Websleuths Presents "Into the Case" Season 1

I've listened to both episodes and can't wait for the next. Excellent guests with different perspectives. I close my eyes and listen, and it's as though I'm being shown what might have happened to the Dermonds through several different windows. It's like playing a game of "Clue" while realizing the crime is beyond horrific and the nightmare really happened.

Having lived 80+ years, I am sure the Dermonds had many family, friends and enemies over the years.

I had some thoughts at the end of the 2nd episode, but I didn't realize there was a thread for the podcasts. So glad to find one. I listen on my laptop. Grateful for the links. Thanks so much for all your hard work on one of the most perplexing cases I've ever heard of.

Why the Dermonds?
What has changed as a result of their deaths?

I've listened to both episodes and can't wait for the next. Excellent guests with different perspectives. I close my eyes and listen, and it's as though I'm being shown what might have happened to the Dermonds through several different windows. It's like playing a game of "Clue" while realizing the crime is beyond horrific and the nightmare really happened.

Having lived 80+ years, I am sure the Dermonds had many family, friends and enemies over the years.

I had some thoughts at the end of the 2nd episode, but I didn't realize there was a thread for the podcasts. So glad to find one. I listen on my laptop. Grateful for the links. Thanks so much for all your hard work on one of the most perplexing cases I've ever heard of.

Why the Dermonds?
I’m sure this theory out there but I was thinking the reason her hair in his hand was planted by murderers and her body hidden so it seemed like she did it. I haven’t finished 2nd episode yet.
This is obviously rage/revenge killings but by people that didn’t need money. Nothing taken.

I’m sure this theory out there but I was thinking the reason her hair in his hand was planted by murderers and her body hidden so it seemed like she did it. I haven’t finished 2nd episode yet.
This is obviously rage/revenge killings but by people that didn’t need money. Nothing taken.

I remember wondering if SD might have done this when she came up missing. I could have believed she might have committed the murder, but I could never bring myself to believe she had beheaded him. I did entertain the thought that she might have been kidnapped for ransom. I wonder if she had any tape around her mouth, hands, etc.? I would think it would have been much easier to march her down to the boat rather than carry her. Were there drag marks near the boat dock?

I remember wondering if SD might have done this when she came up missing. I could have believed she might have committed the murder, but I could never bring myself to believe she had beheaded him. I did entertain the thought that she might have been kidnapped for ransom. I wonder if she had any tape around her mouth, hands, etc.? I would think it would have been much easier to march her down to the boat rather than carry her. Were there drag marks near the boat dock?
I thought theory was they were killed elsewhere and her body dumped in lake miles away from house and his body taken to house. I hope they get this solved.

I thought theory was they were killed elsewhere and her body dumped in lake miles away from house and his body taken to house. I hope they get this solved.
I believe that is one theory. With that theory, if they came by boat, they would have taken them out on the lake only to murder, bind and toss SD in lake and shoot RD (I believe there was GSR on his shirt) behead him, toss his head in lake, take his body back home and carry it into the garage and stage that scene. I just wonder if they had tape over their mouth/eyes when discovered.

Is this the theory you believe?

I believe that is one theory. With that theory, if they came by boat, they would have taken them out on the lake only to murder, bind and toss SD in lake and shoot RD (I believe there was GSR on his shirt) behead him, toss his head in lake, take his body back home and carry it into the garage and stage that scene. I just wonder if they had tape over their mouth/eyes when discovered.

Is this the theory you believe?
Of tape then maybe fingerprints but police holding that back. I just finished 2nd episode and I had Also been thinking mistaken identity. Who knows?! Crazy.

Why the Dermonds?
I have wondered who profited from their deaths, not necessarily monetary.

I still wonder about the person who wasn't being truthful with SS . I'm also still wondering about the person seen on the lawn that Saturday

I listened to the 3rd episode today. It was super informative and thought provoking...
When they mentioned bank activity by Mr Dermond that day. I started wondering about bank employees and people at bank. Pretty obvious line of inquiry but I guess I don’t remember hearing about him going to bank to make an insurance payment. The sheriff is wonderful in the way he asks for public help.

When they mentioned bank activity by Mr Dermond that day. I started wondering about bank employees and people at bank. Pretty obvious line of inquiry but I guess I don’t remember hearing about him going to bank to make an insurance payment. The sheriff is wonderful in the way he asks for public help.

Omg, I forgot the bank transaction! I also wonder about that. I’d never heard that info before. He transferred money to pay for an insurance policy payment, iirc. I wonder if someone in the bank overheard the transaction and decided to follow him. If that was the case, though, why wouldn’t they have robbed the Dermonds? It’s all so elusive. I feel like the answers may be more simple than most realize. Sometimes, the simple answers are the ones most overlooked. I have no idea, but this episode gave me a lot to think about. JMO.

The podcast is great! I just listened to all 3 episodes twice!

Did I hear there were no stomach contents? No food ? No meds?

If the D's took meds they'd be able to narrow the timeline as to when this started.

And I don't remember anything about Mr. D going to the bank to transfer $$$. They'd certainly have cameras.

JMO

This thread popped up last night when I was checking out latest posts so I decided to take a listen to see what was going on over here. :) I had low expectations because my experience with these things were generally negative with the various hosts yammering on about cases that I felt I knew better than them by reading Websleuths! Anyhow I must say I’m impressed! No yammering, excellent information, clear professional speaking voice and most importantly it got me really interested in what happened to Russell and Shirley. Oh, and great variety of guests. Will listen to Episode 2 today. Sounds like it’s even better than the first.
Congratulations putting together so successfully. A+

Edit to add, I wish more Websluethers would get over here!

This thread popped up last night when I was checking out latest posts so I decided to take a listen to see what was going on over here. :) I had low expectations because my experience with these things were generally negative with the various hosts yammering on about cases that I felt I knew better than them by reading Websleuths! Anyhow I must say I’m impressed! No yammering, excellent information, clear professional speaking voice and most importantly it got me really interested in what happened to Russell and Shirley. Oh, and great variety of guests. Will listen to Episode 2 today. Sounds like it’s even better than the first.

The Dermond thread is still going.

JMO

Thank you LeeAnnB! This means a lot.

OMGOSH I loved it y'all! Now I am going to be hanging each week. You both did so good and I listen to Podcasts every day at work; I liked the fact that you interviewed so many different people. How cool, I cannot wait! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back