GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #5

I'll never 'get' how a person like DM can claim rehabilitation, when DM says he did nothing wrong. How do you rehabilitate 'nothing'?

Agreed, goes for a lot of our criminals who aren’t eligible for early parole. The other ones often manage to find religion, as if it wasn’t really their fault, the devil made them do it so I’m not so sure if that’s sincere retribution either. (Not knocking religion whatsoever but I wonder if anyone’s ever conducted a survey of the percentage of inmates who suddenly convert to a faith for the first time in their lives, compared to the general public.)

Agreed, goes for a lot of our criminals who aren’t eligible for early parole. The other ones often manage to find religion, as if it wasn’t really their fault, the devil made them do it so I’m not so sure if that’s sincere retribution either. (Not knocking religion whatsoever but I wonder if anyone’s ever conducted a survey of the percentage of inmates who suddenly convert to a faith for the first time in their lives, compared to the general public.)
Maybe it is more of a self preservation thing, in that they embrace God who will forgive their sins, whereas humans - not so much.

I think they are trying to get someone credible on their side. A religious leader is just the ticket. Didn't Rasputin say "God loves a sinner" as he coerced people into becoming one?

Maybe it is more of a self preservation thing, in that they embrace God who will forgive their sins, whereas humans - not so much.
Sorry to quote myself.. unfinished kinda thought..
So.. self preservation thing.. do it for personal gain/reward.. then dual purpose, they also get to beat the 'I've found religion' drum, to appear like they've improved and turned a new leaf and deserve a chance, etc.
I wonder how many of these inmates who find religion, actually follow it and abide by its rules once they get out?

Who knows why some criminals embrace Religion. This reminds me of the following joke by Emo Phillips.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

Last edited:
Good riddance! I guess we won't be hearing from him again unless he wins one of his appeals. I'm sure they will keep him and our court system busy for many years. :rolleyes:

I wonder if his mom has come to terms yet with the fact that her son is indeed a killer? Gotta be so hard. Wonder how the search is going for a woman to replace CN in giving him a committed relationship and a child while he rots?

The Judge, Crown and Defence all carried out their responsibilities well. DM got a fair trial. Our justice system led to the proper outcome. Sympathies always to the families and friends of TB, LB and WM.

Thank you to all for this forum. In a way it has been helpful managing the emotions and horror from these events.

I wonder if his mom has come to terms yet with the fact that her son is indeed a killer? Gotta be so hard. Wonder how the search is going for a woman to replace CN in giving him a committed relationship and a child while he rots?

I realize this article is a few months old, but I had not previously seen it until today. Thought I’d post in case others haven’t either.

By the sounds of it, mom will never come to terms with it!

Through three murder trials, Dellen Millard’s mother was in ‘complete denial’ while supporting her ‘gentle boy’

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back