Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a recent activity button? I swear we all have different versions to make us think we're going a little bit crazy :D

It doesn't surprise me, I never could find the activity stream at the old house.
Recent activity can also be found in the quick navigation menu which you get to by clicking on the small arrow in the orange border thing at both top and bottom of pages. The old one was a tiny house looking symbol beside the home button in upper left of page.

Recent activity can also be found in the quick navigation menu which you get to by clicking on the small arrow in the orange border thing at both top and bottom of pages. The old one was a tiny house looking symbol beside the home button in upper left of page.

Thank you! I never clicked on that little arrow!

This is so cool! Thank you! That little arrow makes navigating so much faster. I'm always following the breadcrumbs at the top back to the main menu then scrolling down, which takes several clicks. Using the little arrow eliminates that. So handy!

Thank you! I never clicked on that little arrow!
In the new software there appear to be lots of hidden tiny gems that you have to click on to see what they do (dots, arrows, etc). They are so small that they go unnoticed. For instance, it took a while for me to notice that the tiny arrow on the gray bar quoting someone would take you to their original post. Another one is the arrow between the page numbers skips back a few pages.

I agree--having the likes in there is useless. @WS Admin , can the likes be removed from Recent Activity? Then it will be just like the old Activity Stream which was my second favorite way to look at WS after looking at my subscribed threads.

I agree. We can see the likes, if we want to, just by going to the recent posts. But no need to see each 'like' we get, on the alert list. In my opinion anyway. MOO

Just realized that if you have someone on ignore, and they start a thread, the thread is completely hidden even when a non-ignored person posts on it.

Can that be changed?

How long are we going to have to look at that cringeworthy ad about health that shows that nasty boil or pimple or whatever? It's making me want to hurl.

I agree--having the likes in there is useless. @WS Admin , can the likes be removed from Recent Activity? Then it will be just like the old Activity Stream which was my second favorite way to look at WS after looking at my subscribed threads.

I agree. We can see the likes, if we want to, just by going to the recent posts. But no need to see each 'like' we get, on the alert list. In my opinion anyway. MOO

I think you and Gardenista are talking about 2 different things. You can change your alert settings so that you do NOT get alerts for likes on your posts.

Gardenista was referencing the "Recent Activity" feed which seems to show everyone's activity for the entire board, including every "like". It's similar to a giant facebook or twitter feed for every user.

I find I don't really look at the "recent activity" tab very often because it is mostly people liking things and it's not very useful (to me) for finding content. Perhaps it will be useful for times when the board is very slow and you want to find where people are posting/who is active on the board. IDK.

OK Everyone,

I will start a new thread later on today. We'll tackle your concerns and more.
Please do not think we are ignoring you. Not at all. Dave is extremely busy with adjustments that need to finished @.
Thank you all for pitching in and helping others on this thread.
Back later :) Thank you for your patience!
Tricia

I think you and Gardenista are talking about 2 different things. You can change your alert settings so that you do NOT get alerts for likes on your posts.

Gardenista was referencing the "Recent Activity" feed which seems to show everyone's activity for the entire board, including every "like". It's similar to a giant facebook or twitter feed for every user.

I find I don't really look at the "recent activity" tab very often because it is mostly people liking things and it's not very useful (to me) for finding content. Perhaps it will be useful for times when the board is very slow and you want to find where people are posting/who is active on the board. IDK.

OOPS. I think you are right. And I will go and change my alert settings, thank you.

Comparing Recent Activity to a FB or Twitter feed is a great comparison. A snippet of the post is shown and you can click on it if you want to see more. The difference is that the Likes on Twitter and FB are not broken out by user because, overall, it's pretty useless information. I hope it can be changed to how it was on the old site without the likes.

It works!
congratualtions-smiley.gif
@Spellbound you have made my day! :D (Haven't found the "thanks" one yet, lol)

Page 11.... yes, I made a list! LOL!

AnaPisces said:
Although, Niner, you have 40 people following you! Not 5!

YIKES!!

Hatfield said:
And thanks so much for recently adding the "Upload a File" tab to one of our Private threads. We really appreciate that. :)

YES!!
thank-you-smiley.gif

happy-smiley.gif

more to read here....

@Tricia .....can you tell us if are we going to get a color other than orange, or will we be stuck with this current theme? I find the orange to have a bad pull on vision, almost to the point of a disco-ball sensation. Thanks for considering a change, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee