Welcome To Websleuths # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Recent thread’ along with the other right next to it, were mentioned for removal many times, as they were synonymous.

I don’t recall any request for ‘History’ to be pulled? It’s used by many and often on the site now due to trying to find threads overall. Watched and Unwatched are a nuisance, just an additional step to getting to our threads. For that reason alone History is productive. IMO

The only time I've looked at history is by accident. I love Watched Threads and New Posts.

New Post, yes. Watched thread, yes. But Unwatched thread is useless.

History is helpful for most that use it simply for quick-glance bypass.

Birthdays-a waste of space, if space is an issue or not. IMO

New Post, yes. Watched thread, yes. But Unwatched thread is useless.

History is helpful for most that use it simply for quick-glance bypass.

Birthdays-a waste of space, if space is an issue or not. IMO

I don't see an Unwatched tab. Where do you see it?

My History is gone??? :( (Yes, I saw that Dave told us -- thanks for that, or I would have thought something went wrong on my end) but .... I feel like crying .... :( it's my most useful navigation tool. I do hope this is only temporary. Did I tell you I could :( Big fat alligator :( Tears?

Actually, Watched Threads is similar, isn't it? All that groaning for nothing... oopsie-do. :D Tears are gone, I can still find my favs --- except history was only one page and this is at least six. A litle harder, but workable as a temporary bump. Call it WS acne...

Sighhh ... so hard to be patient when you really have no choice. Hoping all is top-notch soon. Thanks for being persistent in trying to bring it all together as smoothly as possible.

@WS Admin, Dave, could you maybe have a tech thread to just list whatever problems someone might be having each day, with no discussion? Would that make it easier for you to know exactly what is going wrong without the chit-chatty stuff that ends up here? Would there be a way to add "I have this same problem" to posts instead of repeating it over and over? Just trying to come up with a way to save you a little aggravation, if possible. 'Welcome to WS" has become the corner for a litle of everything, venting, praising, suggesting, etc.

Last edited:
My History is gone??? :( (Yes, I saw that Dave told us -- thanks for that, or I would have thought something went wrong on my end) but .... I feel like crying .... :( it's my most useful navigation tool. I do hope this is only temporary. Did I tell you I could :( Big fat alligator :( Tears?

Actually, Watched Threads is similar, isn't it? All that groaning for nothing... oopsie-do. :D Tears are gone, I can still find my favs --- except history was only one page and this is at least six. A litle harder, but workable as a temporary bump. Call it WS acne...

Sighhh ... so hard to be patient when you really have no choice. Hoping all is top-notch soon. Thanks for being persistent in trying to bring it all together as smoothly as possible.

@WS Admin, Dave, could you maybe have a tech thread to just list whatever problems someone might be having each day, with no discussion? Would that make it easier for you to know exactly what is going wrong without the chit-chatty stuff that ends up here? Would there be a way to add "I have this same problem" to posts instead of repeating it over and over? Just trying to come up with a way to save you a little aggravation, if possible. 'Welcome to WS" has become the corner for a litle of everything, venting, praising, suggesting, etc.

Returning dialogue is constructive in keeping communication lines open and ongoing. Going to another thread is more time used and another hip-hop step to what’s already very frustrating for all involved. I vote for keeping it simple.

‘Unread watched threads and Watched threads’

Watched threads is enough, we can decide if we want to read them or not. Dividing them is rudimentary.

Oh, ok, I do have that. What's the difference between Watched Threads and History? I never looked closely at History.

History were all the threads you looked at even if they are not on your watch or subscribed list. Edited to add that they were in chronological order you looked at them.

OK, that's probably why I didn't like it. No need to see a thread again if I'm not interested it.

LOL I only used it when I would forget to follow a new thread one of you would link while posting in another thread. That’s how I find some super interesting older cases to follow :)

I find both of those type threads in New Posts

History kept my top-threads easily accessible without having to scroll through pages of tiny print to find them. It was my preferred "home page" for WS. Now I get an error when I come from my desktop shortcut. Sigh

Returning dialogue is constructive in keeping communication lines open and ongoing. Going to another thread is more time used and another hip-hop step to what’s already very frustrating for all involved. I vote for keeping it simple.

Oh yes! I agree. I didn't mean to imply we shouldn't talk about our experience with the site here. Oh no, not at all! I find with so many using different devices that we often have a different view of pages, etc., and what goes wrong for me may not be what goes wrong for another.

History were all the threads you looked at even if they are not on your watch or subscribed list. Edited to add that they were in chronological order you looked at them.

That's probably why they were disabled - sounds like it has to be stored in the DB (and you don't want infinite history, probably), so it would take up space/time, then the query has to have a join between the thread number and thread information like title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