Weekly Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they would do a new edition of Unsolved Mysteries too. That must have been my all time favorite show. Actually I think they should make a whole separate channel just for the missing and other unsolved crimes. Why not - everything else has its own channel now, from game shows to cooking shows :)

I wish they would do a new edition of Unsolved Mysteries too. That must have been my all time favorite show. Actually I think they should make a whole separate channel just for the missing and other unsolved crimes. Why not - everything else has its own channel now, from game shows to cooking shows :)

I'm with you, Gina. I wish they would dedicate a tv channel to all the unsolved murder/missing cases. I know I probably would abandon all other channels from my tv.;)

48HM only does shows on cases that have been solved. Without going into too many details, they are aware of Anna's case. When we solve the case, they will be a good one to approach.

This is what I thought. So I was surprised last Saturday night when they showed an usolved case. Now I can't remember what it was. Did anyone else see it?

This is what I thought. So I was surprised last Saturday night when they showed an usolved case. Now I can't remember what it was. Did anyone else see it?

I just checked and 48 Hours last week was about two unsolved murders in New Orleans - a musician and a film maker. Still unsolved. I have always liked how they follow the mystery and then end with the trial and the "innocent" murderer interviews proclaiming their innocense. But it will be good if they start showing unsolved cases.

They may have changed their format or felt that there was some compelling reason to do those two stories. I do know that when I spoke to a producer for that show earlier this year, he stated that they only featured concluded cases. Its too bad, because they do a great job and could really do Anna's story justice.

I'll follow up on this and see what I can find out, but it might take awhile. I'm hoping CBS "Sunday Morning" might be interested as we get closer to the publication date of the book. Cubby's suggestion in the Media thread about "Without a Trace" was also excellent. Other ideas, anyone?

Today I visited with Arlene, the friend who with her husband and toddler visited us on the day Anna disappeared. For some reason, I had never asked her what she remembered from that day. She teared up as she said “Yes, I do remember.” She and her husband and their 16-month-old baby drove from San Francisco to Purisima Canyon to visit on Jan. 16, 1973. She remembered her husband chatting with Anna in the living room and remembered that Anna had wanted to go outside, and that I had not wanted her to. She remembered something about a red coat. She said that on the way home, her toddler had seemed unresponsive to her and she was worried about him. Possibly because of this, she does not recall anything about the traffic and does not remember seeing the white van which a later visitor mentioned. She doesn’t remember anything unusual about the drive down the country road and up the Coast Highway to the city. She believes they were driving an old Mercedes her husband had fixed up.

An hour or two after they arrived home, she had a call from S, our neighbor at the farm, saying that Anna was missing and asking if Arlene would check her car to make sure Anna hadn’t hidden in the car. Though it seemed unlikely if not impossible, Arlene said, she checked the car, almost hoping that Anna had hidden away and that she would find her.

“I remember how upset you were when you found that she didn’t wear her coat,” Arlene said.

Her husband (now ex) rented a wetsuit and came back the next day to go through the creek. He spent several days with other divers, searching Purisima Creek.

The Searchingforanna.com bumper stickers have arrived, courtesy of SherlockJr, and anyone who sends a self-addressed business-size stamped envelope (first class, 41 cents) to Annasmom, Box 370462, Montara, CA 94037, may have one for free.

Doogie and I are working toward meeting our deadline for publishing the book, Searching for Anna, with Lulu. SherlockJr has heard from another adoptee she helped reunite with her birth parents. Posting on WebSleuths this week were Dr.Doogie, laini, PaulaKay, SherlockJr, GraceBlue, Cubby, Gina_M, browneyedgirl, mfangel1, mysteriew and AnnasUnc.

Annasmom has changed her email address (she finally got broadband), but she has not been able to post here. She and I are working to get it worked out with the admins, but she cannot post in the meantime.

Thanks Dr. Doogie. Do you know if she was able to get in touch with Lisa Montes to have Anna featured in the Squeaky Wheel concert on Sunday? I sent her the info in a pm so I'm not sure if she has access to that now.

Thanks Dr. Doogie. Do you know if she was able to get in touch with Lisa Montes to have Anna featured in the Squeaky Wheel concert on Sunday? I sent her the info in a pm so I'm not sure if she has access to that now.

Gina, I'm back. I sent Lisa an e-mail as soon as I got your PM, but I haven't heard back from her. I'm not sure what I needed to do other than to say it was fine with me, that I'd appreciate her featuring Anna in her concert.

Annasmom-

I think it is so neat you are still in touch with a lot of people you knew around the time Anna disappeared!
Is there a way you can get in touch with Arlene's ex-husband (wasn't his name Asya?) Just so you can get everyone's version of the story. He may have seen something while driving home?
Also, you said Arlene checked her car to see if Anna was hiding in there. Did anyone (other than Craig) check Craig's car?

Is there a way you can get in touch with Arlene's ex-husband (wasn't his name Asya?) Just so you can get everyone's version of the story. He may have seen something while driving home?

I believe that he currently lives in Crete - it may be difficult to locate him. Annasmom can provide more details about his whereabouts.

Also, you said Arlene checked her car to see if Anna was hiding in there. Did anyone (other than Craig) check Craig's car?

Annasmom can answer about who may have looked in Craig's car, but keep in mind that Craig was there for hours after Anna disappeared assisting with the search. If Anna had accidently gotten herself locked in his trunk, someone would have surely heard her yells. And as for the possibilty that Craig may incapacitated her and hid her in his trunk, the same problem arises - his car was smack dab in the middle of a major police search and sat there for such a period of time that someone would eventually heard her cries. And as for a worst case hypothesis, Craig arrives, immediately kills Anna and hides her body in his trunk: Why? This obviously doesn't fit with anything known about Craig and his history.

There is no record of any violence or deviance associated with Craig. And considering that he would have then, after commiting such a horrible act, calmly sat down and visited with Annasmom and Joe, then stayed for hours searching for Anna. Craig would have to have been one very cool customer - even to the point of maintaining a friendship with the family for another decade.

Craig, as the last person who we can verify as seeing Anna, is someone who is worth a look, but the evidence honestly doesn't point in his direction. I think he was someone who just happened to be there when something awful happened.

BTW: We are hoping to contact Craig very soon and see if there is anything that he may recall from that day that has slipped through the cracks. Stay tuned...

Thanks for your answers Doogie!

I agree Craig is probably just someone who was at the wrong place in the wrong time. I didnt realize he stayed there for hours after Anna disappeared, that was why I was asking if anyone had searched his car. He just happened to be the last person who saw Anna. I really really think its a great idea to locate him because he may remember something nobody remembers and it could be important for this case! I hope he is located soon!

I received my bumper sticker in the mail yesterday and placed it on my car immediately. I placed it at eye level of anyone sitting in a car behind me. The colors of the sticker match the colors at searchingforanna website.

Please send your self addressed stamped envelope to:

Annasmom
Box 370462
Montara, CA 94037

A Google search on "Anna Christian Waters" brings up more than 500 items. I have been checking these as I am able, to make sure that the information is accurate and that the site is reputable.

I've been compiling my own list of missing persons websites, and just now I came across one, created by a fellow Websleuther, that has an entry about Anna with one or two inaccuracies. Here's the link:

http://missingme.2007.angelfire.com/anna_waters.html

First, a small inaccuracy - Anna's half brother is described as her step brother. Second, there is a reference to Anna's father and his "homosexual lover". While this has been speculated upon, I didn't think Anna's family would want it stated as fact in a description of the case. I was not sure how Anna's family would want to approach this with the website owner, so I thought I would post it here.

Just noticed another thing - it mentions the couple in the car driving alongside Anna as she played in the yard. I thought she was out for a walk with her brothers? The wording also seems to imply that the couple in the car were seen on the same day Anna disappeared, instead of a month earlier.

P.S. In case anyone's confused about the title of the website that comes up (they mainly deal with the unidentified), this is in their "Missing Persons Spotlight" section.

I've been compiling my own list of missing persons websites, and just now I came across one, created by a fellow Websleuther, that has an entry about Anna with one or two inaccuracies. Here's the link:

http://missingme.2007.angelfire.com/anna_waters.html

First, a small inaccuracy - Anna's half brother is described as her step brother. Second, there is a reference to Anna's father and his "homosexual lover". While this has been speculated upon, I didn't think Anna's family would want it stated as fact in a description of the case. I was not sure how Anna's family would want to approach this with the website owner, so I thought I would post it here.
Just noticed another thing - it mentions the couple in the car driving alongside Anna as she played in the yard. I thought she was out for a walk with her brothers? The wording also seems to imply that the couple in the car were seen on the same day Anna disappeared, instead of a month earlier.
P.S. In case anyone's confused about the title of the website that comes up (they mainly deal with the unidentified), this is in their "Missing Persons Spotlight" section.
Thank you, Gina, for spotting this. All your comments are correct. The site doesn't seem to have any way to contact the poster. If you know who it is, would you let me know so that I can ask them to correct the listing? It is particularly regrettable that they use the term "homosexual lover", something which certainly is not documented or proven. I wish also they would be more tactful about a psychiatric diagnosis which is open to interpretation.

Any question about a sexual relationship between Waters and Brody is speculation at best. Until the mention of the one word of "Damron" in GW's notebook, we had zero reason to even to suspect such a relationship. And remember, in the late 1960's, Waters asked a gay friend to lie and say that he and Waters had had a sexual relationship in an effort to avoid the draft - if Waters was gay, no lying would have been necessary. It is conceivable that Brody, in his effort to dominate and control Waters, may have initiated some sort of sexual contact at a later date, but it would have been based on power, not emotion.

If the owner of the website sees these posts, please contact me so that we can correct the information. Thank you for the effort to spread the word about Anna. Together we can make sure the the true story is told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado