weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent point, no rest. So very true.

But also true in the most general sense as well, IMO.

In physics, because--in the early years of the 20th century-- things were being found that were so different from earlier physics (and perhaps common sense), some physicists were stupefied. Some got the scorn of their colleagues when they publicly uttered things like--"I can't see how that could be." (After experiments proved the matter.)

These observations led to Quantum Physics, Special and General Reativity, and so on. But also the phrase that "The Universe is not limited to anyone's limited understanding of it."

The matter of violent crime not being understandable to those who would ordinarily never(?) commit it appears to be a special case of this general rule.

Thanks isn't enough for this, Shane13. I finally don't feel that I am alone when I have to say it over and over. :)

Nobody I know sits in the shower. :floorlaugh:

Many years ago... College... Last I remember was raging party.... Hey! It was the early 70's.

Thought about running for political office to find out how all those parties really ended. SOMEbody would have pictures and stories for Nat'l Enquirer

I'm sure most of jurors know that if JA were "body-slammed" by TA, she would not be alive today. This is a "catchy" term she likes to use kind of like "linebacker" which she knows nothing about. Here is a video of what body slams look like - Imagine TA body-slamming a 125 pound female.....

Ten of the Best Body Slam Variations from Classic Professional Wrestling - YouTube

I would think you'd need a lot of room to successfully execute an actual body-slam. I wouldn't think it was doable in a bathroom. She's really an imbecile.

OK so she talked him into posing for pics int he shower while holding a gun or knife on him (even she said he never wanted shower pics taken). He at some point manages to get up and grab the camera off her, deletes the shower pictures taken, she's enraged, stabs him and the camera falls to the floor, he fights back as she continues stabbing him, meanwhile the camera is taking pics of her murdering him. She discovers those pics after she kills Travis, deletes those accidental pics, then tosses the camera into the washer.

Just a theory.

I don't think he could have deleted the shower pictures. The time stamps tell the story. I don't think he ever touched the camera or looked at any pictures. I believe he was badly hurt when sitting down in that last shower pic. He lived long enough to fight for his life for maybe 62 seconds.

I think she didn't force him to sit at knife or gun point. Just the camera under the guise of simply taking pictures. Once he was sitting, she pulled out the knife, dropped the camera and thrust it into his chest. While he was trying to fend her off and get up and out of the shower he sustained wounds to his hands and gut area. He staggers to the sink, collapses and tried to crawl away....she stabs his back and head, he covers his head and gets more wounds to his hands.....end of hallway...well you know...

That pic of him sitting staring at the camera is haunting - he doesn't look happy at all. :what:

Do you believe JA's story that she talked him into posing for those pics?

Defense has no more witnesses - They are DONE - Thank the Good Lord. It's our turn now and I'm assuming we may find out the State's rebut witnesses AFTER JM is done with the present witness who is the last witness for the D. MOO

Didn't the defense subpoena the film footage from HLN that showed TA shooting guns with his friend (Dave Hall?) and put the friend on their witness list? Anyone think they will try to use this or call the friend to the stand?

That pic of him sitting staring at the camera is haunting - he doesn't look happy at all. :what:

Do you believe JA's story that she talked him into posing for those pics?

I don't believe anything she says. Travis was posing. IMO

:rocker:

JA saying Travis body slammed her is obviously bs! Then she said it knocked the wind out of her, she immediately got up and ran blah blah

Years ago I slipped off a step ladder while painting a bathroom ceiling, fell against the counter, it knocked the wind out of me and I was on the floor for an hour just trying to get my breath back! There's no way I'd have been able to get up and run anywhere at the time. :what::floorlaugh:

JA is full of carp. :floorlaugh:

Completely true. If I were body-slammed, they'd just have to go ahead and kill me, cuz I'm not going anywhere for a couple of minutes after that, assuming I didn't get a concussion from my melon getting slammed on the tile. Totally unbelievable.

OK so she talked him into posing for pics int he shower while holding a gun or knife on him (even she said he never wanted shower pics taken). He at some point manages to get up and grab the camera off her, deletes the shower pictures taken, she's enraged, stabs him and the camera falls to the floor, he fights back as she continues stabbing him, meanwhile the camera is taking pics of her murdering him. She discovers those pics after she kills Travis, deletes those accidental pics, then tosses the camera into the washer.

Just a theory.

I sit down in the shower. It started when I was a teenager. I had the lights off and I'd sit there and pretend I was still asleep while the warm water washed over me. That's how much I hated to get up in the morning.

Didn't the defense subpoena the film footage from HLN that showed TA shooting guns with his friend (Dave Hall?) and put the friend on their witness list? Anyone think they will try to use this or call the friend to the stand?

Yeah, but no. I don't think they'll call him.

I have an opinion on her behavior. If you disagree, that's fine, and I'm sorry you can't see the irony in your statement about her talking to her lawyer.

Ok, having heard this criticism of J-5 obtaining council as a slam dunk "she must have bad or ulterior motives" or however you want to sum it up, over and over, I'll jump in. She is wise to obtain council for the purpose of advising her what to do and what not to do in light of her responsibilities to the court. Had she not, I would be a little concerned as to some arrogance or naivete on her part. That she didn't just go home and stay there is something I like. She's been smacked pretty hard and publicly, and she's right back up on her feet, in balance, showing concern and a responsible approach to continuing with her life. She's no victim, and she's no fool. If she wants to sit in the gallery, mind her council's advice, and watch the trial, she has every right to do so. Everyone here is free to express their opinions. This is mine. :seeya:

I sit down in the shower. It started when I was a teenager. I had the lights off and I'd sit there and pretend I was still asleep while the warm water washed over me. That's how much I hated to get up in the morning.

Is your shower a small stall like Travis's?

There are several reasons that these pictures were taken with Travis' knowledge.

First, the shower door is open. She cannot take pictures of someone who is actually taking a shower with a closed glass door. She will only get water and steam that's on the shower door and a blurry figure behind it.

Second, just look at them and all the different angles. Look at the oddly angled bathroom and try to figure out how she could have gotten such shots without him seeing her.

Third, the first picture she took, his hair was still spiked up with mousse or whatever he used. So she got him right from the start of the "shower."

Fourth, there was no soap involved in 8 minutes of "showering." If he'd been taking a real shower, why do we not see a one soap sud in the shower?

All very good points!

I don't think Travis agreed to pose for anything, as JA claims. She probably had him at gun or knife point.

Do you think it possible that Travis somehow grabbed his camera off her and deleted those pics himself?

I haven't posted much on this case but watch the trial, have viewed crime scene pics, etc...

but I'm curious...

it does not appear that there is much blood spatter evidence in the hallway from the bathroom until the large stain at the end of the hallway on the wall and on the floor.

how did Travis manage to not be attacked throughout the hall? I mean, what could Arias have been doing at that time?

it's just puzzling to me

The following is just speculation on my part, based partially upon her ninja story:

I believe that after his initial injuries, either a stab to the chest OR a shot to the face, he began to plead for mercy, and literally CRAWLED down the hallway, in an attempt to escape. I believe that she stood over him, and belittled/berated and lectured him, then began walking alongside him, and told him why she was going to finish killing him off. JMO

I don't think he could have deleted the shower pictures. The time stamps tell the story. I don't think he ever touched the camera or looked at any pictures. I believe he was badly hurt when sitting down in that last shower pic. He lived long enough to fight for his life for maybe 62 seconds.

Remember that photo before the ceiling photo? The one of TA's lower half while he was sitting in the shower? I wonder if she took that and made a comment about it like, "Oops, sorry! I took one of your #%€?! You want to delete it?" Then as he is looking at it and focused on it, she stabs him and the camera shifts, ceiling shot is taken.

Ok, having heard this criticism of J-5 obtaining council as a slam dunk "she must have bad or ulterior motives" or however you want to sum it up, over and over, I'll jump in. She is wise to obtain council for the purpose of advising her what to do and what not to do in light of her responsibilities to the court. Had she not, I would be a little concerned as to some arrogance or naivete on her part. That she didn't just go home and stay there is something I like. She's been smacked pretty hard and publicly, and she's right back up on her feet, in balance, showing concern and a responsible approach to continuing with her life. She's no victim, and she's no fool. If she wants to sit in the gallery, mind her council's advice, and watch the trial, she has every right to do so. Everyone here is free to express their opinions. This is mine. :seeya:

I don't even care enough to have an opinion of her showing up.

I am however saddened she was tossed off the jury.

BBM: I saw that ! And I saw her "mouthing" something to someone as well ... don't know who but it was crystal clear to me !

Not a good idea for a REMOVED JUROR to be in the courtroom at this stage of the game -- especially since it is so close to Rebuttal !

:seeya:

I've been thinking about J5 being in the courtroom. Does any one think there is the possibility that she's taking one for the defense team? They want a mistrial so badly, could she have agreeded to be let go so she can cause some problem with another juror that would cause a mistrial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe