We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

I’ve been casually browsing this thread and did a bit of sleuthing on eBay and poshmark looking at shoe soles. Coming from a western/US perspective, one thing I’ve noticed is with a name brand, if the name of the brand is on the sole, it seems to always be in the logo font of the brand. This isn’t to say a brands logo couldn’t look like what we see in the shoe print, but if it was an actual brand, I think we would have found it already. So assuming this print was found in the US / western country, I think the shoe is likely a cheap “Rainbow Store” type shoe. JMO.

New rule: every listing for every shoe should include multiple angles including an outsole shot.
Yes!! I can not believe so many places don't include outsole pics! Gah! What are they thinking? This definitely needs to be a new rule!
I think we should all remember not to get stuck on the team "juvenile." This most probably refers to the age of the perp, not that this is from a juvenile sized shoe.
Young boys (and some gals) can wear really large adult shoe sizes.
I would love some clarification on this. Is it a juvenile person's shoe, or a juvenile shoe?

Imo, the outsole image is somewhat cartoonish, more like an actual kid / teen shoe.

I once thought the logo was similar to the Lakai brand. But can’t find a sole to match.

Narrowing it to recent helps somewhat as I was wondering if a sole could have been relaxed at a cobbler. Now I am leaning to cherries in the logo personally.

According to CCIRI, it is a Quicksilver shoe but they are unable to find the corresponding shoe. Still didn't get an answer about which state this crime took place. I'm wondering it its some sort of special edition shoe.

According to CCIRI, it is a Quicksilver shoe but they are unable to find the corresponding shoe. Still didn't get an answer about which state this crime took place. I'm wondering it its some sort of special edition shoe.
Why in the world didn't they tell us the brand in first place? Quicksilver has a women's line with a similar but different logo, don't they? Maybe try that?

ETA: I totally see it now. There's a break in the line by the trefoil at the top of the mountain. Duh!

Last edited:
I don’t get it… isn’t that just a case of asking the company and done? Or does that mean it is a knockoff?

I've been following this thread for a couple of days and you guys are awesome! So many excellent ideas have been put forward as well as clever manipulations of the image, which I have no idea how to do.

I thought the logo looked kind of like the Quiksilver logo, but not exactly.

By the way, the Quiksilver logo is supposed to be a wave overtaking a mountain. The logo was designed by surfer Alan Green, the founder of Quiksilver. His drawing was inspired by the engraving by Japanese artist Katsushika Hokusai, “The Great Wave off Kanagawa.”

1669509071362.png

Like Gemmie, I thought the shape in the sole we're trying to identify looked more like a shamrock than the Quiksilver logo shape, which I guess is snow on a mountain. The sole we're trying to identify also looks more geometric than the curvier Quiksilver logo. Below is the Quiksilver logo that has been used from 1969 to today next to the shoe imprint we're trying to identify:

1669506314505.png1669506953580.png

Starting in 2010, some Quiksilver products had this new logo:
1669506794405.png

The logo below has been used since 2010 too:
1669506848189.png

I found the history of these logos at this link:

Unfortunately, there is no information about which Quiksilver products use which logo.

When Megs1477 posted the post below, I started looking at a lot of Quiksilver soles on flip flops, aided by RaspberryMama's and Megnut's hunches that these were flip flops. Quiksilver does have many products with the Quiksilver logo going in all different directions on the soles of their shoes. By the way, it's amazing how many variations on the logo and the Quiksilver name they have on the soles of their shoes.

1669506559605.png
Here is the sole of a pair of Quiksilver flip flops for boys:

1669507585825.png

You can see how the logo is all over the place, but it doesn't look exactly the same everywhere; the logos don't look like mirror images of each other. That lent credence to the idea that the sole we're trying to identify is like the soles above in which the logo and the Quiksilver name are similar, but not identical all over the sole.

So I finally found a sole that might possibly have that CA LADG kind of printing in it, but what do you think? This is the sole of a pair of Quiksilver Boys Molokai Black/Orange Flip Flops I found on Poshmark:

1669507910990.png

If you look in the middle of the tread of what would be the sole of the right shoe (the shoe on the left), can you see some lettering? Here is an enlargement of what I saw:

1669508014422.png

See how we have reverse vertical images of the logo that don't look like exact mirror images and to the right is what looks like a C with other letters following it? Can one of you that knows how to play with an image see if you can tell what the letters are? You can find the actual images at this link in case it's easier to play with the images from the original source: Quiksilver Boys Molokai Black/Orange Flip Flops

If you guys think this shoe has some lettering like the sole we're trying to identify, the next question is, is this lettering in this shoe identical to what is in the unidentified sole? If not, maybe there is another style of Quiksilver flip flop with lettering identical to the supposed CA LADG in the unidentified sole.

I'm still looking at other soles to see if I can find others that appear to have lettering that begins with C. I've grown 10 years older since studying these soles.

In this message, I'd interpret "Quiksilver for sure," as informally meaning, "for sure, I agree that it does look like Quiksilver;" not, "yes, we're 100% sure it is definitely Quiksilver." Just my opinion.
I wondered about that too but they clearly have researched the brand and havent found a match. So, I took it as that's what they believe it to be. I'll ask for more information. Getting straight answers though isnt exactly easy.

I think we have to rule out actual flip flops because of the thong plug.

Back to slides. But I feel we're looking more for foam outsoles over rubber.

Skaters. Like Vans. Sime converse have notably flat soles....

Are we thinking native to California, L.A.? Or Canada? Or foreign? Prestigious Asian brand?

1669512930603.png

PNW Tech, I interpreted the text to mean they are definitely Quiksilver shoes. She just doesn't know which model of Quiksilver.

Megnut, do we rule out flip flops when we can only see a small portion of the sole? What if what we're seeing on the unidentified sole is a part of the sole that doesn't include any thong plugs?

I may have disproven my own hunch that the soles of the Quiksilver Boys Molokai Black/Orange Flip Flops have a C followed by other letters. I found an image of the sole of a Quiksilver X Pacifico Molokai Flip-Flop on Quiksilver's website. It is the image to the left. To the right is the blow-up of the sole of the Quiksilver Boys Molokai Black/Orange Flip Flops I found on Poshmark. I'm thinking what looked like a C followed by other letters is actually part of the word Quiksilver, even though I can't read the word Quiksilver on the sole to the right. Thoughts?

1669512297103.png1669512359249.png

IMG_20221126_191435.jpg
I had to run after learning that quiksilver was "the brand," so I didn't see the text source until now. My interpretation of the response is "oh, yeah, it for sure resembles quiksilver..." not that it's100% for sure quiksilver.

That said, though, I did take another look at the print and zoomed in to pixel level. I think there may be a tiny space that would make the mountain top below the wave as a true quiksilver logo should be. See my pic below. Does anyone else agree? But if it is, the spot of snow from the logo is missing and the trefoil area is a big I-have-no-idea-what.

Would love opinions.IMG_20221126_193210.jpg

Megnut, do we rule out flip flops when we can only see a small portion of the sole? What if what we're seeing on the unidentified sole is a part of the sole that doesn't include any thong plugs?

I may have disproven my own hunch that the soles of the Quiksilver Boys Molokai Black/Orange Flip Flops have a C followed by other letters. I found an image of the sole of a Quiksilver X Pacifico Molokai Flip-Flop on Quiksilver's website. It is the image to the left. To the right is the blow-up of the sole of the Quiksilver Boys Molokai Black/Orange Flip Flops I found on Poshmark. I'm thinking what looked like a C followed by other letters is actually part of the word Quiksilver, even though I can't read the word Quiksilver on the sole to the right. Thoughts?

View attachment 382868View attachment 382869
I think you are right - what you thought (hoped!) was a C really resembles the Q in the other one you found.

Btw, how weird the the left and right shoes in your original post of them don't have identical soles. All other quiksilver shoes I've seen have matching soles at least.

I think we have to rule out actual flip flops because of the thong plug.

Back to slides. But I feel we're looking more for foam outsoles over rubber.

Skaters. Like Vans. Sime converse have notably flat soles....

Are we thinking native to California, L.A.? Or Canada? Or foreign? Prestigious Asian brand?
Good point about the plug. I think our print is showing the toe area and if it is a flip flop we should see the plug(s). Good catch!

View attachment 382866
I had to run after learning that quiksilver was "the brand," so I didn't see the text source until now. My interpretation of the response is "oh, yeah, it for sure resembles quiksilver..." not that it's100% for sure quiksilver.

That said, though, I did take another look at the print and zoomed in to pixel level. I think there may be a tiny space that would make the mountain top below the wave as a true quiksilver logo should be. See my pic below. Does anyone else agree? But if it is, the spot of snow from the logo is missing and the trefoil area is a big I-have-no-idea-what.

Would love opinions.View attachment 382870
1669513272983.png1669513323901.png

I totally see what you're saying. If the wave is as big as it is on the Quiksilver logo, where is the snow on the mountain and what is that symbol behind it? So you guys think this is not a Quiksilver brand?

I have looked at a lot of Los Angeles team shoes to get the LA and I am not finding anything

View attachment 382872View attachment 382873

I totally see what you're saying. If the wave is as big as it is on the Quiksilver logo, where is the snow on the mountain and what is that symbol behind it? So you guys think this is not a Quiksilver brand?
Not necessarily saying it's NOT quiksilver. In fact, if we outline the mountain like I did in that edit, it looks more like Quiksilver than I thought it did before. But yeah, then what's that other part? Roxy is the women's line of Quiksilver and they've doubled the logo and rotated them to make a heart shape with the waves. For the life of me I can't get that to fit, although I thought the dark part of that "extra" area might form a heart.

Logo-Roxy.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back