Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Discussion in 'Welcome To Websleuths' started by Tricia, May 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tssiemer

Tssiemer Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned getting glasses. I have an eye appointment I made after this site launched lol. I’m only 32 and have glasses. On my laptop the font is so small I have to magnify it lol.

Gooddeeds, CARIIS, Spellbound and 3 others like this.

2. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Please understand we are doing the best we can. We had several very big issues we needed to take care of and now we are trying to tackle your issues as fast and as best we can.

Woe.be.gone, Suglo, misgrn and 8 others like this.
  3. Tricia

We will be removing all video ads until we can figure out a way the ads will not drain your batteries or cause problems with your ability to post.

The removal of the ads will take place by the end of the day.

Woe.be.gone, Suglo, misgrn and 16 others like this.
  4. Tricia

If you are having issues with Websleuths timing out here is what we need from you:

*A screenshot of what your screen shows when you are timed out

*As close as possible to the exact time the timeout happened

Thank you,
    Tricia

Gooddeeds, CARIIS, Spellbound and 5 others like this.
  5. Tricia

Those ads should not be showing up on Websleuths.

Could you please take a screenshot of the ad Ranch and say where the ad is appearing? In what thread and where in the thread? If not in a specific thread then where on the forum?

Thank you,
    Tricia

Suglo, Gooddeeds, CARIIS and 3 others like this.
  6. Tricia

Dear Everyone,

Please know that we are working daily on Websleuths along with any issues that may be coming up.

I came to Los Angeles for Websleuths business and was out of contact for several days. I'm now finally catching up on everything.

We ask for your patience. There are many things going on behind the scenes that take up our time. Things that have to do with keeping Websleuths running. We are not a big corporate company with a huge paid staff.

While your criticisms sting, they have the truth. I wish we could get to all your complaints in a much quicker manner.
    I will do my best to come on this thread at least once a day to post an update. If I miss a day please know it's not because I am out partying. It's because something else on Websleuths needed to be taken care of right then and there.

Thank you for sticking with us.

Tricia

Woe.be.gone, Suglo, Niner and 11 others like this.
  7. Tricia

CARIIS, Steleheart and Wire154a like this.
  8. Tricia

Keep in mind it may be something on your iPad and therefore something we cannot fix. It seems that this is mostly happening on iPads which I just do not understand.

If you could please write down what thread you are trying to post on and what time this happens. That way we can cross check and see if there are issues with ads on that page. Please post the info here when you can.

Thanks,
    Tricia

Gooddeeds, byo, Wire154a and 3 others like this.
  9. Tricia

As far as the thread there is a good chance it was pulled since the girl in question was a minor. We pull all missing person's threads if the person is found alive and a minor. This is to protect their privacy when they try and look for work or apply to a school. The last thing they want to pop up in a Google search is the time they went missing for whatever reason.
    Tricia

jggordo, Wire154a, CARIIS and 6 others like this.
  10. Tricia

This should not be. Can you tell me how long ago this happened? If it happened a while ago then the problem has been fixed. If it happened yesterday then we need to look into it again

11. badgersmythe

badgersmythe Well-Known Member

I took a screenshot when it happened yesterday. I’ll send it you.

CARIIS and Spellbound like this.
  12. Tricia

Wire154a,

Thank you for compiling this list. It is very helpful. I really appreciate your patience and your willingness to go the extra mile.

The big problem is not everyone is having a problem. Where one member says they are leaving because it is so bad another member says they are having no problem at all.

Here are a few things I can answer for you on your list:

*I totally agree with everyone. Im a long time lurker and lagging, videos playing in the background, battery drain and hot phone is making me so frustrated to the point, i havent been coming on here much apart from this thread to see if its been fixed yet. excuse any typing mistakes my phone is glitching as i reply.

When we remove the video ads I think you are going to see several problems disappear. I would venture to guess the lag time issue, the freezing up issue and maybe even the timing out issue might all go away when the video ads are removed.

*Nothing now can be deleted entirely.
    You should be able to delete your post within one hour (maybe two) of the creation of your post. I know you can edit in that time frame. Let me double check on this and make sure of the setting

*Another thing of note for me is the "like" vs "thanks for your post". Many posts are for links or comments to horrific things. I feel uncomfortable about "liking"
    them, and would rather have stuck with thank you for your contribution to the thread.

Unfortunately, this is a Xen Foro issue. The only thing they offer is "like". I agree with what you are saying. I wish we could go back to "Thank You" but there is no option available.

To all of you who have been helping other members figure out their issues thank you very much. It is a great help to those of us working behind the scenes to know you all are helping each other.
    Take Care,
    Tricia

angelainwi, Niner, misgrn and 12 others like this.
  13. Wire154a

Wire154a Former Member

Thanks, Tricia.

14. Jax49

Jax49 Florida Native

Test - can post be deleted?

ETA: If there is a way to delete I can't find it.

15. jggordo

jggordo Well-Known Member

I understand. The thing about this particular case is that the male suspect is still MIA. I believe it was found that the girl went willingly. Mostly the fact that her Grandfather was shot and left after they took off. I believe there should be follow up on this one in that this is not just a foolish thing a kid did with an older guy and goes away with the juvie records. Grandpa nearly died.

JMO

CARIIS and Gardener1850 like this.
  16. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

I didn't even realize that thread had been pulled already. Good news, is the suspect was arrested: Man charged after Amber Alert issued for missing 15-year-old Kansas City girl
    But now there is no thread to post this update on.

17. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Can't you double tap to Zoom?

KaaBoom likes this.
  18. Eleven_11

Eleven_11 Well-Known Member

For the last week or so, and CONSTANTLY today, I’m getting “This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred.” (iPhone on Safari) I went through and wiped my cache and cookies and it’s still happening. I’ll report back later when the ads come down to see if that fixes it.

Gooddeeds, neesaki, CARIIS and 5 others like this.
  19. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

Good idea, but no .... it doesn't work here. IPad does have a setting for changing font sizes, but the web page has to support "Dynamic Type".

@Tricia ---- can this be made to work with "Dynamic Type"?

CARIIS and bluesneakers like this.
  20. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Do you have Zoom turned on under Accessibility?

ETA I found instructions

How to Zoom In and Out on iPad - dummies

KaaBoom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.