weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting ALV quote from article reviewing her 2010 speaking engagement. chilling....
"I have this theory that most of us could live with a serial killer for about a year and not even notice," said Alyce LaViolette, an expert in domestic violence counseling. "The energy of new love is greater than the energy of fear."
This was one statement by LaViolette during "The Snow White-Wicked Witch Convergence Theory" Tuesday afternoon.
http://www.daily49er.com/news/speaker-shares-insight-on-stopping-domestic-violence-1.2375056

TXPro said - i do as well. With all due respect it is the responsibility of the therapist to evaluate the facts based on critical thinking skills, not a preconcieved and largely cemented internal state of functioning (or arrested development if you will) and there is clear evidence-based facts that indicate the defendant is an obsessive stalker with a personality disorder, while there is no evidenced based facts that the victim was abusive or disordered--conflicted and perhaps even addicted to Ms. Arias brand of sexual seduction. It is important to remember that domestic abuse victims do hide abuse but while Jodi Arias did not hide anything, Mr. Alexander went to great lengths to hide his shame about his relationship with the defendant. I hope this makes sense. BTW as a professional I am embarrassed and appalled by ALV ineptitude and I feel that she is seriously out of her league---she is using the very tenets that she rails against in DV such as rationalization and justification to support her arguements.

I'm bringing forward this awesome TXProfessional post again because this is spot on and completely my thoughts!!

Still catching up!

Not to mention all that crap she wrote about "LOANING" travis allll that money. She was a waitress, and one time maid ~ sure she was lending Travis money!! In the journal entry dated February 1, 2008 Jodi said that Travis screamed at her and said "he just wanted to buy a gun, put it to his head and pull the trigger." Then while testifying in court she says something about she saw TA load the gun in "December" (DETAILS, always details), because she remembered all the sudden she had to say the gun MIGHT have been loaded. Not that this is even true, but this is just more proof that Travis didn't own a gun. Oh the lies in the web that we weave.
She just keeps on getting her stories/lies mixed up!

I think the lie about the loans to TA are going to get blown out of the water next week.

This is like watching the smoking in MadMen. The arc of time has turned and it is no longer considered sophisticated or "in" to be killing yourself and bystanders with a nicotine addiction.

When I was raising children, they climbed all over inside the car. If you tied them up with a safety harness, like I did, you were considered a freak, like an extremist prepper hoping for a disaster.

Likewise, the ship has sailed on a man threatening to punch a woman with a closed fist being seen as funny.

I love Jackie Gleason and have fond memories of "The Honeymooners," but displaying acceptance of domestic violence via humor is unacceptable today.

Dispite Ralph's threats of sending her to the moon, the obvious wearer of the pants in the family was Alice.
It's still funny IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know how to qoute, but reading someone wondering why Disney movies have a parent dead or getting killed in each movie. I read somewhere Disney movies are successful because they follow a formula of Love, death or heartbreak and a happy ending. Simple as that, just a formula they go by I don't think there's to much reading into it.

Are you saying sometimes things are just what they appear to be? ;)

Sleuthers generally have trouble with that idea, but sometimes that's got to be true!

:cow:

I laughed out loud when the defense attorney asked about her memory!

Really? Can I ask why you thought it was funny? I thought JW looked stupid, it was out of context and reminded me of a kid trying to copy a parent's joke without knowing the meaning. Perhaps it's just different senses of humour and humor. :) The smirk on JA's face said it all. I thought it was funnier when JM then took up the challenge and asked ALV a couple of questions about JA's diaries which proved ALV's memory wasn't all that after all.

Didn't she say during her testiphony that SHE put the bulk of the money down for the house or that SHE put money down for the house...grrr now I have to find it. I know I heard her say she helped pay for the purchase of house..omg it's gonna eat at me til I find that day of testiphony...maybe I heard wrong but I could almost swear she said something to putting money into that purchase...

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Great post! I have believed she wrote her journals for alibi purposes ever since I saw her passage about being mildly amused that three or four admirers asked her out for the same weekend. (Yeah, right!)

1. She thinks it shows cops she doesn't need Travis since all these other men want her.

2. It serves her extreme narcissism.

The journals are an outlet for her alternate reality, she does no wrong in that universe. Every journal entry we have heard, and even what JM pushed ALV for, there is nothing 'that bad' so said ALV in testimony Thurs. IMO, JA grew into what she became, it started way before TA, he just caught the fully 'blossomed' version.

I will say this, and will take all back-lash anyone wants to give, but JA has something mental going on, she fits several DSM-IV (I have a copy of DSM-IV and some intel in this) categories, I can't begin to narrow down to a diagnosis without a full eval, which it does not appear anyone has done so far, though RS tried but fitted his diagnosis to the DT as he was paid to do and will pay for that for years, he violated ethics on many levels in this case, the patient's treatment and well-being, beyond keeping her out of a murder one charge, was not on his radar.

Given where her mind is and what she did, she is guilty, that is my position. Fire away :)

Jodi was FAR way from Travis. It was her CHOICE to continue communication. Every cell phone, twitter or email account has an 'ignore' feature. Travis was trying to get away from Jodi.

Jodi went to Travis. HE DID NOT GO TO HER.

OK!~caught up for now... I am literally going to have to MAKE MYSELF
:sweep:

Hanging out here is so much more fun! :(
bbl

Ha ha birds of a feather... My husband thinks I'm nuts and the ppl at work must surly wonder why I have my earbuds on all the time. I too am an addict. I'm glad to have found this on-line community bc so few ppl where I live are following this trial. (Syndi I wished we lived a little closer - we could do coffee)

Years ago I was involved with someone in a relationship with similarities to the one JA and TA shared (minus most of those salacious details). I wanted to get married, he didn't. He was a player (still is) and I was obsessed with him to the point of relocating to a city 5 hours away from him, after we broke up, just to end the stupid "friends with benefits" relapses I would have. I too experienced times where I was extremely angry with him - but never once did I ever feel angry enough to get in a car and drive the 400 miles (never mind thousands of miles) to confront him. Thank God for unanswered prayers bc the man I ended up marrying is so much more a man than the one I was so obsessed with.

Jody had soooo much going for her. She was still young enough to meet someone else to marry in time to have a family, men found her to be very attractive, she is extremely intelligent and very articulate. If she had channelled her energies into educating and developing her own potential rather than stalking and obsessing over Travis, she'd be living a very different life right now and more importantly Travis would be alive. He might have been a player and yes maybe he was using her for booty calls - but no one can use you without your permission. Nothing TA did justified the brutal way JA murdered him.

I took the time to read TA's blog entries and the introduction to his book. I was moved to tears by his story and the sorrow of realizing what an incredible person JA removed from this earth. Reading his blog is what tuned me from a passive observer into an avid trial watcher and justice seeker. It was after reading his blog that I really became outraged over the character assassination that JA and the DT has been doing. If I feel this way I can only imagine how his family feels.

For a long time I was angry at my ex, but now when I think about those times I just feel sad that I didn't see I was worthy of more back then. I guess this is why I am so wrapped up in this case - JA has no excuse for what she did and I feel absolutely no sympathy for her.

Great post and :welcome6:

This is like watching the smoking in MadMen. The arc of time has turned and it is no longer considered sophisticated or "in" to be killing yourself and bystanders with a nicotine addiction.

When I was raising children, they climbed all over inside the car. If you tied them up with a safety harness, like I did, you were considered a freak, like an extremist prepper hoping for a disaster.

Likewise, the ship has sailed on a man threatening to punch a woman with a closed fist being seen as funny.

I love Jackie Gleason and have fond memories of "The Honeymooners," but displaying acceptance of domestic violence via humor is unacceptable today.

Aww Anagrammy, I didn't mean for it to come out as I was making fun of people who have been abused. I found the little snippet of the vid they linked amusing is all. I DO NOT condone it, it was not meant to offend. I will refrain from commenting any longer. My sincere apologies.

I have to tell u guys - I let out a massive LOL when ALV asked JM if he was angry.
I don't know if I could have suppressed it in court.

The Snow White conversation did that to me. I laughed until I cried, and then I laughed some more. No kidding. I was blowing my nose and laughing out loud.

The "catchy title" line really did it.

The same thing happened when Martinez was questioning Samuels and with little prompting, got Samuels to enthusiastically read part of Jodi's journal entry out loud. Samuels was clearly enjoying himself. It was so ridiculous that the whole courtroom seemed to repress laughter--like the Snow White moment. I will never forget it, and I will especially remember the look on Travis' brother's face. :floorlaugh:

Martinez may be criticized for his very direct questioning, but the man knows how to use humor--bizarre humor. He knows what he's doing.

OK I just read that the Ventana Inn has a clothing optional pool and hot tub area. So now I know where JA got all her cash...

Really? Can I ask why you thought it was funny? I thought JW looked stupid, it was out of context and reminded me of a kid trying to copy a parent's joke without knowing the meaning. Perhaps it's just different senses of humour and humor. :) The smirk on JA's face said it all. I thought it was funnier when JM then took up the challenge and asked ALV a couple of questions about JA's diaries which proved ALV's memory wasn't all that after all.

That's exactly why it was funny to me! It was laughable how she to tried diffuse Juan's very powerful point by asking the witness first, much like a child, with that stupid little smile on her face. It tickled my twisted funny bone.

Just because it was a particular item under discussion last night. Pretty much the same with anyone else's opinions about any other aspect of this case that people talk about. I never said that the camera evidence was the only evidence nor did anyone else and can't imagine why you would think so. It's just a paticular part we were talking about at the time. Is there some kind of problem with some of us talking about this particular part of the evidence and speculating about it? Picking apart various aspects of this case and pondering them is what the forum is for and what everyone has been doing for hundreds of threads worth of discussion.
:waitasec:

Hey KK, I agree with you.:seeya: I believe that Jodi thought deleting the photos would destroy evidence of her being there. And, I also believe that Jodi threw that camera in the wash which she dumped bleach into thinking that the water and bleach would destroy dna evidence.

I think there were a couple of reasons she didn't take the camera but mainly bc it was something of Travis' and he disgusted her. I think thats why she got rid of the shirt and shorts with his name on them too. By the time she killed him Jodi despised Travis.

That guy's great! Visually tracing her route was especially illuminating.

This one is great too!

[video=youtube;4sTqKkSV76k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sTqKkSV76k[/video]

Tuba said:
Reflecting back on AlaV's testimony at cross, since we have no new material. She is amazingly defensive and the closely, affectedly modulated voice is not a good disguise for that. It may be her prime technique in dealing with people but, with her eyes squinting shrewdly and her challenges as to what Martinez is trying to make her say, she gives herself away utterly. If you are thinking about where an examiner is leading you, you are definitely not speaking candidly. The truth is not your objective. Because Martinez called her on every refusal to answer Yes or No, she was exposed as circumspect about her beliefs in her field and her opinions on the defendant. Coy she is not. The ultimate affront was when she sought to put the cross examination on her terms by demanding the prosecutor speak to her like she was speaking to him.

Thanks to Boodles for bringing this over from the other thread. I agree, brilliant observation. :yourock:

Whatever she did or said, it had to be done electronically, yes? She was back in CA at that point, and there is no record of her returning to AZ for a flying visit then.

Somewhere there has to be evidence of what happened to set him off.

TA's friend Taylor Searle said Travis told him "around the first of June" that she hacked into his Facebook account, and TA read him some of what he wrote JA. Searle then told Travis, "Aren't you afraid she's going to hurt you?"

She might actually have done something much worse, such as playing the May 10 tape for someone. That would fit more with hurting him more than he'd ever been hurt in his life. But we may never know.

We do know JA called Travis several times between 1 and 3 am on June 2, couldn't reach him, but he called her back twice shortly after 3 am, talking for a total of 59 minutes. Whatever words he said to her then, it does not appear "Stay out of my life" was among them.

She says she called him June 3 and told him, "Guess what? I'm coming to Mesa." And he was surprised, but agreed to wait up for her. Whether that's true or not there is no doubt he resumed their previously-discussed plan of taking some *advertiser censored* shots. She lulled him into complacency with sex, while he had no idea she had murder on her mind.

Thanks to TexMex and Tuba for pointing out what JA told Detective Flores about her and TA's onetime planned side trip to Chichen Itza. That does sound like it would be a factor in her fury. But do you believe she still held out any hope he would take her to Cancun? She knew he was taking Mimi. And she knew he failed to visit her in Yreka and mark the three '1,000 places' sites in Oregon they'd discussed visiting off their bucket list. So imo it's more likely she was there to murder him, not to give him one last chance to take her to Cancun. :cow:

She claims she coaxed him into the shower for a photo shoot. We don't know when she displayed the knife or gun, only that there was an unusually long time--70 seconds--between the last close-up of his face and the last seated shot in virtually the same position. Then another 44 seconds before the ceiling shot indicating she had likely already stabbed him and he had begun to push back. :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni