Werner Herzog documentary on Darlie - On Death Row

I tried to go back over all of Darlie's testimony a few days ago. (I didn't review Darin's testimony.) I read Darlie referring to green and white checkered towels, and what the boys were sleeping on (pillowcases). She testified Devon was sleeping on the Power Ranger pillowcase, and Damon sleeping on a pillow with a blue pillowcase.

I reviewed this again this evening, and she does not refer to these being pillowcases, my mistake. She testified:

10 A. Devon had a Power Ranger pillow, about
11 right about here. And he had his head here, with his
12 legs going towards the TV.
13 Damon was on a gold pillow down here
14 by the couch, his head was on the gold pillow, with his
15 feet facing towards the couch, and he had a blue pillow
16 and he was laying there with his little black kitten

Is that picture authentic I didn't know darlie had a knife in her back.

That's actually not what Koschak testified to at all...

And, under direct examination he testified to the following:

2 Q. All right. Did you note some injuries
3 to her?
4 A. Yes, sir.
5 Q. What sort of injuries did you note
6 inside the house?
7 A. I noted -- I removed the rag and
8 noticed a large laceration to the neck area, and also a
9 laceration to the arm.

He did remove a rag inside the house, per his testimony. Prior to this, he describes where Darlie was when he went to her:

14 Q. And when you got over there, was she
15 still was standing up, sitting down, what is she doing?
16 A. She's kneeling near Officer Waddell,
17 near the bar still.
18 Q. All right. Is she closer to the entry
19 hallway or closer to the sliding glass door?
20 A. Closer to the sliding glass door.

3 to her?
4 A. Yes, sir.
6 inside the house?
9 laceration to the arm.

He did remove a rag inside the house, per his testimony. Prior to this, he describes where Darlie was when he went to her:

17 near the bar still.

Okay. He removed the rag to view her wound which could simply mean he pulled the rag back to view her wound. But let's go with your theory. He removes the rag to look at her wound and lays it on the floor. At what point did Darlie grab another rag to put over her neck before being taken to the porch to have that rag removed? There certainly isn't any testimony that after Koschak removed the first rag she went to the kitchen to get another one.

Furthermore, he is a trained paramedic. He's not going to remove the one thing that is applying pressure to her wound and then have her walk to the front porch.

3 to her?
4 A. Yes, sir.
6 inside the house?
9 laceration to the arm.

17 near the bar still.

And just to make it abundantly clear...

15 Q. Okay. When you assisted Mrs. Routier
16 to the front porch, was the towel still on her neck?
17 A. Yes, sir.
18 Q. You are sure about that?
19 A. Yes, sir. I removed it on the front
20 porch.

. But let's go with your theory. He removes the rag to look at her wound and lays it on the floor. At what point did Darlie grab another rag to put over her neck before being taken to the porch to have that rag removed? There certainly isn't any testimony that after Koschak removed the first rag she went to the kitchen to get another one.

Furthermore, he is a trained paramedic. He's not going to remove the one thing that is applying pressure to her wound and then have her walk to the front porch.

First, that is not my theory. I simply wanted to post that Koschak did indeed, on direct exam, state that he removed a rag from Darlie inside the house. He wasn't asked to elaborate on what he did with the one he says he removed inside the home. And no, I would certainly not believe that once he removed that rag that Darlie went to grab another.

First, that is not my theory. I simply wanted to post that Koschak did indeed, on direct exam, state that he removed a rag from Darlie inside the house. He wasn't asked to elaborate on what he did with the one he says he removed inside the home. And no, I would certainly not believe that once he removed that rag that Darlie went to grab another.

Whether it came out on direct examination or cross examination, the fact remains, Koschak's testimony is that he removed the rag on the porch and left it lay there... On the porch.

And the purpose of my post was to show how the Darlie fact and fiction website intentionally misleads the readers. Yes, Koschak testified he removed the rag in the house and that is what the site uses to prove their theory that the rag near Damon was the one Darlie used on herself and not on Damon. They intentionally leave out the fact that Koschak makes it very clear. The rag she was using was on her neck as they left the house. He then removed it and left it lay on the porch.

Whether it came out on direct examination or cross examination, the fact remains, Koschak's testimony is that he removed the rag on the porch and left it lay there... On the porch.

And the purpose of my post was to show how the Darlie fact and fiction website intentionally misleads the readers. Yes, Koschak testified he removed the rag in the house and that is what the site uses to prove their theory that the rag near Damon was the one Darlie used on herself and not on Damon. They intentionally leave out the fact that Koschak makes it very clear. The rag she was using was on her neck as they left the house. He then removed it and left it lay on the porch.

Ok, I certainly do not see anything in Koschak's testimony regarding the color of the rag. But note that his testimony also does not prove that the rag you are referring to by Damon is indeed one that was used on him either. Darlie did testify that she used multiple rags that night.....on herself.

Ok, I certainly do not see anything in Koschak's testimony regarding the color of the rag. But note that his testimony also does not prove that the rag you are referring to by Damon is indeed one that was used on him either. Darlie did testify that she used multiple rags that night.....on herself.

She never said she used multiple rags on herself that night. That might be the conclusion you WANT to draw. It's certainly not a factually based one.

She never said she used multiple rags on herself that night. That might be the conclusion you WANT to draw. It's certainly not a factually based one.

13 Q. Okay. Well, you had enough common
14 sense to put a towel on your wound, didn't you?
15 A. Yes, I did.
16 Q. I mean, you put a towel right on your
17 neck right away, didn't you?
18 A. Well, actually it was a couple of
19 times.
I know what it says in there, but it was after I
20 had gone back and forth a couple of times.

Sinsaint, just curious - you have said you follow the transcripts and affidavits in this case, per a previous post, does that include both sides of this case or only the defense?

