Wecht vs. Lee

that both frontal lobes were bruised, but the one on the right was more bruised than the one on the left - geesh, Dave, of course the skull fracture was the worst:)

Here's a theory I had so many years ago on another board - if you can remember those days, it's was really a long time ago, wasn't it? I too thought that her mother had grabbed her by her shirt and shook her and her head hit something - that deep v shaped bruise on her neck appears to be knuckles pressed into flesh, that would explain the several furrows around her neck, and the petechial hemmorages would be caused by the shaking, not the very mild "strangulation". I think the shaking/strangling/head wound happened simultaneously with the head wound. The lowest furrow on her neck is in direct line with the v shaped bruise.

Bev said:
that both frontal lobes were bruised, but the one on the right was more bruised than the one on the left - geesh, Dave, of course the skull fracture was the worst:)

Here's a theory I had so many years ago on another board - if you can remember those days, it's was really a long time ago, wasn't it? I too thought that her mother had grabbed her by her shirt and shook her and her head hit something - that deep v shaped bruise on her neck appears to be knuckles pressed into flesh, that would explain the several furrows around her neck, and the petechial hemmorages would be caused by the shaking, not the very mild "strangulation". I think the shaking/strangling/head wound happened simultaneously with the head wound. The lowest furrow on her neck is in direct line with the v shaped bruise.

I think Werner Spitz agrees with that.

Solace said:
SuperDave: I always believed ST's theory that the blow came first but I read Wecht's book also and he says there is not enough blood for that kind of a blow to have happened first; that it had to happen when she was near death and the blood flow slowed considerably. Can anyone help with this. This is one of the first times I have seen it brought up and I am very interested in what everyone has to say.

And then you have ST saying there was massive hemmorhaging. So help me, please?
It will help if you just stop believing what ST says Solace. He is not a reliable source of facts. The 'massive hemmorhaging' is but one example.

SuperDave said:
It's a tough call, Solace! But there's a professor of neurology in my area. he said she'd have to be hit first for the brain to swell. I asked him. So that seems to lend creedence to our belief: it happened first.

Ask away!
But SuperDave, the autopsy report says of the brain "No inflammation identified".

rashomon said:
I don't see why wiping a flashlight plus batteries automatically points to premediation and planning. Let's assume Patsy used that flashlight and later wiped it off in a panic, even the batteries, because she wanted to create the impression that the intruder had brought the flashlight with him.
You maintain that the use of the flashlight was premeditated and planned. WHO do you think premeditated and planned to use the flashlight?
Look guys, all this talk about wiped down flashlight and batteries. There was no wiping down at all. Get over it. The perpetrator who used the torch wore gloves and the person, probably John, who put the batteries in the flashlight did not leave large enough areas of any print from any of his fingers on the batteries for forensics to pick up enough to be able to match any of what was there to anything.

sissi said:
Would someone tell me why Fleet isn't "good" for it?
Why aren't McReynolds, Wolf, Oliva, Helgoth, on a current suspect list?
Why do the Ramseys continue to be suspects?

On this forum, most believe a Ramsey did it, why them ,and not these others?Has Oliva's handwriting been eliminated, McReynold's, Wolf's,etc.? Why would someone suspect a parent over a sex offender who crossed paths with Jonbenet?
And you forgot the boarder, sissi. Anyway it's all too late to get evidence against these people now, but there would have been plenty there in the first 24 hours, even in the first week, if Eller and his faithful band had just looked beyond the Ramseys.

Police did look beyond the Ramseys. They chased down hundreds of leads, interviewed as many people as they could. It just so happens that the evidence kept leading them right back to the Ramseys.

Yeah, somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 people, I think.

"On what do you base this statement SuperDave?"

Glad you asked, aussiesheila! I quote from the autopsy report:

"narrowing of the sulci and flattening of the gyri."

I had to check a medical text, but I found out that sulci are the folds in the human brain. They make up all the convolutions you see in the diagrams. The gyri is the brain matter itself. This girl's brain had swollen so that the folds were pressed right together and the brain itself had started to press against the skull. That's what it meant.

SuperDave said:
"On what do you base this statement SuperDave?"

