WESH: Caylee's Fund dissolved, Dr. Phil's 600K contribution

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by Muzikman, Jul 2, 2012.

1. SweetT

SweetT Well-Known Member

OH I totally agree which is why I would have respected him if he would have divorced Cindy long ago. Now..well not so much. He is in it for the money, I agree.

2. marie-chantal

marie-chantal Language analyst

I always suspected that Dr. Phil interview with G&C was shady. By shady, I mean that they definitely got paid, and that my suspicions about Casey benefitting from it were true. I will never watch Dr. Phil again. Ever.

3. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Well-Known Member

The cover that's coming out this week is Tom and Katie's divorce.

4. NavySubMom

NavySubMom Well-Known Member

it will depends who is doing the stories/interviews, and who is being interviewed.

Anyone interviewing Jose Baez about his new book might get the sympathy card going, depending on what his book says. Depends on what questions are agreed to before hand. I can see some "reporters"? "coming around" to his side of things, I guess we'll see on his book promotional tour.

Also, look at what Piers Morgan ended up doing with Cheney Mason that night with his "impromptu"? interview, saying Casey seems to be "changing" or "seeing the err of her ways" or something along those lines.

IMO, MOO, etc.

5. NavySubMom

NavySubMom Well-Known Member

but aren't there LAWS about using money donated for Charitable Corporations, that you have to actually use that donated money for the CHARITY?? at least SOME of it??? and NOT use it for whatever you want? Heck, EVERYONE would be doing that kind of thing..... wait, maybe everyone is, who knows? look at BringKidsHome and the Caylee Memorial that was supposed to be down in the swampland at the end of Hopespring Drive, whatever happened to THAT scam??

IMO, MOO, etc.

6. Muzikman

Muzikman ROCKIN!

According to Bob Kealing, Casey WAS supposed to be on the cover but *something* made People Mag change their minds. I missed that part of the story, as I had a meeting to go to....

Maybe Tom & Katie were bigger news - or maybe they got so many complaints ahead of time that they changed. Heh :rocker:

7. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Well-Known Member

Um, of course Tom and Katie's divorce is bigger news than the anniversary of Casey's acquittal. :waitasec: It's the biggest celebrity story in a long time. That will be on the cover of EVERY gossip magazine this week.

I doubt they got many (or any) complaints. There wasn't even a thread here about it, so how many people in the "general public" knew about it?

8. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Oh, MM...it's so good to see you. <3

9. salvarenga

salvarenga New Member

According tohttp://www.sunbiz.org , searching under the name Caylee...... CAYLEE'SFUND FOUNDATION, INC. (not a typo there is no space between the "s" and the "f", this was established on 7/19/11. On 7/25/11 an amendment was filed talking about how the funds should be handled. It's a four page document http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/10391789.pdf

Can others read the amendment and tell me if you interpret that to read that they could have used the money as "reasonable compensation"? Also, read the part about what should happen to any remaining money that was left once they dissolved the entity.

10. Muzikman

Muzikman ROCKIN!

Yes, true. I haven't really had time to keep up with the case lately, so I wasn't sure if it was public knowledge that People was doing a major story on her.

SOOOOOOOO GLAD that she got bumped tho!!! I'll bet that made her..... MAD. heh
    :rocker:

11. A_News_Junkie

A_News_Junkie Retired

:maddening::maddening: I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY TO DR. PHIL (Yes, I am yelling but at him, not you guys!) :maddening::maddening:
    THE BEST INDICATOR OF FUTURE BEHAVIOR IS PAST BEHAVIOR. .... PFFFT!

12. Friday

Friday Verified Author

The only way I would believe Dr P wasn't fully aware that he was donating the $600,000 to a charity that the Anthonys themselves controlled, would be for him to publicly announce that he'd been duped.

13. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

So with the dissolution of the charity and the end of Casey's probabtion near, is the family planning on skeddadling out of here?

14. salvarenga

salvarenga New Member

Well according the paperwork filed, Mark Lippman was the incorporator of Caylee'sFund. So I guess that's how they will rationalize it.

He's also the only listed officer and listed as Manager.

15. Muzikman

Muzikman ROCKIN!

I highly doubt any legal authority would see $500K - or $250K, divided between G&C - as reasonable compensation for 2 newbies to the charitable world, with no track record behind them and no substantial activities even being done on behalf of the organization. Other than going on Dr. Phil and talking.

And it says "Any assets not disposed of (properly, my take) shall be disposed of by the Circuit Court in the county where the org is located."

MeThinks there should be a FULL and IMPARTIAL accounting of ALL of the funds this organization has had given to them - BY THE IRS.

My 2 cents.... :rocker:

16. A_News_Junkie

A_News_Junkie Retired

New house somewhere, new bank accounts offshore - sure would all match the "word on the street" (IE rumor) that they aren't keeping the house all pristine and anally retentively groomed yard as in days gone by. Oh, including while searching for their 'missing granddaughter.'

:maddening::maddening:

:seeya: Hiya Muzik!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

From what I read, it says there's an article...so it may be a brilliant move on People's part. You're right...folks would boycott anything with Casey's face front and center...but, now think about it...they'll buy the magazine for TomKat news (and lots of them) and get this news out there as well. I'm not sure how People works, but I would think they'd want to stay in the good graces of some of the players. My biggest wish...that no article on Casey appears.

18. Muzikman

Muzikman ROCKIN!

Hiya Friday. So good to "see" you!! :)

19. BigMomma

BigMomma Former Member

bingo

20. Friday

Friday Verified Author

Hiya, handsome. :blowkiss: