Weather Channel's Rich Fretterd, from The Prospectors, arrested 14 December 2017

Now, since I started this thread, I want to say that I am hurt, shocked, sad, and truly disappointed in a man that I called my friend. I am sure there will be SO MANY that will say the same thing. I have known Rich for over twenty years, probably close to 25 years. (The last time I saw him was before the Prospectors show.) I am horrified for the children, and I feel for them. I hope they can mentally get through this with the help of counseling.

I feel blindsided. I feel kind of like what Gayle King feels about Charlie Rose. This is so unexpected.

I remember when he got the Godsend Claim. The huge smoky quartz as well. Such a long time ago.

I am in total shock and I am trying to process this.

Please forgive me, this is difficult. Rich was such a good man. I don't know what happened. This makes me so so very sad. I feel for his victims!!... I just don't know what to say. I am heartbroken.

IMOO.

Now, since I started this thread, I want to say that I am hurt, shocked, sad, and truly disappointed in a man that I called my friend. I am sure there will be SO MANY that will say the same thing. I have known Rich for over twenty years, probably close to 25 years. (The last time I saw him was before the Prospectors show.) I am horrified for the children, and I feel for them. I hope they can mentally get through this with the help of counseling.

I feel blindsided. I feel kind of like what Gayle King feels about Charlie Rose. This is so unexpected.

I remember when he got the Godsend Claim. The huge smoky quartz as well. Such a long time ago.

I am in total shock and I am trying to process this.

Please forgive me, this is difficult. Rich was such a good man. I don't know what happened. This makes me so so very sad. I feel for his victims!!... I just don't know what to say. I am heartbroken.

IMOO.

Is he a friend of yours, or are you calling him a friend because you've been watching him for so many years that he seems like a friend?

Either way, I understand the shock and disappointment.

Sorry to hear about yet another case.

jmo

Is he a friend of yours, or are you calling him a friend because you've been watching him for so many years that he seems like a friend?

Either way, I understand the shock and disappointment.

Sorry to hear about yet another case.

jmo

Yes, I know Rich personally. He was a surveyor in Cripple Creek. He got the Godsend Claim in 2001 and after the Hayman fire, he told me he found that huge smoky quartz. He gave my husband and me a beautiful huge fluorite cube from his claim as a wedding present back in 2003. The last time I saw Rich was in 2009.

It never ceases to amaze me how in this country (1) you are guilty if the police arrest you and (2) you are guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. If he did what was ALLEGED then he deserves judgment. If not, he deserves respect. Only 2 of 7 news reporting agencies are stating it is "alleged". The other 5's language is as if he did it, as if he confessed to it. You claim you were a friend but act as though you believe the allegations. What if the girls lied? Why did they wait so long to report it? Where are their parents? Do they have any reason for wanting to harm Rich? Only God, Rich and those girls know the truth. Even a jury of 12 gets it wrong sometimes. I'm interested to see how many more of Rich's friends summarily throw him under the bus. Using Godly discernment alone, I do not believe he did these things; I may be wrong. But at least I am not acting like judge and jury.

It never ceases to amaze me how in this country (1) you are guilty if the police arrest you and (2) you are guilty until you can prove yourself innocent. If he did what was ALLEGED then he deserves judgment. If not, he deserves respect. Only 2 of 7 news reporting agencies are stating it is "alleged". The other 5's language is as if he did it, as if he confessed to it. You claim you were a friend but act as though you believe the allegations. What if the girls lied? Why did they wait so long to report it? Where are their parents? Do they have any reason for wanting to harm Rich? Only God, Rich and those girls know the truth. Even a jury of 12 gets it wrong sometimes. I'm interested to see how many more of Rich's friends summarily throw him under the bus. Using Godly discernment alone, I do not believe he did these things; I may be wrong. But at least I am not acting like judge and jury.

Why did they wait so long? The last alleged offence was last year. Little girls do not lie about this.

Yes,I "claim" I am his friend,as you put it, because I am his friend. Also, the girls gave similar details, including a mole on his hip. I haven't seen the mole on his hip, but apparently, through the news stories, he has a mole on his hip.
I do NOT want to believe this, that Rich could do this. On the other hand, how would they know about the mole? I am NOT throwing Rich under the bus. I am NOT here to judge Rich, and on the SAME TOKEN, I FEEL FOR THE VICTIMS PERIOD. Yes, he deserves a FAIR TRIAL. It is shocking to me because I have known him since I think 1992. He has ALWAYS been kind to me.

IMOO.

And not to give away who I am, Rich and I have many of the same friends because of the nature of his job and the nature of MY JOB when I was working.

I am SADDENED by all of this.

IMOO.

Jennifer 17, yes, little girls do lie about this. There are many, many public examples made known nationally where years later the truth was final admitted by them. Your response is true to you, so I won't argue it any further.

Treelights it doesn't take a genius to see you did already judge him! You said "now, since I started this thread, I want to say that I am hurt, shocked, sad, and truly disappointed in a man that I called my friend." If you didn't judge him how could you be hurt, shocked, sad and true disappointed? Ridiculous. How would they know about the mole, God knows. The truth is yet to be determined. What if he had a" personal" picture of himself on a phone and the girls swiped it and saw it or only one girl saw and shared the information? What if he had a "personal" adult video of him and his lover and despite being well hidden the girl(s) found it and watched? I have seen so many people pre-judged and although fully vindicated by authorities, their lives were destroyed forever due to irresponsible "news" and people's love of drama and tendency to judge. We arrest innocent people often. What if all the sex allegations come from these girls getting in trouble with their parents or authorities, with alcohol or Marijuana?

Now, to be clear, if someone did in fact do what is alleged to my child, being in jail would be the perpetrator's safest place to be.

Jennifer 17, yes, little girls do lie about this. There are many, many public examples made known nationally where years later the truth was final admitted by them. Your response doesn't is true to you, so I won't argue it any further.

Treelights it doesn't take a genius to see you did already judge him! You said "now, since I started this thread, I want to say that I am hurt, shocked, sad, and truly disappointed in a man that I called my friend." If you didn't judge him how could you be hurt, shocked, sad and true disappointed? Ridiculous. How would they know about the mole, God knows. The truth is yet to be determined. What if he had a" personal" picture of himself on a phone and the girls swiped it and saw it or only one girl saw and shared the information? What if he had a "personal" adult video of him and his lover and despite being well hidden the girl(s) found it and watched? I have seen so many people pre-judged and although fully vindicated by authorities, their lives were destroyed forever due to irresponsible "news" and people's love of drama and tendency to judge. I've been in law enforcement for over 20 people. We arrest innocent people often.

Actually, the percentage of false accusations is very very low. Here are some stats about that. If you have any statistics or research that refute these, I'd be interested to see them. http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/1/res/csa-acc.html

Janet Elaine, I won't bother with it. I was just informed of whose children these girls were. One parent is very, very trustworthy, an honorable man, a very good friend of Rich and I won't be commenting on any of this any further out of respect for him and his family.

This would not be his first rodeo with this kind of thing. Unless he has dementia, this behaviour does not start late in life.

Jennifer 17, yes, little girls do lie about this. There are many, many public examples made known nationally where years later the truth was final admitted by them. Your response is true to you, so I won't argue it any further.

Treelights it doesn't take a genius to see you did already judge him! You said "now, since I started this thread, I want to say that I am hurt, shocked, sad, and truly disappointed in a man that I called my friend." If you didn't judge him how could you be hurt, shocked, sad and true disappointed? Ridiculous. How would they know about the mole, God knows. The truth is yet to be determined. What if he had a" personal" picture of himself on a phone and the girls swiped it and saw it or only one girl saw and shared the information? What if he had a "personal" adult video of him and his lover and despite being well hidden the girl(s) found it and watched? I have seen so many people pre-judged and although fully vindicated by authorities, their lives were destroyed forever due to irresponsible "news" and people's love of drama and tendency to judge. We arrest innocent people often. What if all the sex allegations come from these girls getting in trouble with their parents or authorities, with alcohol or Marijuana?

Now, to be clear, if someone did in fact do what is alleged to my child, being in jail would be the perpetrator's safest place to be.

These are my opinions and I have the right to feel the way I do without YOUR comment that I am judging Rich.

You don't know me and you don't know anything about my friendship with Rich.

IMOO.

Janet Elaine, I won't bother with it. I was just informed of whose children these girls were. One parent is very, very trustworthy, an honorable man, a very good friend of Rich and I won't be commenting on any of this any further out of respect for him and his family.

But yet you criticize my post. Where is your respect for a fellow Websleuther huh?

I am GLAD you are being respectful to the parent and family.

IMOO.

I really liked "prospectors. That was a good show, I was very disappointed they stopped filming it. This guy seemed very likable character and not every person featured was likable.

You made a very general blanket statement, so I'm honestly not seeing how backing up your claim that "there are many, many public examples made known nationally where years later the truth was final admitted by them" with facts would be disrespectful to anyone. If it is truth, it is truth and must be spoken, no? But, I do respect your choice so I will leave it at that, too.

It does however bother me that you only now choose to believe the claims against Fretterd, because the parent is a very trustworthy and honorable man. I makes my heart weep for abused children whose parents are not well-known and honorable.

Your response is on several levels exactly why victims have a hard time coming forward and in many cases don't come forward at all. Their reputations or that of their families are not good enough, they will be picked apart to find an ulterior motive, and, why should we believe the victim over the accused? They told too quick, they waited too long, he said she said, and it also takes two to tango.

I don't mean to attack you, but I do mean to give food for thought. I have never seen The Prospects and have no clue who Rich Fetterd is so I have absolutely no horse in this particular race. I am also first hand well acquainted with the shock one experiences when such things come to light. It's normal to jump to the defense so I surely don't blame you for that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back