Wayne Millard sent Barnes on Thursday Nov. 29 at 2:50 a.m. It's about this system. Millard says the figures Barnes gave at an earlier meeting about this system are false. He calls this "blatantly irresponsible." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Barnes says he was "quite offended" by this, and sent an email back, but didn't get a response. The big thing here is the time -- that email appears to show that Wayne Millard was alive on Nov. 29 at 2:50 a.m. #Millard

DM could have sent this email.
He was in the house!!!!

I haven’t caught up yet so I don’t know if anyone responded to this. I think that might have been me you were referring to. We were having a discussion about oxycodone. They found Percocet in his bedroom. Percocet is made up of oxycodon and acetaminophen. I thought they found oxycodon in his system, which would make sense if he was taking Percocet. Does that make sense or did I muddy the waters?

Just jumping off your post...

And to make things even more unclear, the forensic pathologist said he didn't appear to have alcohol or drugs in his system.

Herath also testified that according to his physical exam, it didn't appear that Millard had drugs or alcohol in his system. A coroner previously testified that Millard did have a blood alcohol level over the legal limit — but he also said that could be due to decomposition.

Bullet's journey into Wayne Millard's brain described at son's murder trial | CBC News

DM could have sent this email.
He was in the house!!!!

Just jumping off your post as several people have indicated they thought DM may have sent that email.

Why would DM have sent an email while WM was on the phone with his girlfriend? Especially an email that shows that WM was ready to deal with JB regarding the error? Not something a depressed and suicidal person would likely do. It actually goes against the suicide theory.

I realize WM is the victim here. But why does that automatically make him a kind and non confrontational man who wouldn't send an email like that? CM wasn't like that, neither was DM, so why would we assume WM was any different?

MOO

Reading that article again and this one
From jetliners to police tape
it looks like DM was quite into this project in 2010 and 2011 and buying the farm locally to build a home for him and his fiancee would seem quite logical and normal. It's like something happened in late 2011/early 2012 to turn him to a life of crime and murder. The most obvious thing is money and seeing it disappear before his eyes.
I remember a discussion during the LB trial and some people were suggesting that his downward spiral started around the time he split with JS. Who knows though, it may have been a combination of things. Splitting up with your fiancée and seeing your money disappearing may have been too much. Many people go through hard times and don’t even come close to doing the things he has done though. I think he was always a spoiled brat and maybe the thought of not getting what he wanted was enough to push him over the edge. Moo

I thoroughly followed the Babcock trial.:eek:
The evidence there was huge.
Here, as yet, not happening, I also, am waiting for the 'gotcha moment', BUT I am a day behind in catching up. Perhaps in next posts.:D:D
Hope there is a great surprise around the corner.:)
The fact MB is not to be called, perhaps indicates, she is not required OR will do more harm, in supporting her 'baby', in possible fabricated stories.o_O

I thought the "gotcha" moment was when the phone records were entered showing him calling a cab and then the phone moving from Oakville to the area of Maplegate Ct in the middle of the night. And then calling a cab in the vicinity of Maplegate Ct at 6:11am.

MOO

From article: Millard's credit card statement shows a charge to a Pizza Pizza in Oakville, Ont., on Nov. 29.

I wish the statement included the time! The charge was made on the 29th, so def. after midnight, meaning that if MM was right about ordering the pizza within 10 minutes of getting back to Smich's house, that they did walk over to the plaza closer to 1am (when DM got the taxi) than 9pm as she had previously said.
Then again, without a time attached to it, couldn't it be argued that the charge was from when they went to get food when they woke up, after DM slept over?! IIRC, MM did say they went to get food the next day (same date).
Maybe there is a time attached to the charge in the statement of facts but Adam Carter didn't include it in the article...

Wouldn’t the pizza place be able to say when the charge was made? There would usually be a record of past orders, especially if they called it in vs just walking in.

You know on those murder shows the pathologist always has the head of a person up on a block. I read it's so stomach fluids don't come out the orifices. So I'd say vomitous material is likely normal for a person not propped up. IMO

As an NP who has witnessed many deaths I can say with absolute confidence, no, it it not normal for emesis (vomit) to be expelled from the mouth after death. Nor is it normal for bladder or bowel contents to be expelled. These processes have all slowed in the process of dying and thus when death comes, there is no sudden acceleration of contents....that would take a number of physiologic processes to happen that just don't happen as the body shuts down. Gastric contents remain in the stomach with a series of sphincters in place along the gastrointestinal tract to keep them there. Yes, sphincters may lose some degree of tone but not to the point that fluids and contents that are housed in particular compartments are just expelled.

I add some trivia to clarify my earlier post about the "revolver comment"

From CBC news ..... (police were at the Millard house) ....

After the gun was discovered, (cop) Nimmo said, he tracked down Millard — who at this point was sitting outside in his car with his dog.

"I told him we had located a gun," Nimmo said.

Millard then replied, "Is it a revolver?" Nimmo said. There had been no discussion with Millard about a revolver before this point, the officer said.

"He didn't seem surprised or any other emotions."

Here is the point .... the gun they found was indeed a revolver (not a pistol) .... revolvers are quite rare nowadays .... a revolver has a cylinder with typically 6 bullets in it that "revolves" each time the gun is fired.

A typical handgun (pistol) has a back and forth action to reload each bullet. So the fact that Dellen specifically used the word revolver is a huge "tell" showing he knew everything about the gun beforehand. The cop noticed it too.

If I can get it to work here is a picture of a (large) revolver showing the "gunpowder residue" expelled from the sides that police like to check for on suspects hands.

Cant get the picture to post so try this ..... revolver showing gunpowder residue File:Bullet coming from S&W.jpg - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie