Weird happenings in our updated forums

Discussion in 'Forum Finesse' started by *02, Mar 22, 2007.

1. *02

*02 Former Member

Has anyone else had the weird joy of having to log in again to edit a post? Or to post at all? I was in the jury room, which you can only read if you're logged in, and went to reply to a post and it made me log in again twice. Also, is the forum logging you out after you've been idle for a while?

2. Loading...

3. *02

*02 Former Member

okay, I saw the thread in up to the minute about the problems. It's not a cookie issue- I clear them everytime I log out. I'll wait til Monday and see if it clears up.

4. capps

capps New Member

jodieo,

The only problem that I have expierenced that you mentioned,is the automatic logging off after I am idle (or reading) for a certain period of time,and have to log in again,if I want to post.You're not alone!

5. Amraann

Amraann Former Member

You will have to clear out your cookies :)

I was having the same issue.. Leave WS then open a browser page then (if using Internet exlorer ) go to tools > internet options > delete cookies

Then come back to WS and log in choosing the remember me button..

That should fix it :)

6. Kitty5001

Kitty5001 New Member

When I go to the index page of any topic (ex crimes in the news) , the topics used to be posted in date or posting order each day as new stories came in but now they are not anymore and you cannot tell where the new stuff is versus the already posted long ago stories- this is in all the places

here's an example:
    View Full Version : Up to the Minute
    Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    1. Marauding pit bulls attack six - 10 year old boy, Critical
    2. Hurricane Katrina to possibly become a Cat 4
    3. Donations for victims of Hurricane Katrina
    4. Hurricane Katrina Disaster Updates
    5. O/T: Help Katrina Victims
    6. Refugee Solution for Hurricane victims
    these are all old stories -the new ones each day that have not been read used to be bolded also- will this be fixed???

7. *02

*02 Former Member

hey Kitty,
    Have you checked yur settings in the UserCP? Click on edit options and scroll down to the 3rd box or so and it should have forum display options. Let me know if this helps.

8. Kitty5001

Kitty5001 New Member

Already tried that, it only applies to posts not to the subject or list of story screens. To see what new stories are listed under any category like 'crimes in the news' under archive you have to go to the very last page and it used to be listed as 1. 2. 3. in the first page.

9. *02

*02 Former Member

I posted this on the other thread. After your post here I really think that's what it is. The Last Post button is right under the Forum Tools link.