weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that JM added a computer expert to the rebuttal list? If so I wonder what they will be called for. I hope it will be for 1 or all of the following:

1) Proof that Jodi wrote Lisa the letter. JM could use this as rebut the fact that Jodi claims she wasn't jealous.

2) Internet history that would show she looked up a driving route from Arizona to Utah.

3) Internet history regarding inflicting mortal wounds.

4) Any recent internet history of her looking up things to do in Cancun

I HAVE to believe that HLN has figured out that this pause and play system is an embarrassing failure. I can't imagine that some network officials thought this was actually a good and profitable idea. The fact that they don't point out that the coverage is very much delayed at times is blatant misrepresentation, especially when they say "live" when the analysts are talking. It is slightly better than having no coverage at all, and I realize they have to squeeze sponsors in to pay the bills, but I'd much rather they do it the old way...during sidebars and lunch breaks.

Can you tell I'm still in mourning for Court TV?

Oh, I'm just flabbergasted that they took Court TV away, now no InSession, and they play ridiculous "reality" TV!

Very frustrating!! I had almost gotten over the delay from all the commercials, because at least by the time I get home I can fast forward and I don't have to wait the full hour and a half lunch break. Lol! But then after NG this week, ugh!! I'm done with them.

I hope they figure out something else and quickly. I'll not watch another trial if it has to be through bloody HLN and this format. I'm too emotionally invested to stop in the middle of this trial, but I won't let myself get sucked in again! ;)

I've pretty much cut HLN out of my life, but turned it on this pm to see their coverage on Boston. Instead there was this blonde woman talking about the troubles JA has had in jail. When they mentioned authorities finding her hidden and forbidden tube of anti itch cream and another of anti fungal cream, I couldn't stop laughing. :facepalm:

Any ideas on what today's (Friday) closed hearing was about?

The entry in the Maricopa Superior Court Calendar:

Case: CR2008-031021 Date: 4/19/2013 Time: 10:00 Event Title: Status Conference - Undesignated Party: State Of Arizona Jodi Ann Arias

Oh, I'm just flabbergasted that they took Court TV away, now no InSession, and they play ridiculous "reality" TV!

Very frustrating!! I had almost gotten over the delay from all the commercials, because at least by the time I get home I can fast forward and I don't have to wait the full hour and a half lunch break. Lol! But then after NG this week, ugh!! I'm done with them.

I hope they figure out something else and quickly. I'll not watch another trial if it has to be through bloody HLN and this format. I'm too emotionally invested to stop in the middle of this trial, but I won't let myself get sucked in again! ;)

I think it's time to have "smart people TV". Can we please have our own network?

IMO going forward, everyone who posts on here needs to be respectful of other posters. If someone disagrees, please just ask for clarification or alert the mods if necessary. I called a former poster on here because they hadn't posted in a long time. She told me that one of her posts had been misconstrued and people thought that she was rude.

Her post was not intended to be rude and even had emoticons for emphasis. However, a poster jumped on it, misunderstanding her intent and that experience caused her to cease posting. What OP did not realize was that she was kind and sensitive without a mean bone in her body. She cried for 2 days.

I have also had a poster come at me implying that I was an alcoholic because of my memory issues as it related to PTSD. I remember the trauma with crystal clarity. It has been subsequent memories, good ones, that I have had difficulty recalling. I do NOT drink at all. I was so upset that I was attacked because of my faillabilities. It made me feel worse than I already did. Fortunately, some very kind posters came to my defense.

This should not even happen on here. WS is a very intelligent forum and a victim friendly site. Cruelty is never warranted. JA has already shown us what that does. I would venture to say, we are better than that. Thanks for hearing me. Respectfully, JMV BBM

The behavior you described sounds like Mean Girl phlegm from high school and that crap was old even in high school.

I don't mind disagreeing and having a stimulating discussion but I can often tell by the way a poster quotes me and goes on the attack that it would be pointless to engage.

That person just wants to goad a response so that s/he feels justified in being rude.

None of us are here to indulge anyone's anger issues. As you said this site is supposed to be one of solace and support (and silliness) for all of us who carry sorrow and those of us who just want to hang out with other news/trial junkies.

What was said to you is unacceptable and I'm sorry you and your friend were injured by careless words.

Just as LaViolette stubbornly refused to accept that there can be subtext in the written word, posts here can also be written in a hurry with no subtext intended.

I think we should give each other the benefit of the doubt first. You know the only adage, "Don't bite when a growl will do." Or something like that. You get my rambling drift. :D

Regarding the tiger/bear question. At first I thought what an odd thing, then it dawned on me that it was much like the In Basket interview where the candidate was presented with a scenario that was not textbook rote. It measures application of knowledge. Dr DeMarte's response was great. There is someone very astute on that jury !

