Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same issue as Tortoise with the site timing out. Happened again this morning.
Same. Using I phone. Then it keeps logging me out (which it still always does- wish I knew how to fix it) every five minutes. Also seems slow or glitchy.
If it happens again just to note that Tricia has asked for screen shots and the time it happens.

I remain confused as to how the software people themselves create a whole platform and dont have a delete button on anything !!

Noone is perfect ha !

Same here! How have they survived in a digital First to Market industry? I would think they would not want this type of consumer experience taking place at all?

Mines running fine today. I’ve also discovered a little blue x in the corner of the ads that if I press I get the choice to stop seeing that add. Not sure if it’s always been there as my eyesight isn’t great, but I can press that on the dating ones if they appear again.

Tonight has been bad!

Webpage keeps reloading.
I hit backspace once and four lines erase.
Can only see several lines of post, rest is black space.
When I type, letters do not appear on page, they collect in an inner space and then appear when typing is complete.
Page keeps automatically scrolling up
IPads do not have control button, neither do phones. that I am aware of.

I'm having all the same problems which make it nearly impossible to post because this site is constantly reloading. Most of the time I'm using an iPad with Safari.

I discovered if I disable Java Script and refresh the Websleuths page the ads go away along with all the problems. This isn't ideal because you can't view videos and attachments or sites like FB that rely on Java Script. But it's a breeze to scroll, read and post.

I think when Websleuths finds a fix for the ads, that should solve most of our problems.

There are a bunch of suggestions on this page both from the writer and the commenters and some have had success. Seems like it is a common problem:

https://appletoolbox.com/2015/10/a-problem-occurred-with-this-webpage-so-it-was-reloaded-fix/
That’s the exact webpage I came across yesterday and I tried everything on the page to no avail.

I think this is the key quote. “If you see this message when trying to load only certain websites or pages, it’s highly likely that there are issues with that particular site or page you are trying to visit. And unfortunately, there’s not much you can do if there’s a problem with the website or page–other than letting the site owner know of the problem, so they fix it.”

If you google safari keeps reloading pages ipad, there are TONS of results.

My battery is running pretty hot today even with the browser. Also slow to load & jumping. I'm on a Samsung.

this is confusing to me how does something make a battery hotter and something less hot my understanding is on is on and off is off

can someone explain why one platform would do that more than another

how does a battery know what site someone is on??

A car would not overheat on 5th street but does on 6th street

i am not understanding something here

11:15 AM EST Today (June 26, 2018)
View attachment 136862

I refreshed the page and the site came back, but getting kicked off like this makes it hard to read and post. I'm on a laptop using Firefox browser.

years ago i was on firefox and it kept happening swithched to chrome and it stopped

pretty sure you can just download chrome and try it and go from there

i was hesitant to do it cause i did not want to deal with layout changes but it was worth it

this is confusing to me how does something make a battery hotter and something less hot my understanding is on is on and off is off

can someone explain why one platform would do that more than another

how does a battery know what site someone is on??

A car would not overheat on 5th street but does on 6th street

i am not understanding something here
From one non-tech person to another, it sounds to me as if background stuff is making the battery work harder, draining the juice. Like one street is sitting in heavy traffic and the other street is a clear run downhill.

Mines running fine today. I’ve also discovered a little blue x in the corner of the ads that if I press I get the choice to stop seeing that add. Not sure if it’s always been there as my eyesight isn’t great, but I can press that on the dating ones if they appear again.

oh come on now press the x if you start to have the same problem as the bras and then mens underwear before you hit the x on the dates ha

years ago i was on firefox and it kept happening swithched to chrome and it stopped

pretty sure you can just download chrome and try it and go from there

i was hesitant to do it cause i did not want to deal with layout changes but it was worth it

I never had any problems with Firefox before this and it is only happening on Websleuths.
I have Chrome but I don't like it, lol. I think others have posted in this thread that Chrome is giving them problems too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member