Websleuths mentioned in the news!

Discussion in 'News that makes you smile!' started by Cheewawa007, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Cheewawa007

Cheewawa007 Registered Changiholic

2. Loading...

3. matou

matou #los2188

Madeleine ​McCann to Jeffery ​Boucher: Web sleuths quest for the missing

As a member of Websleuths.com, a forum that boasts up to 5,000 daily users, she posts her clues and theories about missing people and unsolved murders from across the world.

She got hooked the way many do — searching online for information about a missing person and, by chance, clicking into the world of stay-at-home sleuths who compile everything they can about mysterious crimes. Since joining in 2009, Mowat has spent at least an hour or two a day on her hobby, having made more than 6,000 posts to the website.

"This feels like a job. Obviously it doesn’t pay or anything like that," says Mowat, who freelances occasionally but no longer works full time. "I've worked in all kinds of jobs, and web sleuthing gives me an opportunity to use some of the skills from things I’ve done, and be useful."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/madele...r-web-sleuths-quest-for-the-missing-1.2516726

4. LookingHoping

LookingHoping New Member

And…. Ivy made it home, safely… she is one of the lucky ones (seems she knows that though) :) Awesome story all around!

5. neverletgo

neverletgo Active Member

Will the Internet Find Maura Murray?
    Ten years ago, a 21-year-old UMass student vanished without a trace. For an army of amateur sleuths across the Internet, that was just the beginning.
    By Bill Jensen | Boston Magazine | February 2014

Snipped and BBM:

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/article/2014/01/28/maura-murray/

6. rachaellouise

rachaellouise New Member

I feel like we should be handing out autographs, we've finally made it!

7. Wondergirl

Wondergirl New Member

Wow, I am impressed by the depth of this CBC article, and I can't believe I didn't see it while reading my daily fix on it, lol. :drumroll: