weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucarra

Tucarra Member

Somewhat OT, but this is huge issue, similar to all the brouhaha with voter registration...meaning, the requirement to have a physical address is discriminatory against the homeless, battered women (people) who don't want to / have to reveal an address, military personnel who don't have a permanent residence, ad infinitum....

Bottom line, not sure what the exact rules for each state are, but not particularily hung on this point...

2. vallie

vallie Registered Rollerblader

i think the jury trusts Dr. D's judgement and wanted her opinion. that question, to me, seemed more like a question regarding the comparison of Dr Samuels's test giving ( and not re-testing) as opposed to Dr. D's method of test giving. I wish the follow up question would be " would you have re-administered the test if the bear was really the tiger'?

3. leebee52

leebee52 New Member

Perhaps JA forgot she'd dyed her hair and assumed Det. Flores would think she was just being a "dumb blond" when she told her absurd stories.

4. SunDawnn

SunDawnn Former Member

Well that's a MAJOR faux pas!!! I believe he stated it was June 4/5th around 3:30AM.

I need to find his testimony and make sure that's what he said. After all, he had 5 years to get his testimony 'straight'.

I don't trust that dude. He just creeps me out especially seeing him on Judge Judy!! Not too much of a showmanship opportunist, eh?

Gus Searcy on Judge Judy - YouTube

5. nells

nells Well-Known Member

Yes, this point was raised in the legal thread. Our verified attorneys think she is doing a competent job based on what she has to work with.

6. SunDawnn

SunDawnn Former Member

Oh man, I thought I knew all the players. Now who is Thomas Brown please?

7. leebee52

leebee52 New Member

You will also have to check HLN shows because I seem to remember some of his conflicting dates/stories came out in interviews.

8. Dark Inertia

Dark Inertia New Member

Actually, I kind of gotta agree with your son on this. My mother has been called for jury duty twice, both times she tried to get out by saying that her English is too poor.

The second time I called for her, and per the person I spoke with (some clerk) he said that it is considered her "civic duty" to show up. I can see where the only person to be considered is the defendant, although it doesn't sit well with me.

9. sacrablue

sacrablue New Member

I really get tired of watching Juan bouncing the arms and head around like a bobble head with the voices inflections and the yes and no nonsense. I think the Judge has the best demeanour. Non irritating very straight forward questions from the jury gets 1000% more accomplished. She is very good.

10. Maryann123

Maryann123 New Member

I didn't get any further than your first paragraph before I had to stop to "thank you" for that thought! It makes perfect sense that she would show the ring and claim to be engaged. Her family wouldn't know the difference!

11. InALandFarFarAway

InALandFarFarAway Lah di freakin' dah

Usually one juror does set-up questions. Remember the question to LaViolette about keeping your sexual life private and is that deception?

LaViolette answered no, it wasn't deceptive to keep your sexual life secret. It's was a good thing.

Part 2 was, if it isn't, why do you think Travis was being deceptive when he kept his sexual life secret.

LOL - LOVED that.

But maybe that connects to your point: the juror does believe her, trusts her answer will be thoughtful and truthful so there was no need for a second part to the question. Hmmmmmmm.

12. TartLemon

TartLemon Active Member

If Jodi had PPL insurance, she would have called the hot line. No doubt, they would have told her not to answer any questions waiving her right to an attorney. Even if she could not afford an attorney, if Jodi had asked for one, the investigator would have immediately stopped engaging with her.

Very strange to me she hadn't absorbed more sub-basic legal info by hanging out with that crowd through osmosis if nothing else. I understand Travis was just an insurance salesman, but one of the selling points is not to risk saying the wrong thing but get immediate legal direction.

13. dhunter

dhunter New Member

do you have a reference link for this info? :) thanks.

14. leebee52

leebee52 New Member

I have a problem too with the concept of "a jury of your peers". For instance, a jury of JA's peers? Come on, who would qualify as her peer other than another sicko.

15. DebinGA

DebinGA New Member

What a tremendous blessing to have a dad like that. Reminds me of a recent obit from a daughter to her dad that went viral:

Harry Stamps: http://www.bradfordokeefe.com/obituaries/Harry-Stamps/#/Obituary

Southerners especially can relate, but I think everyone would enjoy it.

16. TXProfessional

TXProfessional New Member

Nezumi, if you know where to find it, could you direct me to the "evidence" that she actually was on the reservation. I must have missed this extremely important fact because to me jurors would want to know what "happened" to get her to premeditate a murder. TIA

17. Truth Detector

Truth Detector Your Humble Observer

Love the third comment on that page just placed there by "Carl Curmudgeon"...

18. FrayedKnot

FrayedKnot Former Member

I will say one thing, the DT doesn't have much to work with, true. What a loser of a case for them. Jodi basically convicted herself.

And I do think the DT witnesses were like shooting fish in a barrel for JM. I don't know if that means that any prosecutor could have made them look bad (because they were just embarrassing) or if JM is just really good.

I honestly don't know much about his other cases and how challenging they were to prosecute. I can only speak to this trainwreck. :facepalm:

19. PrincessSezMe

PrincessSezMe Rest in Peace

Spot on FrayedKnot. She skeeves me out too, and it's just wierd that it's the little nuances about her personality (like the cup thing) that raise the hairs on the back of my neck. I also thought she was somewhat pretty, and my DH said the same thing when I first showed him her pics from her and TA's trips. Now I find her repulsive. Every time she licks her lips I expect a reptilian tongue to snake out from between that ever present hole in the center of her lips that never seems to close. Her flat black eyes are creepy, and I almost have to look away when the camera pans in close and she seems to be looking right at me.

I agree, the only explanation is that all of the ugliness inside her has boiled up to the surface. Her facade is gone, and the true Jodi Arias is now on display for all the world to see. :eek:

20. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

~ bbm

What was her answer? I think Travis' situation was much much different than is typical because, when you are single and LDS your sex life is NOT a secret. You are to have no sex life at all and if you do there are serious consequences. Imo, that would/should have been her answer in this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.