WESH: Duct Tape Info in the Document Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
even though i know she is cold as an iceburg,

its possible she puked and her own puke is in the bag..........

its not finger prints but it is DNA

there is no logical reason why her own puke is in the bag..

but i can dream

even though i know she is cold as an iceburg,

its possible she puked and her own puke is in the bag..........

its not finger prints but it is DNA

there is no logical reason why her own puke is in the bag..

but i can dream
I think good tasty puke would have been an appetiser for whatever devoured Caylee's remains. Very unlikely to be a surviving piece of evidence.

I also wonder if it could be proven that the knife in the trunk was used to cut the duct tape. That would be very bad for the defense as well, I think.

If I am not mistaken, I believe the knife was in the backseat of the car and not in the trunk at all...:)

very true, but some might be on the TAPE :)
no, I think that would have been picked clean. Of anything organic.
Prints and impressions, and possibly fibres are the most likely.

Most likely source of DNA is bone marrow if any survived deeper inside bones. Perhaps hair roots, but I have my doubts there. A good question for a forensic boffin?

I think everyone is setting themselves up for disappointment regarding fingerprint and DNA evidence being released in this doc dump. The SA doesn't have to release evidence to the defense for discovery until the investigation on those items is complete. If I were a betting man, I would bet that the investigating of the fingerprints will not be complete until shortly before the trial begins. Because once the release it, they give the defense the opportunity to try and discredit it. I doubt they would give them 8 to 10 months before the trial.

I'm agreeing with you ecs.:blowkiss:

no, I think that would have been picked clean. Of anything organic.
Prints and impressions, and possibly fibres are the most likely.

Most likely source of DNA is bone marrow if any survived deeper inside bones. Perhaps hair roots, but I have my doubts there. A good question for a forensic boffin?

well, yes i agree most would be gone but microscopic DNA ( puke ) could be on there....

she has made me want to wretch my guys out one too many times and it would be interesting to see her own PUKE do her in...:D

I'm agreeing with you ecs.:blowkiss:
Whatever evidence we get shown it will involve hours of debate and discussion. Keeps us all off the street. I am sure at least some of it will be damning to CMA. This is prosecution evidence when all said and done.

well, yes i agree most would be gone but microscopic DNA ( puke ) could be on there....

she has made me want to wretch my guys out one too many times and it would be interesting to see her own PUKE do her in...:D
I take your (colourful) point. I would be "poetic justice" but a very strange sort of poem?

The duct tape could yield:

• Saliva from the victim or the suspect
  • Teeth marks from the victim (if alive when it was placed) or the suspect (if they bit the tape to tear it )
  • Mucus from the victim's mouth, including blood particles
  • Fibers, hair, skin particles, dander, pet hair, etc.

Maybe they matched the duct tape to the roll Casey borrowed from Amy, wasn't it Amy?

Whatever evidence we get shown it will involve hours of debate and discussion. Keeps us all off the street. I am sure at least some of it will be damning to CMA. This is prosecution evidence when all said and done.
No doubt , HP. You are correct as well. I am a woman who saves the best for last. You know, that single caramel-covered chocolate candy in a Valentine pack? As good as each candy tastes along the way, that last one, that caramel, is well :blushing: superior. I'm feeling like a Forrest Gump quote about now. My opinion, you ALWAYS save the best for last in a case like this. :blowkiss:

The duct tape could yield:

• Saliva from the victim or the suspect
  • Teeth marks from the victim (if alive when it was placed) or the suspect (if they bit the tape to tear it )
  • Mucus from the victim's mouth, including blood particles
  • Fibers, hair, skin particles, dander, pet hair, etc.

Maybe they matched the duct tape to the roll Casey borrowed from Amy, wasn't it Amy?
All possible. But again I think mucous, blood, skin etc and any DNA long gone.

Any marks or prints especially in the adhesive still strong possibility. Hairs obviously survive and other fibres perhaps too.
General physical features of the tape can no doubt be compared with any other samples or rolls that LE have. And the cut or torn ends could be very significant.

I thought perhaps an acrylic nail, did KC wear them ????
A review of many photos of her nails showed very short, almost bitten nails without polish. I couldn't find any acrylic nails in sight. So when Amy said she got a manicure, I wonder what was done.

I think it's interesting that Kathi Belich's angle seems to be on what was found at the Anthony house:

---

WFTV reporter Kathi Belich has learned the documents are likely to be about the evidence investigators collected at the Anthony house after Caylee's remains were found. How was Caylee Anthony murdered and did she suffer? Those are some of the questions that could be answered once it's released what investigators now know.

---

If the article implication is true, I wonder what could have been found at the Anthony home that would indicate cause of death?

This could also be interesting:

Monday, another 1,100 pages of evidence was handed over to the defense team, including transcripts of statements witnesses gave to investigators and there's more computer evidence in the case that will go public sometime soon.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18734025/detail.html (article was already linked, but since I snipped it I thought I'd link it again)

these were items supposedly from the car on 6/16:

Page 3174 says a black plastic bag with:doll, blue crate, backpack, toothbrush, dinner knife, black leather bag, clothes hanger.
papers. (not in that order)

given to CSI by Det Beasley after they photographed the sealed car

after they opened the car they found carseat, belt, CD case, 2 pr shoes, sunglasses, a piece of freshener sheet.

I know I read somewhere in docs after they found Caylee's remains, Cindy gave a stainless steel knife to CSI. Is this the knife mentioned in the docs dated 7/16 and it was reiterated after the body was found? If not that is 2 knives.

Hon, *look* at evidence log. It is described in two or three different ways, but it is sitll the same 1 knife. LOOK AT THE NUMBERS.

I had to, also.

There is a whole thread on this in analytical division above the news and below in the myth busting section above today's newest.

Yes, that thread applies to this case, not the tv show. : )

ONE knife.

on topic: reports of prints on duct tape are ambigous.

This is horrible but could analysis of the duct tape show if Caylee was still alive when it was stuck over her mouth.

This is horrible but could analysis of the duct tape show if Caylee was still alive when it was stuck over her mouth.

It is possible, per JonBenet case. In that instance, the lip print was with closed mouth (coma or dead).

uh oh neighbor emergency gotta go.

Ta!

I bet in regards to things taken from the A household after the crime scene finding was *hopefully* a list of medications that were rumored to be taken from the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member