Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Discussion in 'Welcome To Websleuths' started by Tricia, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steleheart

Steleheart WS Liaison Staff Member WS Liason

Sorry my sig is so long, LOL So let me give it a try...

Emoji people trying to deal with smiley people - [​IMG]

2. Wire154a

Wire154a Former Member

Yes, Watched Threads and History as well. Much work to navigate. The old New Posts had all the info one would need. Here, it's highly visible but essentially worth little to me.

3. Reba

Reba Member

Yes, thank you. I can get to all my watched/subscribed threads, it’s just so cumbersome and every place to “click” is so small, and I’m kinda blind-ish :). I may be nitpicking, but I liked the ease of a mobile format. Especially when I should be working, but I’m viewing WS cases. Don’t tell my boss ;)

4. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

Lmao... so we are mice and cockroaches? Can I at least be the mouse? It took me a hot minute to realize that isn't a pink cat.

Anyway, I actually don't see signatures, I must have changed my setting when the platform first changed and I was fumbling around trying to familiarize myself.

This morning I was again not receiving notifications on some of my watched threads, but I did get notifications on said threads last night. I can't figure out if I am doing something wrong or what.

Steleheart likes this.
  5. Steleheart

I can't figure it out either but I don't think it's erratic - seems I had no alerts then when I clicked on something else and went back I had 10 and they were all different time stamps, so it wasn't all at once. I just can't remember what else I clicked when the alerts showed up. Something similar happened with Watched Threads.

Over time we will see. (It is a pink cat BTW trying to step on a mouse.)

Niner and CARIIS like this.
  6. Eleven_11

Eleven_11 Well-Known Member

If you bookmark the all watched threads page on your phone it’s much easier! (https://www.websleuths.com/forums/watched/threads/all)

Then at the top you see all threads with new replies and below those you see watched threads with no new replies...similar to how it was on Tapatalk.

7. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

Oh.... I guess I misunderstood what it meant. I can't hover on the iPad. Sorry for any confusion, and thank you for the corrected meaning.

Niner and CARIIS like this.
  8. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

On an iPad if you tap on a members name a window will open with the users member since, messages, likes received, trophy points and if the member is online it will state what they are currently viewing.

Niner, Gardener1850 and Spellbound like this.
  9. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

Signatures show up when you turn the phone sideways.

I know I keep saying this, (maybe I should have it in a signature? :) ) but if you are on a phone, I suggest to do that before saying "where's such and such?".

I thought it was a cat and mouse.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  10. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...

Microsoft did several major updates today on my desktop. Websleuths now has a totally different appearance for me - sleek, streamlined - love it :)

Niner, CARIIS, Gardener1850 and 2 others like this.
  11. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

I wasn’t complaining about not seeing signatures, nor was I looking for a way to be able to see them. Thank you though.

Eta - it’s a mouse and cockroach

CARIIS and Steleheart like this.
  12. Gooddeeds

Gooddeeds Former Member

Can you give us a peek at it? Screenshot?

angelainwi, CARIIS and dixiegirl1035 like this.
  13. Steleheart

You're right now that I look back - it's from the category Pink Mouse not Pink Cat. My bad
    pink mouse emoticons | Emoticoner.com

CARIIS and Gardener1850 like this.
  14. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

Really? Nothing looks different here. Sigh....

15. casesensitive

casesensitive Well-Known Member

Please don't hate me if this has been answered before. I am overwhelmed by trying to read everything. Is there a way to see a list of all the posts you have made? Is there a way to see a list of the posts that you thanked,or like now?

Gooddeeds, CARIIS and SeesSeas like this.
  16. CARIIS

CARIIS Spelling Bee Winner - Kindergarden!

From day one I am amazed that many of you can tell if a post has been removed!

Ha I am such an idiot I just accidently discovered those magnificent little green dots that take one the latest post -- just awesome !

17. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Tap or click on Members (top of page), type in your user name in the search bar (right side of page), tap or click on your name. A page will open with different tabs that will have the info you’re looking for. You can also enter another members name in the search to see their posts.

CARIIS and casesensitive like this.
  18. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Click on you user name in blue in the upper right corner. A screen will come up with a Members tab highlighted in black at the top. There will be several white tabs-- "Profile Posts", "Recent Activity", "Postings" and "Information". Click on the Postings tab to see all your recent posts. Recent activity shows everything you have done recently including your posts and your likes. Under the Information tab you can also choose to see all your posts or all your threads.

You can also use the History tab (On the black bar under the forums menu), which will show you the last 20 threads you have visited. If you want to just any see new posts from the threads you have commented on in the past go to "Watched threads" -- on the same black bar next to "History".

CARIIS and casesensitive like this.
  19. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

I guess thats the problem with emoticons as has been mentioned with crying/laughing. It is in the eyes of the user and beholder. You meant cat and mouse but used mouse and cockroach?

CARIIS, Gardener1850 and Steleheart like this.
  20. Shiressleuth

Shiressleuth On Time Out

I didn't suggest you were complaining. You said you couldn't see signatures so I suggested what to do. Are you using a phone? If so did it work?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    CARIIS and Tippy Lynn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.