15 A. Yes, I did.
19 times.

Sinsaint, just curious - you have said you follow the transcripts and affidavits in this case, per a previous post, does that include both sides of this case or only the defense?

Both sides. I used to believe she was guilty.

15 A. Yes, I did.
19 times.

15 A. Yes, I did.
19 times. I know what it says in there, but it was after I
21 Q. You didn't have any problem in the
22 world figuring out that you needed to put a towel on your
23 neck, and apply pressure to stop that bleeding?
24 A. No, sir, it was also a wet towel too.
25 Q. But you kept it on your neck, didn't

Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter

1 you?
2 A. It was on my neck, yes, sir.

When Darlie says "well, actually it was a couple times" she is saying she ran back and forth from the kitchen and living room a couple times before even getting a rag for herself. Darlie never testifies she got numerous rags for herself.

Rags from the kitchen contain blood from every person bleeding in home. If they didn't test every rag then the police were lax in the investigation and DNA testing, there is clear photographic proof that rags were used and in close proximity to each victim. Darlie and Darin used rags to apply pressure to wounds. Towels left in house, towels left on porch, towels around both Damon and Devon, YES THERE ARE TOWELS. We know the paramedics didn't use the house hold rags and colored kitchen rags are in the photographs so unless the towel fairy put them there they came from the kitchen! Who got the towels DARLIE GOT THE TOWELS! End of argument as proof is in the photographs which don't have an opinion or motive to lie. Darin didn't get towels he testified to that, if he did get towels, why say he didn't it makes him look worse to not get towels and ask his injured wife to get them. He didn't get towels as he was trying to do CPR. Darlie got towels because she doesn't know CPR. That makes sense.

Waddell didn't get towels he stood there "guarding" the family and he is CPR trained as all police officers are.

Why are you not mad as H*** that he did nothing but stand there and wait for back up. The knife was found Darlie reported the perp had left there was no reason for him to not help Damon. He could have gotten a towel positioned Damon in front of him and kept an eye on Darlie and Darin if he thought they were going to attack him. HE HAD A GUN and and gun beats knife in a Mexican Standoff. If worse came to worse he could have drawn it and shot. Damon was near a wall and unless the perp could go through it he could have had his back against the wall to guard his own back. He only thought about his own safety and didn't give a D*** if Damon bled to death right there in front of him. He could have followed police procedure and helped Damon as well.

It is all a matter of perspective and how you choose to view it.

Darin went back upstairs to put on pants who thinks about putting on pants when your 2 kids are lying there and your wife as her throat slit. It is a matter of perspective.

From my understanding it didn't matter anyway as even pressure to the wounds would not have saved Damon.

A recent post on Facebook was deemed really really cute when a little girl called 911 for her Daddy in a diabetic coma, she told the operator she had to hang up as she had to go put on clothes if people were coming over. Not only did she summon help she had to look good when they got there.

It is a matter of perspective, if you want to read something sinister or evil into anyone's actions you can and people often do we prefer to see bad in others as it makes us feel superior.

None if it matters anyway now. There are two limb hairs on the sock that don't match anyone in the house. Unless someone can explain to me how two limb hairs that don't match anyone ended up on a sock that I doubt the Routier's were lending out, that pretty much says someone else was holding that sock.

Let us hope that additional testing matches the limb hairs DNA.

The UNT lab will try and get results from the samples that came back as unable to determine. If they match Darlie will be free.

Please read my thoughts on God and Human Behavior thread so you understand my smile. :cheers::cheers:

According to some other documentary it was the cousin who thought of and brought the silly string, if I were the defense attorney I would point out the others are laughing so maybe we should arrest them. I think it is weird but look at it, they are all acting silly I think it is just diversionary thinking , a way to forget the horror temporary.

Also I recall a Long time ago some cop said they timed the back security light and it took 15 minutes for it to go off, so if Darlie was the one who dropped of the sock she didnt go out back since they said the light was off when the first cop should up.

It was her sister but look did they force Darlie to use it? You're correct, she went out the front door to drop that sock in the alley. She wouldn't have risked going out the back with a broken gate that dragged on the ground and the security lights triggering.

Having cast-off blood on her shirt doesn't mean she wielded the knife. It only means she was in close proximity to the attack. We already know that since she was on the couch.

No it doesn't. Cast off is based on the trajectory of the stains and the stains on her nightshirt were down to up with tails pointing upward to the source of the blood. North/South basically. Had the cast off stained her shirt whilst she was on the couch, the trajectory of the stains would be east/west. Also, she would have had to been sleeping on her back to get the stains on the front shoulders of her nightshirt when Damon was stabbed, then she would have had to turn over and to get Devon's cast off blood on the back of her nightshirt when he was stabbed (how likely is that) and he was at least four feet away from her, blood doesn't fly that far.

None if it matters anyway now. There are two limb hairs on the sock that don't match anyone in the house. Unless someone can explain to me how two limb hairs that don't match anyone ended up on a sock that I doubt the Routier's were lending out, that pretty much says someone else was holding that sock.

The two limb hairs have not been tested as yet so your claim they don't match anyone in the house is false. Considering fibres found on the sock were matched to Darin's Reeboks and Darin claims this sock as his, how likely is it those are his limb hairs?

Darlie's DNA from shed skin cells was found in the toe of that sock. No shed skin cells from an u/k source were found on the sock. Only the boys' blood was found as well, none of Darlie's.

Darlie's DNA from shed skin cells was found in the toe of that sock. No shed skin cells from an u/k source were found on the sock. Only the boys' blood was found as well, none of Darlie's.

This is one point about this case that bothers me. If an intruder wore that sock on his hand, why no skin cells, only Darlie's? Does he have gloves? I mean he didn't leave any prints on his point of entry. If he has gloves, why does he need a sock?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back