WEBSLEUTHS WILL BE OFF LINE FOR A SOFTWARE UPDATE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was annoying when we had those clips of new videos that played at the top of each screen ...but that was nothing compared to these huge adverts!!
I'd rather have the news videos back. They were much smaller and much more relevant. (Although probably not as income-generating.)

I only get the irritating ads on my phone. My computer has a awesome . But I think the ads help Tricia so I grin and bear it.

View attachment 348006

This is the message I get when trying to view pages 40-47 of my watched threads.
Still having this problem. I’ve 50 pages of watched threads. Over half of them say no threads to display when I click on them. It seems to be the pages from 20 onwards.

Some pages I can access only have one or two threads per page.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Once I start entering text in the reply box, I only have a line or two visible to see what I am typing, because it is obscured by an ad, which keeps changing. (See my screen cap). It is making it more challenging to write a post, to the point if I am not really eager to join in the discussion, I would just leave it.

I wonder who else would want to fight this typing battle if not already a WS regular? Any stats for new members posting after the update?

The other thing is, with all the animated ads the page is draining my phone battery fast. I can't spend too much time on WS now.

I hope this new strategy will be reviewed soon. There ought to be a balance between revenue, and usability of the site.

Thanks. VM.

iMarkup_20220702_190511.jpg

I posted previously that when I have to x out an ad, the thread jumps forward a page or two. While this still happens, I also have found that many (most? all?) threads I go to skip many posts or pages, as though the software that used to track where I last read a thread now maybe tracks when I last read any thread, and pulls me to that point in time on all threads?

I posted previously that when I have to x out an ad, the thread jumps forward a page or two. While this still happens, I also have found that many (most? all?) threads I go to skip many posts or pages, as though the software that used to track where I last read a thread now maybe tracks when I last read any thread, and pulls me to that point in time on all threads?
I noticed that this morning.
When I clicked on an article in a post, read it, and exed-out of article, the page I was originally on jumped backwards 2 pages.
It is nearly impossible to catch up here on a case while at work break on my phone. There is so much sensory overload on a phone screen.

Once I start entering text in the reply box, I only have a line or two visible to see what I am typing, because it is obscured by an ad, which keeps changing. (See my screen cap). It is making it more challenging to write a post, to the point if I am not really eager to join in the discussion, I would just leave it.

I wonder who else would want to fight this typing battle if not already a WS regular? Any stats for new members posting after the update?

The other thing is, with all the animated ads the page is draining my phone battery fast. I can't spend too much time on WS now.

I hope this new strategy will be reviewed soon. There ought to be a balance between revenue, and usability of the site.

Thanks. VM.

View attachment 352283
Same happened to me. I had to press enter about 10 times to.make the text box bigger, so I coukd see what I type. Inrarely post anymore, but wanted to participate because webleuths is partnering in a citizen sleuth podcast and I wanted to support it. But man, it was very hard to type a detailed, well thought out response when I couldn't even see what I wrote.. and there was no x or close..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member