Wayne Williams Aged 7, Murdered Luton Bedfordshire January 1987

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by falcoor, Oct 15, 2020.

1. falcoor

falcoor New Member

I am researching the murder of seven-year-old schoolboy Wanye Anthony Williams who was found murdered in his bed on the 3rd of January 1987. His body was found at his home address of 43 Hookers way in the Hockwell ring area of Luton in the county of Bedfordshire. His throat had been cut.

A man was charged with the murder - David Paul Dudley who resided at the same address and was the boy's stepfather. I know very little else about the case other than that the boy's mother (Dolores Mcnamara) was away from the home at the time.

I would like to find out some more detailed information on the circumstances surrounding the case. For example; the motive for the killing and whether Dudley handed himself in and whether he plead guilty. He was sentenced to life imprisonment at St Alban's court on 4th December 1987.

So far I have scoured the web and have utilised local resources but to no avail. I would be very grateful if anyone is able to shed any light on this case, or of if anyone out there can aide me with my search for information.

Legally Bland likes this.

2. mrazda71

mrazda71 Had more TO's than hot dinners!

Hello, welcome to Websleuths ... a very quick google search brings up nothing much, they're quite generic names and 'Delores McNamara' beings up pages of info on a lottery winner (as I'm sure you'll probably know!

I'll try and get the attention of the best UK Websleuthers for you on this.

Please may I ask, how you know of the case?

@Alyce
    @Atoz
    @Tortoise
    @Legally Bland
    @Skigh
    @HongKongPhooey
    @Amonet
    @CoverMeCagney
    @astheworldfallsdown
    @Spy Versus Spy
    @Joolz1975

falcoor, Legally Bland and Luckyzmom like this.
  3. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

I can't find anything on this case at all. Not even a dodgy blog that I couldn't link to because of WS rules.

I've done a freedom of information request for the sentencing remarks, but no idea whether I'll get them or not, or how informative they would be. I've meant to do this on other cases where they haven't been published but never got round to it.

They aim to give a response in 20 working days with a disclaimer saying it may take longer due to covid.

falcoor and Tortoise like this.
  4. falcoor

falcoor New Member

Thank you for your attention. I found this article in the Luton news archives. apparently the father was also murdered by family members a couple of years prior. link to that story here I have applied for information via criminal justice archives but denied due to data protection laws

Attached Files:

5. mrazda71

mrazda71 Had more TO's than hot dinners!

You could try finding the reporter who wrote the article or posting in some Luton community groups on Facebook.

Legally Bland, Tortoise and falcoor like this.
  6. falcoor

falcoor New Member

Thanks, Will do.

Legally Bland likes this.