Welcome to Hawkshaw's Grudge Report

In my former son in law's case the people that were most responsible for the frame job met with the following:

JAMES BURKE: He was present at the courthouse rallying his people to give false testimony or until his neighbor Joe Careccia was going on the stand. Our lawyer saw him in the hallway and yelled out to him to come into the courtroom because this was going to be fun. That was the last we ever saw of him in the courtroom. Yeah, that would have been fun.

He has since gone to jail for what was essentially lying in the Loeb Case.

TOM SPOTA - Jimmy's mentor but I would say he was Burke's protege who has since been indicted for essentially the same crime and is scheduled to go to trial this coming November. The word is the FEDS are trying to get Burke to testify against him. He tried to get his plea deal reversed to avoid testifying his old pal Spota, but the FEDS saw right through that and the appeal was denied.

LT.JAMES HICKEY - He testified at the trial and lied through his teeth. Lies that even a 6 year old could understand. IAB refused to review his testimony. But three cops were there when he testified and they left with their mouths agape with one saying: They are railroading him (SIL) and this could happen to any of us. They said they came to 'see for themselves' and boy did they see a lot. They were quickly admonished by Hickey and then PC Dormer. The intent was obvious: Keep your mouths shut - or else.

SCOTT PRUDENTI - After 30 years in the DA office DA Sini made sure it would never happen again. He fired him! He was the guy that rented out his 47' foot boat to lawyers with cases before the office. Big joke in the legal industry is the boat never left the dock. It was so funny that some guys had tee-shirts made up with the Logo: The Boat That Never Leaves The Dock.

Couldn't agree more about Marty...poor man was really but a kid when he was falsely convicted.

When Tankleff was finally freed the Dean of Touro Law School wrote an op-ed for one of the newspapers. He said the system worked because Tankleff has been freed. UN-believable. I wrote him a very harsh email and asked him why does he think the system worked after a man spent 17 years in jail for a crime he didn't do.

Many of you folks that know the case probably don't know Tankleff has NEVER been cleared of the murders. You can thank the then AG Cuomo for that. The court reversed and the door was open to prosecute if the AG decided.

Yeah, the system 'works.'

Tricia, Hawkshaw,

Thank you both for this thread.

If you will recall, I was getting my teeth into this case and trying to figure out what was going on behind the scenes as far as sex parties and gatherings go.

After all, there is another group of men who call themselves hobbyists and do similar things in my city. They meet up in bars to compare prostitutes they’ve visited and hold parties in hotel rooms with their favourite prostitutes. Given the nature of “hobbyists” I am sure that the party Leanne spoke about can’t have been the only time these men were all together in the same room.

So that was the angle from which I was approaching this case from the start.

Anyway, I probably rattled a few cages poking around in the LISK case because the next thing I know I’m having online accounts hacked and really nasty things being put into my personal details. Maybe it was a coincidence but I decided to take a step back from the case (I still have a couple of binders full of info though). And what do you know!? The online harassment all stops.

Would it be too cheeky of me to ask for a recap of anything important from the past year?

Last edited:
When Tankleff was finally freed the Dean of Touro Law School wrote an op-ed for one of the newspapers. He said the system worked because Tankleff has been freed. UN-believable. I wrote him a very harsh email and asked him why does he think the system worked after a man spent 17 years in jail for a crime he didn't do.

Many of you folks that know the case probably don't know Tankleff has NEVER been cleared of the murders. You can thank the then AG Cuomo for that. The court reversed and the door was open to prosecute if the AG decided.

Yeah, the system 'works.'

Good for you, Hackshaw; I'm so glad to hear that you wrote a sharply-worded (and I hope highly critical) response to the Dean's op-ed. Of all the cases of false imprisonment, Marty's case and the 7 or 8 black adolescents who were railroaded for rape and murder in a parking garage in Chicago in the early 80s and who are still all in prison but 1 (the name of the case escapes me right now), but those 2 crimes and the resulting cases stick with me most.

A couple of other cases are kicking around the neighborhood that may soon be the subject of exposes.

I don't think the Karina Vetrano murder case has run its course. A lot more to consider....or so I hear.

You folks remember the Palm Sunday massacre in Brooklyn? I think that one is coming up for another look.

A couple of other cases are kicking around the neighborhood that may soon be the subject of exposes.

I don't think the Karina Vetrano murder case has run its course. A lot more to consider....or so I hear.

You folks remember the Palm Sunday massacre in Brooklyn? I think that one is coming up for another look.

Can you elaborate on this information Hackshaw?
I’m interested.

Last edited:
PHOTOGRAPH OF EPSTEIN'S BODY. It's been a long time since I saw a suicide by hanging.
Frankly, all that I looked at when arriving on the scene was a person with a ligature around the neck and to determine if that person was dead. If there were any causes that led to the hanging ( blunt force trauma, etc) I left to the experts.

The picture of Epstein was on his back on a gurney. The left ear seemed to be damaged and covered with coagulated blood. I just don't know if the trauma of strangulation would cause blood to flow to and out the ears. When you are dead the blood pretty much stops flowing.

Why all the blood in the ear because there seemed to be plenty of it.

Was there any liver mortis on the lower extremities of the body. That doesn't start until after a 1/2 after the body is dead.

Any experts out there who know something about this?

SPOTA TO GO ON TRIAL NOVEMBER 12TH.

This should be fun. However, I believe he will try to wiggle out of it by using some feeble excuse. Some folks don't believe he will cop out to avoid a longer sentence. I don't see him going to trial with the evidence the FEDS seem to have against him.

I hope he doesn't plead out because it will be an absolute delight watching Suffolk's Finest testify against him. I will get special delight to hear and watch the Ratman testify against him and McPartland.

SPOTA TO GO ON TRIAL NOVEMBER 12TH.

This should be fun. However, I believe he will try to wiggle out of it by using some feeble excuse. Some folks don't believe he will cop out to avoid a longer sentence. I don't see him going to trial with the evidence the FEDS seem to have against him.

I hope he doesn't plead out because it will be an absolute delight watching Suffolk's Finest testify against him. I will get special delight to hear and watch the Ratman testify against him and McPartland.

Thank you for the update! Keep us posted... We will enjoy the fun with ya!

The FEDS should carefully prep the Ratman's testimony. You see the Ratman doesn't know how to tell the truth. It will be a novel experience. I'm glad the Ratman didn''t have the guts to kill himself, I would have been happy to help him.

Spota should try and destroy Ratman with the well known stories how he and his partner used to bring suspects to open graves for next day burials and stick a gun in their mouths. Everybody knows that in Suffolk. I mean how can you trust a cop with that reputation? LL

There may be up to 10 cops that will testify against Spota......or Tom or Tommy as he was known as. Ratman was a classic liar. He was such a bad cop a judg threw out a case with a 'confession'' after evidence was produced he knocked the teeth out of the suspect's mouth with a blackjack ( case of Freeman) and hung him by his arms rear cuffed.

I mean how could you believe such nefarious characters/cops . OK, they aren't as bad as a priest and two nuns labeled by Judge Braslow in the Tankleff 440 motion when the judge called them nefarious scoundrels.

If Tom wants me to testify in his defense about the character of the cops that are slated to testify against him I would be glad to do it.

Tommy, please,please don't take a plea and go to trial and let it all come out once and for all. We got cheated when your Boy-Toy Jimmy copped out.

All I ask of the FEDS is when they put Ratman on the stand they ask him if he lied about the burglary in my son in law's case. Who told him to lie and why did he lie? If only that was done more than 12 years ago and you good folks would never had endured the torture of Hawkshaw's million words of so.

what a great defense for Spota. According to court records there are at least 10 cops that have been arrested for lying to the FEDS. I am certain Ratman is a primary liar in the Spota case. Not that he is lying about Spota but he is a liar so how can he be expected to tell the truth when he is saving his own behind. I'll testify for $150 an hour. Spota's lawyer gets around $`1500.00

SPOTA'S TRIAL : I think if the Suffolk DA Sini is sincere about WrongFul Convictions he should show up at Spota's trial - he might get some clues as to how many such cases are at there. All he can seem to find so far is a case that went back 44 years about a man who spent 33 years in jail for a crime he most likely didn't commit.

He should team up with OJ because OJ has a team looking for the killer of his wife.

the press conference reminds me of an old Polish joke - How many Poles does it take to screw in a light bulb. How many hot shot law enforcement figures does it take to tell us they found a belt with initials of HW or WH - It's ALL a pile of BS.

I thought so too...presser shut down when someone asked what size the belt was (IIRC) and there was confusion about the embossing...either the leather belt is embossed or not....who was the guy that killed himself in downtown Riverhead maybe ten years ago ? He had been involved in a lot of revitalizing the downtown area and had gone bankrupt.....a bartender I know had read The Lost Girls and we were discussing it.....two retired cops overheard us and told us that the LISK would not be tried bc he was already dead and mentioned that guy...…...Hawks my wise friend have you ever heard this ?

I the
the guy you are talking about did die about the same day they found SG's body. That guy's partner in one of the businesses died by suicide.

If you care to search the archives on this Board you will find a post where I predicted the murder would be 'solved ' by blaming it on a dead guy. That was quickly changed by Spota who said one can't rely on the Internet

I the
the guy you are talking about did die about the same day they found SG's body. That guy's partner in one of the businesses died by suicide.

If you care to search the archives on this Board you will find a post where I predicted the murder would be 'solved ' by blaming it on a dead guy. That was quickly changed by Spota who said one can't rely on the Internet

Wow, he waas definitely looking! Many years ago, when I was more active on this board, I was contacted by a journalist who wanted to dig deeper using my theory. o_O

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back