weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. D was coached to say the results would be invalid period. Very obvious. The jury knows she is on the take.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..........this makes my belly hurt. Thanks. 420 yo.

That is a basic symptomology of a low-functioning BPD. To them, you're either all good or all bad.....no shades of grey. Then combine it with rage and some comorbidity, and you have voila! = JA.

But here is the catch---> my prediction is that JA will turn on Wilm*tt and Nurm* and we may get to see it when the verdict is announced OR we'll read about the hateful mail she sends them, or interviews from jail where she tries to angrily ruin them.

When they lock her away, it will not be the end of us hearing about JA.

Ugh. :banghead:

I absolutely agree that Jodi will turn on anyone whom she feels has wronged her when she is convicted of 1st Degree Pre-Meditated Murder. Throughout the trial, her DT and JSS have been the good guys in white hats, but as soon as the verdict seals Jodi's fate, even her DT (and probably the Judge who has bent over backwards to placate the defendant) will change to BPD black in the blink of an eye. The DT better make sure that their client is medicated because she will probably lose it in the courtroom despite the Judge's (probable) admonition that there will be no emotional outbursts.

I firmly believe that the BPD diagnosis is just the tip of the iceberg in defining Jodi's mental/emotional instability. This young woman is full of rage for anyone who ever said or did something that Jodi interpreted as being critical, derogatory, or offensive toward her. I hope and pray that this jury realizes the potential danger that the defendant poses to others if they don't find her guilty of pre-meditated murder. Jodi will kill again if given the opportunity. :moo:

Just wanted to make a general comment about prejudicial evidence.

Evidence is not excluded just because its prejudicial. Any evidence of Jodi's guilt is prejudicial against Jodi. Evidence is only excluded if the prejudicial effect clearly outweighs the relevance and meaningfulness of the evidence.

So Jodi's psychiatric diagnosis would not be excluded because its too prejudicial. If Dr D had diagnosed Jodi with ASPD or schizophrenia or mental retardation or anything else, she would have testified about it, and it would not have been excluded because its too prejudicial. And the only reason Dr D was even allowed to testify about Jodi's diagnosis at all was because the defense made an issue of Jodi's mental health.

If the defense had not raised PTSD or BWS, Dr D would not have been able to testify.

thanks for your helpful note, can you tell me why they allowed JA to go into sooo much detail of hear life since age 15 or whatever, every single sexual and innane details, is this all relevant? is this because she had psychologists on hand ready to back up her BWS and PTSD defense? how did they allow BWS since JA and TA did not live together?

This is what is difficult to understand. JA's score on the psychopathic deviate scale was off the charts it was so high. Assuming that isn't BPD, why wasn't that embellished upon in court?

That *is* exactly what you would see for BPD when reading the scales, and that is why it is inappropriate for an untrained person to read these scales; and certainly shouldn't be done segment by segment.

Dr. D repeatedly tried to make that point and many more to Wilm*tt but she wouldn't have it.

not silly. i think you may be on to something here. i didn't know they were on the witness list. can't WAIT!!!!!!
They are supposedly on the list.. of course, that doesn't mean he will call them.. also think a computer guy, Dect. Brown (?) is on the list. I'm kinda hoping a forensic computer expert will prove she added/deleted from TA's email/her email. It can be done if you know/can hack the password.. and I am sure she had that.

Remember the silence in the courtroom when JM exposed JA's Boxcar Children attempt at magazine codes?

magcode_zpsc883bed0.jpg

Priceless!

The first thing I thought of when hearing of the ring was Jodi's Da saying in his interview with Detective Flores : "she was going to marry the guy"...

I wonder if somewhere there is, or was, a pic taken of Jodi while she was wearing it. I know if I told my folks I was engaged and had just moved home, they'd be thrilled and take pictures of me showing off my ring! Happy time pics.

Or even just a random snapshot of a get together during that time where we could see the ring on her hand??

Hmmmm.....

ETA: obviously she was not engaged, but I am just assuming she would tell peeps she was and be wearing the stolen ring as "proof"...

So, so ridiculous. Who would carry their car registration in their purse, especially when on a long distance trip and you aren't even driving that car?

Not Einstein.

:silly:

You Know I keep thinking why Nurmi is smerking while Wilnut is questioning DR. D, it dawns on me HE IS SMERKING BECAUSE HE HAD SOMEONE BREAK INTO HER HOUSE AND STOLE THE LAPTOP AND LIKE JODI HE IS RUBBING IT INTO HER THAT HE GOT AWAY WITH IT!!!!

do i need a mirror to de-code this? lol

˙ɔonɹsǝ oɟ 'ɥǝɐp ʎonɹ ou sʇɐupıuƃ ʍɥıןǝ 'ʎǝs

One benefit of LWOP over the DP is that there's no automatic appeal with a new set of lawyers for Jodi to manipulate.
The only reason I like the DP here is that she is in lock down 23 of 24 hours... harder for her to play her fun and games.. and the only thing her artwork will be good for is to wallpaper her cell. Most times, LWOP is fine with me.

You Know I keep thinking why Nurmi is smerking while Wilnut is questioning DR. D, it dawns on me HE IS SMERKING BECAUSE HE HAD SOMEONE BREAK INTO HER HOUSE AND STOLE THE LAPTOP AND LIKE JODI HE IS RUBBING IT INTO HER THAT HE GOT AWAY WITH IT!!!!

Ha, no, Nurmi was likely smiling because DeMarte held up so well. If he ever has occasion to work with a psychologist for another case, you'll probably see him calling her up.

Yes, I re-listened to Darryl's testimony a few weeks ago and JM was hammering him about when the first time Jodi asked to borrow the gas cans. He was deliberately vague and said it was shortly before the road trip, however JM said that's not what you said in your previous interview with the prosecutor. He eventually conceded that it was much earlier in May. The other interesting point to come out of that testimony was that during his interview with the State, Darryl told JM that Jodi wanted to borrow the gas cans for a road trip to Mesa. He claimed he didn't specify Mesa, but IIRC, I think he eventually conceded that he may have said Mesa. And yes, she inundated him with phone calls/messages/reminders about the gas cans.

:seeya: I too re-watched DB's testimony not long ago. On redirect, he stated he didn't know of Mesa, but that Jodi said Arizona... Which, is just as damning since Arizona was never her supposed plan either. It's so interesting to go back and watch these first parts knowing what we know now. Everything stands out like a "bent tendon slit finger."

My uncle was an attorney too. Sounds like he was like your father. My uncle was an A class attorney and didn't play dirty pool. He also wasn't into scamming clients for money. When he died there were many who said he was the last of his kind. Sad really.

Yes my father was a grand man. Though he practiced law for two years, he found it wasn't his cup of tea so he went in Federal Law Enforcement for a long career for 25 years. Then he started teaching Criminal Justice at University of NC - Charlotte Campus. He was a natural and his students loved him. Some of his students kept in touch with him until his death.

One benefit of LWOP over the DP is that there's no automatic appeal with a new set of lawyers for Jodi to manipulate.

Until she is executed, she is at risk to kill again, which she is certainly clever enough to do.

Society doesn't need another victim of this lying torture murderess.

She said that she would beg for the death penalty.

Perhaps the jury will be sympathetic and 'give at the office'.

˙ɔonɹsǝ oɟ 'ɥǝɐp ʎonɹ ou sʇɐupıuƃ ʍɥıןǝ 'ʎǝs

And our Truth Detector said: "yes, while standing on your head of course"!

Well done, Truth Detector! :floorlaugh:

Yeah, imo, he had no intention of making a trip out there. He was shining her on. You could tell in the phone tape, he wasn't into it.

Anyone remember the date when Jodi sang the National Anthem somewhere and Travis didn't show up? I think his absence loomed large in her post-Mesa "I despise him-he must die" mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4