weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see discussion from time to time of how a juror's age or gender might affect his/her thinking about the some witnesses/the defendant. I am a male, mid 50's (old enough to be JA's or Dr.D;s father). I am well educated, but more importantly, I try to use common sense in my approach to life situations.

1) As for Dr. DeMarte, I find her much more honest and credible than the older, more experienced "experts" with their agendas. I have colleagues of all ages, and base my opinions based on how they do their job rather than their age. I watched almost every minute she was on the stand. Yes, she was assured, but not cocky IMO. She was steady, professional, and easy for me to follow. Even during the most excruciating moments of cross-examination, I was impressed by her demeanor. She presented concise information, gathered through established protocols, and without any of the hugger-muggery (I love that term!!) exhibited by certain other witnesses. There is no doubt in my mind as to which expert testimony receives the most weight in this case.

2) If I were a juror, I would not grant any leniency to any defendant based on age/gender/appearance. I do not care what disorders may or may not be present. As long as the defendant is not clinically insane or intellectually deficient (which JA is NOT) and thus knows the difference between right and wrong (which JA DOES), I could impartially evaluate guilt/innocence.

Granted, I would not have been a “pristine” juror from the start, because of family history with a person very similar to JA and some other disordered people in my life experience. Through those experiences I learned that I could drive myself nuts trying to make sense of their nonsense. I have tried to stay focused on the evidence; in doing so, I have disregarded probably 99% or more of the rubbish that spewed from JA’s mouth.

I seem to have written a mini-novel here, all to say that I hope and pray the jury applies common sense in reaching a verdict. I hope they keep focus on the evidence. All of this is my moderately old man's opinion. That would be IMMOMO... :floorlaugh: (That’s why I don’t post much, because I get wound up and can’t stop… sorry…)

Please keep posting, don't be shy...Your opinions and views are all welcomed here IMO =D :rocker:

:cheers: Great post!

This one below was sent in April - pre sex tape.

"Time to spit it out" Hmmmmm

--------------------------------------------------------

"you have that information. its 15 minutes it would take to gt the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me you that you are ready
to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with
the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone.
Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. to have me this persons information before I tell all of the Hughes' Leslie Udy, the Freemans, your parents and anyone else that
matters about all the crazy things you have done. So
either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad
the truth is I promise you the punishment will be
better than the lie. This is worse than your magical
email that a mysterious man you've never seen before
wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such
crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know
your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna
get real bad for you. Time to spit it out."

I think that whatever he was threatening to expose her with was the catalyst that drove her to kill him. It just seems that after those texts where he calls her a sociopath, tells her she's evil and he wants her to know he thinks that, and that he is going to tell everyone (something), the grandparent's gun was stolen 2 days later and he was dead a week later.

I don't think a trip to Cancun drove her to murder him. That is just really extreme.

I really really really wonder what he found out. I don't believe I would call someone a sociopath or evil because a ring was stolen. He was obviously shocked, devastated and done with her. He had put up with her crazy behavior for so long (showing up unannounced, tires slashed, snooping, lying) and you would think he had sort of accepted that of her, since he stayed in the relationship. He kind of got used to the behavior and probably inured to it. I think he discovered something huge that freaked him out, and whatever it was, Jodi killed him to prevent him from exposing it. Maybe it wasn't ever discussed in writing (text, email etc..) and only discussed on the phone, and that is why we don't know what he was threatening to expose. Maybe she did succeed in that objective and that particular secret is safe. I do believe though that there is more to the story.

She is IMO the least professional female attorney I have ever seen. In her dress, her hair, and her attitude in the court room. Once in a TX court I saw a judge tell a female attorney to leave his court room and not return until she knew how to dress professionally and in a way that she could be taken as a serious proponent of justice. My mouth was wide open. The only thing I saw was her a-line periwinkle blue suit skirt was about 4 inches above her knees. And her hair was flowing down her back. And she did have some kick butt jewelry on. I will say that other female attorneys I had contact with wore darker colors and usually white or beige blouses. JW is not IMO a professional looking/acting attorney and I often wonder what the judge in TX would say. :moo:

IMO, JW looks very nice and professional. I live in Texas and I was in court a year ago. The judge was not wearing the traditional black robe. She was in regular clothing. I live in a rural area of east Texas and really, nobody cares what any body else is wearing. We respect the judge and attorneys and here, we do not judge the attire of anyone. It might be different in Houston or Dallas, but here, nobody gives a hoot or notices how anybody is dressed. MOO

If you all noticed she immediately did the "If I was" to preface statements. anything she starts that way is "I DID IT". She's not that good of a liar as far as the context of her statements. She's a good liar as far as her eyes don't even expose her. I notice that on the stand, when she touches her face or covers her mouth - she's lying. Those are dead give aways for almost all people. She doesn't however do the eye's up or looking to the side (searching for information). To learn how deviant she is, look online for a tutorial in ready body languages.

I took this crazy course 2 summers ago in NY with an ex who's a magician. He's pretty stable in this field and booked everywhere. Why is he so good? Because he can read faces, eyes and body language. The man who held this course is an FBI consultant. It's amazing what you learn!

after I took the course I began looking at past documentaries of serial killers or mass murderers and watching their faces / bodies. Bundy, Ridgeway and a few others show no emotions when lying. That's (according to the course instructor) a psychopathic trait. Only a person that's a psychopath can pull that off. Again, it's not a diagnosis that Dr's like to give (it's seen as a sensational statement, the same with sociopaths). That's why you'll hear "She has psychopathic idealizations" or similar statements. It's so that she's not given a sensational title and the diagnosis isn't looked as being an attention grabber. Right now BPD is getting a lot of attention because most people are unaware of what that even means. Just like aspergers was given legs of it's own with Sandy Hook shooting. If she were a man - I wonder if she would have been given an aspergers title (avoidance, inability to know boundaries, incredibly detailed and obsessive). Women and men are always given different labels when it comes to actions like this.

There is a cathartic feeling for those who are true psychopaths who harbor anger from a deprived childhood, to act out in anger. It's absolute and controlled. People who have no control over their lives, they tend to find things they can control. For some it's food intake,sex or drugs. others it's violence on small children, animals or people who are rendered helpless. Jodi made TA helpless somehow and with that she made control over him. First she used sex (and the way she tells it, it was anal and oral copulation. IE pleasuring him and getting no pleasure but feeling PAIN (her way of feeling is through painful anal intercourse) She also knew that most women aren't giving those two things away out the gate. I'm guessing she did the anal for attention because it's "unusual" (and more so to a person who dates virgins) and for awhile it held him over. When that no longer worked, she had to do more and more.

Now, the issue with a murderer who has anger issues is that there are 3 stages: incubation, violence and relief. She would have absolutely reoffended at some point, because she knows there is relief for her after. This is why I don't think she HASNT done this before. If this was her first murder, there is definitely a dog or cat before him. I don't think it stopped with the dog she does admit to.

Your posts:rocker:I do believe she did all of what you posted..WOW You are spot on IMO!!

:floorlaugh: If only we could all hack off a few pounds and send it to her!

Trust me, I blame her for every one of these , ahem, double digits I've packed on since watching her road to prison. I might even qualify for a civil suit w the award being a mth in a fat farm- that's not too much to ask is it?

Not disagreeing, but, now the pressure is on. This is real. She is not in jail winning "Jail Idol" contests or interviewing for 48 hours anymore.

The time is ticking for her and hopefully the time will be up.

I don't think per se "die" in a physical way. Maybe she lose her mind completely as this trial goes on. I don't know it's Saturday and i'm tired and rambling. ;)

I don't honestly think that she ever planned to die...I don't think she has that in her...I don't doubt for a second that should couldn't have pulled that off in jail all these years, if she really wanted to. Those who want to die can find a way.

I can't imagine there being a reason to use "code" and not just say, "Why don't you come over?" So weird...

Iknowright? I think the "code" was a figment of her fertile imagination.

Trust me, I blame her for every one of these , ahem, double digits I've packed on since watching her road to prison. I might even qualify for a civil suit w the award being a mth in a fat farm- that's not too much to ask is it?

I say go for it. If I were a juror, I'd certainly be forwarding my liquor bills to the State of Arizona.

The one issue that troubles me about this case is JA was understood by her lover Travis and her friends as being different. She did things that were not normal. Yet she was used as a three hole wonder.
Who is responsible here? Did Travis ever meet JA's parents? Was anyone ever contacted when JA's behavior became symptomatic? JA was a perfect storm ready to erupt having a relationship go terribly wrong.
To sit back after the fact and call her a monster and all the names I have heard doesn't solve this problem.

Travis was not responsible. We have heard stories from poster on here who have all said the same thing about this type of disorder. They never knew going into the relationship until they pretty much became vested or under the person's control for one reason or another.

Jodi's mom said Jodi kept her private life private, the family was not welcome to come see her when she lived with Darryl. That was a 4 year live-in relationship. Travis never acknowledged they were ever a couple. Jodi was the one trying to do all the controlling and at times seemed to be pretty successful. We really do not know how many times they had sex or when it started. Travis did not make that clear and Jodi's word....worthless. What was clear was he was moving on and she should do the same.

Travis obviously did not know what he was dealing with when she entered his home on June 4th or he would have alerted his roommates while they were there in the house. If he truly believed she was a danger to him personally his doors would have been locked to keep her out. This is why people believe her to be a monster. It's never been just what she did, it's how she planned and carried it out that leaves people to believe she's a monster.

It's not normal for children over the age of 5 to be kicking their parents. I'd even say 2 years would be the line for me. After this age they are out of control and I'd be getting professional help for them for anger issues.

Yes, I think if Travis took the time to contact and or visit JA's Mom, the real story might have become apparent and this waste of life diverted. I believe as sharp as Travis was, the truth would have been understood.

I'd be willing to bet Jodi came up with lots and lots of reasons why he could not meet her mother and made sure that never happened. He didn't meet her family because she made sure he didn't.

Did you guys see that sketch of Jodi with her 'twisted finger' that was posted the other day? It was hilarious.

Found it

JA blog about the Laws of Attraction

http://jodiarias.blogspot.com/2008/05/law-of-attraction-here-we-go-again.html

Sorry, I misspoke - it was dated May 4th 2008

The laws of attraction certainly have backfired here. I wouldn't suggest prescribing to whatever it was she was believing in.

Ended up slaughtering her boyfriend, in prison facing possible dp, on national TV with everyone watching her every move and viewing intimate photos of her nudeness/rudeness.

Yep, I'd say the laws of attraction WORKED in this situation.:facepalm:

I'd be willing to bet Jodi came up with lots and lots of reasons why he could not meet her mother and made sure that never happened. He didn't meet her family because she made sure he didn't.

It may sound horrible but I don't believe Travis had any interest in meeting her mother and father.

That would have meant their relationship was serious and for most of us, introducing a love interest to your family is a big deal.

Until I was sure he wasn't a closet freak, he didn't get anywhere near my friends much less my family.

Yeah and I'm sure she was bursting with pride and anticipation to show off her filthy room at her grandparents house. She cared nothing for her family (like another little murderess) and avoided them every chance she got.

My BSN with a dual major in Psychology (ironic I know)

Good for you :) I'm curious, is it a state requirement for you to complete Med School for your BSN? I have my degree in Registered Professional Nursing, Spanish and Psychology. No med school, but the required Nursing Curriculum as well as the Psych and Spanish. What state are you in? (if that's private, no problem, just curious here :) )

I see discussion from time to time of how a juror's age or gender might affect his/her thinking about the some witnesses/the defendant. I am a male, mid 50's (old enough to be JA's or Dr.D;s father). I am well educated, but more importantly, I try to use common sense in my approach to life situations.

1) As for Dr. DeMarte, I find her much more honest and credible than the older, more experienced "experts" with their agendas. I have colleagues of all ages, and base my opinions based on how they do their job rather than their age. I watched almost every minute she was on the stand. Yes, she was assured, but not cocky IMO. She was steady, professional, and easy for me to follow. Even during the most excruciating moments of cross-examination, I was impressed by her demeanor. She presented concise information, gathered through established protocols, and without any of the hugger-muggery (I love that term!!) exhibited by certain other witnesses. There is no doubt in my mind as to which expert testimony receives the most weight in this case.

2) If I were a juror, I would not grant any leniency to any defendant based on age/gender/appearance. I do not care what disorders may or may not be present. As long as the defendant is not clinically insane or intellectually deficient (which JA is NOT) and thus knows the difference between right and wrong (which JA DOES), I could impartially evaluate guilt/innocence.

Granted, I would not have been a “pristine” juror from the start, because of family history with a person very similar to JA and some other disordered people in my life experience. Through those experiences I learned that I could drive myself nuts trying to make sense of their nonsense. I have tried to stay focused on the evidence; in doing so, I have disregarded probably 99% or more of the rubbish that spewed from JA’s mouth.

I seem to have written a mini-novel here, all to say that I hope and pray the jury applies common sense in reaching a verdict. I hope they keep focus on the evidence. All of this is my moderately old man's opinion. That would be IMMOMO... :floorlaugh: (That’s why I don’t post much, because I get wound up and can’t stop… sorry…)

Are you kidding MrW? Never apologize for the truth. Hemingway wrote about how he tried to always write one true thing. MrW, you met E.H's principle, I love your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288