Glad you asked, aussiesheila! I quote from the autopsy report:

"narrowing of the sulci and flattening of the gyri."

I had to check a medical text, but I found out that sulci are the folds in the human brain. They make up all the convolutions you see in the diagrams. The gyri is the brain matter itself. This girl's brain had swollen so that the folds were pressed right together and the brain itself had started to press against the skull. That's what it meant.
I dont think I agree with your interpretation at all SuperDave.

"The 1450 gm brain has a normal overall architecture. Mild narrowing of the sulci and flattening of the gyri are seen."

I interpret this to mean that the elevated ridges (gyri) had flattened out slightly into the shallow grooves (sulci) between. I don't know why. Seems like the brain was a bit dehydrated.

But this surely means no swelling: "No inflammation is identified."

Nuisanceposter said:
Police did look beyond the Ramseys. They chased down hundreds of leads, interviewed as many people as they could. It just so happens that the evidence kept leading them right back to the Ramseys.
Well, the police had to interview others for appearances sake, then they went back to the Ramseys because they had already decided they were guilty, not because any new evidence led them back.

aussiesheila said:
Well, the police had to interview others for appearances sake, then they went back to the Ramseys because they had already decided they were guilty, not because any new evidence led them back.

Appearances sake?! OMG. That is a very slanderous statement there as it could not be any more erronious. Or do you have any valid proof that the rest of the world is not aware of? :banghead:

RR

We know of at least one suspect who chronicled his experience as a suspect with the BPD , he said they treated him so lightly ,even suggesting his writings were so interesting they "enjoyed" the readings. I had read this guys writings and they were ultraviolent, even by his own admission. He was astonished and pleasantly surprised that they had not requested his hard drive , considering his internet activities were what drew their attention. It was ONE year after he was put on a list to be looked into, that they "bothered". Peppered throughout depositions are statements that suggest many were given these "cursory" looks, and written off.

sissi said:
We know of at least one suspect who chronicled his experience as a suspect with the BPD , he said they treated him so lightly ,even suggesting his writings were so interesting they "enjoyed" the readings. I had read this guys writings and they were ultraviolent, even by his own admission. He was astonished and pleasantly surprised that they had not requested his hard drive , considering his internet activities were what drew their attention. It was ONE year after he was put on a list to be looked into, that they "bothered". Peppered throughout depositions are statements that suggest many were given these "cursory" looks, and written off.

Who would that be, again?

"I interpret this to mean that the elevated ridges (gyri) had flattened out slightly into the shallow grooves (sulci) between. I don't know why. Seems like the brain was a bit dehydrated."

Well, here's something from Henry Lee:

"Since the head wound was fully developed, this meant that the victim had survived for a period of time."

Nuisanceposter said:

The story according to Steve. Now, if you would, read his deposition, the full one, that includes his comment at the end ,that there were many factual errors he would be willing to go over.

sissi said:
The story according to Steve. Now, if you would, read his deposition, the full one, that includes his comment at the end ,that there were many factual errors he would be willing to go over.

Exactly: willing to go over in detail, not just blanket statements.

I have to agree with NP.

SuperDave said:
Exactly: willing to go over in detail, not just blanket statements.

I have to agree with NP.

Have you guys read the depositions? Read them thoroughly?
After Steve's read Beckners...
http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/11262001Depo-MarkBeckner.htm

I don't often get annoyed, but for me to have to back every statement I make by searching and documenting my source, while others make statements they never source ,seems a bit unfair.

This reading is available to all, I don't have a corner on it, the pictures are available, as well.

sissi said:
Have you guys read the depositions? Read them thoroughly?
After Steve's read Beckners...
http://www.jonbenetindexguide.com/11262001Depo-MarkBeckner.htm

I don't often get annoyed, but for me to have to back every statement I make by searching and documenting my source, while others make statements they never source ,seems a bit unfair.

This reading is available to all, I don't have a corner on it, the pictures are available, as well.

What's the point? No one pays attention when I do anyway!

Sissi - almost everyone has read every word out there over and over, just in case you didn't know. If someone questions your post, it is usually because your post target Fleet White, a man far any umbrella.

RR

River Rat, he's been under that umbrella since the beginning and remains there. That IS a fact!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back