I agree with Lampchop on Nurmi. I realize it is easy to pick on the DT for alot of things. Mainly because they are defending JA. We all want justice for Travis and both Nurmi and Willmott are in an essence standing in the way. I think it has been proven that Nurmi didn't want the case and wanted to be released from the case in the early stages but was denied. But he has an obligation to see that JA has the best defense that he and Willmot can provide. Like most ppl, I get tired of him always trying to get mistrial but I think he is doing everything that he can to defend JA for his own protection when she files for appeal. (and JA will)
I have been critical of the DT for being unprofessional and more importantly "Unprepared" Seriously, they didn't know about her filling up the third gas can in Utah? It was in her bank reciepts...if they did their job they would have known that. Or even followed up on JA claiming she returned the third can to Wal-mart. I wonder if they thought that JM wouldn't investigate that.
It is difficult to see how this trial has effected Nurmi and Willmott personal life's as well. Its bad enough that JA has been deemed the most hated women since Casey Anthony but having to defend JA can't be easy.
I will probably get flamed for the post, but In spite of the DT unprofessional actions from time to time and being unprepared, I refuse to pile on negative criticism that other people post about.
They are two lawyers that are defending a murdering defendant. They have a "deck" stacked against them and I see them doing the best that they can. I am def not saying they are doing a great job but when you are going against the mountain of evidence that stands against JA and knowing you are going against a "bulldog" of a prosecutor how perfect can you be?
I personally think that all four, Judge Stephens, Juan, Willmott and Nurmi will be relieved when this trial is over.
This, of course, Is just my opionion and I realized that this case has brought ALOT of emotions out here on WS. It has brought alot of emotions out of me as well.
If you want to disagree with me or flame this post, that is anyones right :) I have no problem with that, but I just have a difficult time joining everyone else's criticism of two lawyers. Peace all WS..i love the site and everyone post :)

I have no problem with KN in this trial. I think that he a lot smarter than he maybe gets credit for.

I do have a problem with JW and have said so. It is not because of the fact that she is defending JA, although I totally disagree with how they did this. I dislike that she shows little respect by her words, tone of voice, and body language. Sometimes she seems disorganized and unprepared, even tho she has years of experience. I would say the same thing if she was prosecuting this case.

I think it's time to have "smart people TV". Can we please have our own network?

Are there other trials taking place where one can watch it online? This is my 1 st trial. I don't even remember how I got sooo addicted to this, but my hubby's lost 10 lbs!!

I'll add logging into Travis's facebook, myspace and bank accounts.

Is it true that JM added a computer expert to the rebuttal list? If so I wonder what they will be called for. I hope it will be for 1 or all of the following:

1) Proof that Jodi wrote Lisa the letter. JM could use this as rebut the fact that Jodi claims she wasn't jealous.

2) Internet history that would show she looked up a driving route from Arizona to Utah.

What does that mean?

The entry in the Maricopa Superior Court Calendar:

Case: CR2008-031021 Date: 4/19/2013 Time: 10:00 Event Title: Status Conference - Undesignated Party: State Of Arizona Jodi Ann Arias

OH don't I wish!

Didn't JM come up with something slightly unexpected during rebuttal during the Adriano (sp) case? Does anyone remember?

drsamuelsjodiarias1366390123.jpg

I like Doc Samuels...

BBM~ You mean JW? lol. Too many "J"'s!

OH don't I wish!

Didn't JA come up with something slightly unexpected during rebuttal during the Adriano (sp) case? Does anyone remember?

Oh my. I use that term a lot, and I'm born and bred in the USA. Am I really the only American who uses that term? Anyone, anyone.... ;(

I do occasionally and also the term 'bits' . s'because I love reading Terry Pratchett and some other britishy authors and it seeps into my vocabulary sometimes. One of my favs from TP is calling the insides of people "wobbly bits' :floorlaugh:

As far as Nurmi, because of his height I think he may have some issues with his legs. It's not just his weight it appears he has other issues which may contribute to his having a problem getting around. He has had a problem walking up to the bench on more than one occasion. I have a grandson who is 6' 6" and this happened to him where he just grew too fast and everything was stretched to the max in a short period of time. He walks very similar as if it's an effort and uncomfortable. They can do surgery but he refused to have it done. So it is possible Nurmi may have some issues moving around because he has some leg issues.

Way OT:::::
My son had issues in his early teens with the growth space in his knees. They actually put him in full leg casts (one at a time) to reduce his pain and swelling due to rapid huge growth. At that point the growth would cause his knees to swell a huge amount and they needed him to not use them to allow the tissue and cartiledge and stuff to catch up. He went from 5'5 to 6'4 in less than 2 years.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Apparently I have fognesia also because I even couldn't get the initials right! LMAO

Actually I meant JM. Must be a case of 'brain fog'.:floorlaugh:

can jodi take the stand again ,,maybe new evidence ring and christmas tree..she will lis she has no shame..maybe she will blame deanna didnt she try to claim on the stand deanna was the crazy one.

Jodi said she was baking cookies (and then went to this story about a restaurant cookie recipe that was to big) while she was house sitting when Travis was out of town, and Deanna came in saw her and ran up to Travis's bedroom then came back down went into Travis's office and locked the door.

I think Jodi knew he was going out of town and made herself at home. Jodi said one room mate was outside on the phone and I think Deanna called Travis and let him know what was going on. I think Deanna was the one who was to house sit for Travis. Just something strange about the story and that make the most sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member