weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gauntlet

gauntlet Inactive

Wishfully thinking yes :) But could that help anything in her appeals process over the next 12 years or so?

On that note, can anyone tell me if Nurmi has to stay on her DT after her conviction unless she boots him off? I know Nurmi tried to withdraw several times but it'd be right think he would have more chance of success after her case has been tried?

2. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

In her mind and others, it may not be mutually exclusive.

have you seen the voicemail transcript to the judge a few days before which said that to look out for her. That she was coaching Jodi by shaking her head no no no.

It could just be when she was taking notes she was shaking her head in disbelief without thinking and writing her notes. therefore, in her mind, she did nothing wrong. But since there was a call to the judge about her shaking her head no, and since a death penalty and mis trial issue, she was there for removed.

Moo

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

3. shane13

shane13 New Member

thanks.
    that's one down

4. TXHoney

TXHoney ProTranscriptionist

You're just vicious....I like it! :floorlaugh:

5. LambChop

LambChop Former Member

BBM: I believe she said that to give the wicked stepmother a reason to be so evil. He drove her wickedness to it because someone had to wear the pants in the family.

Personally, I think the King was a victim of Domestic Violence at the hands of his wife and stepmother of Snow White. JMO

6. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Agree, she called her sweet.

7. kaRN

kaRN Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse

So what fairytale character do you identify with?

8. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

And what I found very noteworthy and am expecting is it he is going to find different versions of this chart! Remember how he said she could change at any time! he has other versions of it I think!

9. shane13

shane13 New Member

Excellent.

That's like the fine film,12 Angry Men--where the 1 juror convinces the others by the end to change their verdict from guilty to not guilty.

10. molly333

molly333 New Member

We hold people to a standard. When we tell women they are to be passive, kind, compassionate, and long suffering--that they have to suffer to get what they want--

women believe that's what they are supposed to be.

Now they come into a battered women's shelter...and we ..pathologize them...that compassion stuff is not working out well, you're stuck in your empathy, you're a little too forgiving, and you're very passive. We want you to get tough, we want you to save your children, and we want you to change quickly..and go from snow white to the wicked witch in no time.

We need to allow for the flexibility of male and female roles and allow people to be who they are.

11. Sleuth5

Sleuth5 New Member

I second that. She knows that continuum is going to be the end of her when he makes it clear how many fantastic scenarios (can you say Snow White, Alyce?) he can use to create "abusive" diagnoses. It was maddening to see her suddenly pretend it wasn't all that important. I wish I had actually counted how many times I hear the word "continuum" come out of her mouth during her direct. Sheesh. :facepalm:

12. Mykeru

Mykeru Former Member

What I find kind of sad is that the "outrage" against LaViolette seems to focus on how her shilling for a violent psychopath may effect abused women, which is a legitimate concern, but what they often overlook is the dead guy.

It's a weird perspective, which I have seen demonstrated on HLN. You can see some defense shill talking heads doing this rough calculation whether the Arias case is "good for women" in general -- and some base criticism entirely on "how this effects women" and some make the next step that if lowering the bar for claims of abuse and retributive killing is somehow "good for women" then the potential dead guys should just suck it up.

Just kidding, they don't have a thought for the dead guy(s) at all.

Maybe someone can explain my observation that women seem to be a far more cohesive group, in the sense of universalizing "good for one is good for all" (and not counting snide remarks about shoes) and show more camaraderie when it counts, wheres guys often think there's fun and prizes for throwing each other under the bus.

13. pinkie60

pinkie60 Well-Known Member

i heard wilmott say whenever jodie brought up her interests, TA would belittle her. I say name on instance. Seriously, when did that happen?

14. scorpio24

scorpio24 My Tweets are real & they're SPECTACULAR!

BBM

Are we SURE it was Travis who pulled out the floor cleaner? It makes sense to me that JA would do it and try to haul the thing upstairs to clean up, but abandon the idea because of time, how heavy it was, amount of blood, roommate coming home, etc.

I don't pull my vacuum out until I'm ready to use it. Just seems a little coincidental that a floor cleaner was in the middle of the house when so much cleaning up needed to be done upstairs. Just a thought... :twocents:

15. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

Lol...#5 and Jodi's mom could take a 1,000 places trip together on their book advances money. Send poor jodi postcards on death row.

16. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Another of my favorite quotes was the objection. She stated every single objection in one long sentence that she could think of just to try to cover all bases.

17. pinkie60

pinkie60 Well-Known Member

:twocents: he could bring his own chair or a cushion.

18. shane13

shane13 New Member

OK, I will endeavor to explain ALV's Continuum to you using Quantum Field Theory.

The Continuum continuously changes in its higher dimensional space or Meta-Continuum.

I could explain that level to you, but that's THE SECRET.

19. TinTX

TinTX Active Member

Very interesting and relevant information. Would like to see the Prosecutor present this type of research in contrast to ALV''s testimony.

20. Clue Finder 55

Clue Finder 55 New Member

Numri dosen't have to stay on the defense once this trial is over.
    As far as what I said about juror #5 it would not have any grounds in an appeal.
    Once this juror has been kicked of the jury she can do and say whatever she likes(just like you and me and anyone else from the public).
    It was the defense teams choice to have her booted off not the prosecution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.