Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Discussion in 'Timothy Bosma' started by CJPRINCESS, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Traymar

Traymar Well-Known Member

Thanks - this is exactly what I was trying to say. And I think DM perceived WM to be a threat in a number of ways, but primarily as a threat to his lifestyle. A "together" WM shuts down DM's freeloading rampages as a responsible and engaged parent would. A virtually absent WM in "freefall" squanders the family fortune before DM has his fill.

Either way, DM's parasitic life of crime might have soon changed from "rich and indifferent bad boy seeks thrills" to "broke and desperate has-been seeks sustenance."

But a deceased WM is not a threat to DM any longer. Problem solved.

Incidentally, I think DM called MB first so he could have a "dress rehearsal" to prepare for when authorities would show up. He could tell his "story," let his mom take a look at the staging, er, I mean scene, and let her point out what issues she might. Then together they could determine which things needed tweaking - in story or scene - before showtime (or rather, the call to notify authorities).

Not saying MB knew ahead of time, because he would need to see her raw reaction to the scene to determine whether his ridiculous story was going to fly. But, I think if she was immediately suspicious he'd know the cops would be too. And I believe she would help him set up a more believable scene if necessary (to include the poor pitiful WM narrative).

This is all MOO.

FromGermany likes this.
  2. Traymar

Traymar Well-Known Member

Sorry to double post, but was just reading over on the Michael Chambers thread where @ocgrad had posted a link to a very interesting essay on mistakes commonly made by investigators responding to reports of suicide. I found it rather relevant to WM's death investigation, such as it was, and thought you guys might be interested in it. You can find it here:
    The Seven Major Mistakes in Suicide Investigation

3. nuff

nuff Well-Known Member

Wow - thanks! - seems as if they made every one of these mistakes (other than the one relating to suicide notes.)

Traymar and deugirtni like this.
  4. deugirtni

deugirtni Well-Known Member

I remember reading this a long time ago, and thinking it may have been mentioned in the thread previously, but yes.. with so much info out there, it's just unthinkable that someone could get away with murder so easily, even with all those police people involved.. (other than the one detective who seemed to have done his best in every way he could).
    I noted this particular sentence in the above link. If it's pretty much unheard of for someone to shoot themselves in the eye, shouldn't that have been a starting point for suspicion for the coroner?:
    "Likewise, in suicide cases, there appear to be preferences and avoidances for certain parts of the body."

FromGermany, Errrr and Traymar like this.
  5. deugirtni

And she (MB) could also be the grieving family that DM was incapable of being, but he knew it would be expected.

6. Forest_Wood

Forest_Wood Well-Known Member

It was reported (and I can’t recall the source right now) that MB had called WM just a few weeks before his death, after not having spoken to him for some time prior. I find it peculiar that she would have a need to speak with him, and within weeks, he’s dead. I believe that MB was called to get something hidden in the house that Dellen could not access himself — such as in the safe. It may have been cash, or documents that he needed, or perhaps he wanted to know which guns were still stored in that safe to support his fantasy. DM's story in his interview about only seeing the safe opened so many times seemed quite detailed and significant, in that he was making it clear he didn’t have access to it. I think MB was called because she may have known the combination and stolen things before the police arrived. MOO

ab-initio and tmar like this.
  7. deugirtni

Would have been interesting to know if MB's prints were on the safe, or if there were NO prints (had been wiped), but alas, nothing at all was checked out! Ugh!

Forest_Wood and FromGermany like this.
  8. MorningStar22

MorningStar22 Active Member

I've been out of touch with this case since testimony wound up. When is the decision expected?

9. musicaljoke

musicaljoke Well-Known Member

Mid September.

10. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

Victimology is the collection and assessment of all significant information as it relates to the victim and his or her lifestyle. Personality, employment, education, friends, habits, hobbies, marital status, relationships, dating history, sexuality, reputation, criminal record, history of alcohol or drugs, physical condition and neighborhood of residence are all pieces of the mosaic that comprise victimology. The bottom line is “Who was the victim and what was going on in his or her life at the time of the event.” The best sources of information will be friends, family, associates and neighbors and that will be the initial focus of the investigation.
    bbm and underlinded
    Perhaps LE should prove exactly the same points re an only left hire of the victim, who is present at the scene and telling them frankly about a "very good, suitable reason", why the victim would have commited suicide?!

Traymar, tmar and deugirtni like this.
  11. Forest_Wood

So, I’ve been curious about something. DM testified that he bought the gun for WM as a birthday gift during the MWJ trial. That information was not brought out during the WM murder trial though, right? So, does that mean that when the judge considers the DNA evidence of DM on the gun, that she must conclude he handled it at the time of death? Since the only information that came out during this trial was DM’s DNA on the gun, but no explanation testified to?

banting and tmar like this.
  12. deugirtni

I know that we discussed it here about DM having bought the gun for WM as a birthday gift... but do you have a link? I don't reall DM testifying at all in any of the trials? So how would that info have become known?? (Did DM testify at MWJ's trial??)
    In the WM trial, it did come out that DM had purchased the gun illegally from MWJ, who had been convicted OF selling the gun to him, although whether or not it was for WM's birthday wasn't mentioned (AFAIK)... so that would therefore potentially explain DM's DNA on the gun?

13. FromGermany

FromGermany Well-Known Member

O/T
    Correction - June 26, 2018: This article was edited from a previous version that mistakenly referred to Wayne Millard as Wayne Pillay in one reference.

Rosie DiManno is a columnist based in Toronto covering sports and current affairs.

JDG likes this.
  14. Forest_Wood

I can’t seem to find the source of the gun being purchased as a gift. I do not know where the source of the birthday gift information came from? I do see that now it was noted during the WM trial that DM purchased the gun.

deugirtni likes this.
  15. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Opinion | Guns, murder and the 'garage confession': What the Laura Babcock jury wasn't told

JDG, matou, deugirtni and 3 others like this.
  16. SomeITGuy

SomeITGuy Active Member

Nothing new here, but worthwhile read:
    Millard Inheritance

<modsnip: the other WM is off-limits>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2018 at 7:16 PM
  17. LN33

LN33 Active Member

18. JDG

JDG Websleuther

^^^
    I think the author of the article was suggesting that he also needs a lawyer and will have expenses beyond the DNA test.

FromGermany and MistyWaters like this.
  19. JDG

JDG Websleuther

I seriously hope this does not interfere with any judgements against DM IF he is found guilty.

If there is any estate, it needs to go to the VICTIMS! IMO

Ontario Mom likes this.
  20. deugirtni

If he is found guilty, the money is not his to be awarded in a lawsuit.. (other than the portions from whatever he shared on title with his dad which was owned in a way that meant whatever-it-was would pass directly to DM). Anything held in WM's name alone, would not be eligible. This is the case whether or not WM happens to have another 'heir'.

Kamille, FromGermany, jash and 2 others like this.