MISTRIAL Wesley Hadsell charged with murdering adopted stepdaughter, A.J. Hadsell #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning... heartbreaking & graphic:

"But Jennifer Hadsell had recently kicked him out of the house because he was using drugs and behaving erratically, Cooke said. A.J. was off to college, growing up, moving on. Her trip back to Norfolk for spring break was his opportunity to do something, the prosecutor said, suggesting Hadsell wanted a sexual relationship with his adopted daughter. "It was his last chance to be with A.J.,” Cooke said. “He wanted something. She didn’t.” So, the prosecutor said, he dumped her, face down, in a ditch, with her sweat pants pulled down below her buttocks. “Like trash,” Cooke said.
5 years after college student A.J. Hadsell’s death, her adoptive father goes to trial on murder charge

I don't recall this being a known detail, about her sweatpants. It's unthinkable, the indignity. :(

"But Jennifer Hadsell had recently kicked him out of the house because he was using drugs and behaving erratically, Cooke said. A.J. was off to college, growing up, moving on. Her trip back to Norfolk for spring break was his opportunity to do something, the prosecutor said, suggesting Hadsell wanted a sexual relationship with his adopted daughter. "It was his last chance to be with A.J.,” Cooke said. “He wanted something. She didn’t.” So, the prosecutor said, he dumped her, face down, in a ditch, with her sweat pants pulled down below her buttocks. “Like trash,” Cooke said.
5 years after college student A.J. Hadsell’s death, her adoptive father goes to trial on murder charge

I don't recall this being a known detail, about her sweatpants. It's unthinkable, the indignity. :(
How dare they allude to suicide ?? This makes me so angry - why is there no reporter in that courtroom live tweeting ? This is an important case for justice for this beautiful girl who’s life was stolen from someone she may have trusted — this is wrong -
JMO

How dare they allude to suicide ?? This makes me so angry - why is there no reporter in that courtroom live tweeting ? This is an important case for justice for this beautiful girl who’s life was stolen from someone she may have trusted — this is wrong -
JMO
I'm honestly surprised it's not being covered more thoroughly.
Here in Ontario we had a handful of amazing journalists that live-tweeted the murder trial of Dellen Millard and Mark Smich, for killing Tim Bosma.
I guess I was spoiled by such amazing dedication to keeping the public notified of the legal proceedings.

When AJ’s younger half-sister, [JH], took the stand, she said AJ’s texts the day she went missing were odd and didn’t sound like her. Justice testified she’s convinced Wesley Hadsell killed her sister.

The last witness of the day was AJ’s mother, Jennifer Hadsell. She also testified AJ’s texts seemed “off” that day and she was immediately worried.

Jennifer was asked about a note she found on their kitchen table the day AJ disappeared. It read “Dear Madre, with everything that’s going on it’s a lot to deal with.” From what she could tell, she said it was her daughter’s handwriting.
Hadsell murder trial day 2: Attorneys’ opening statements, victim’s mother and sister testify

JMO
I've never seen a suicide case where they buried themselves in dirt and then pulled a piece of plywood over the grave.
angryfire.gif

JMO
It is up to the judge and state rules about whether to allow electronic devices into the courtroom. At least we have reporters covering it.

Warning, graphic:

"The sergeant testified that Anjelica’s body was face-down with her pants pulled down halfway and her boots sticking out of the dirt. The sergeant said at the scene there was duct tape and markings in the dirt from a shovel.

The same sergeant went to the medical examiner’s office where they discovered the shorts she wore beneath her pants were also pulled down.

The medical examiner ruled her cause of death as homicidal violence and acute heroin poisoning. The medical examiner also noted that AJ had “control” injuries on her arms, blunt force trauma to her chest and neck, as well as bruising around her chin and jaw, and they could not rule out strangulation."

This is just heartbreaking!

Testimony begins in Wesley Hadsell murder trial

Warning, graphic:

"The sergeant testified that Anjelica’s body was face-down with her pants pulled down halfway and her boots sticking out of the dirt. The sergeant said at the scene there was duct tape and markings in the dirt from a shovel.

The same sergeant went to the medical examiner’s office where they discovered the shorts she wore beneath her pants were also pulled down.

The medical examiner ruled her cause of death as homicidal violence and acute heroin poisoning. The medical examiner also noted that AJ had “control” injuries on her arms, blunt force trauma to her chest and neck, as well as bruising around her chin and jaw, and they could not rule out strangulation."

This is just heartbreaking!

Testimony begins in Wesley Hadsell murder trial

I'm not a ME, but I don't need to be, to know those kinds of injuries 100% do NOT indicate suicide.
Not only is WH the most vile sub-species, trying to make her death look like HER fault, makes him even more vile, if at all possible.

Monster...

SOUTHAMPTON CO., Va. - The jury was given a three hour break on Wednesday in the trial for Wesley Hadsell. When they returned a mistrial was declaired.

The judge said lawyers needed time to work out an issue. The defense told News 3 the issue had to do with what the jurors will be allowed to hear about Hadsell’s criminal past. The prosecution said there are about seven witnesses scheduled to take the stand in the afternoon.

News 3 is in the courtroom and we are waiting to hear more on why the judge declared a mistrial.

Mistrial declared in AJ Hadsell’s murder trial

Article has been updated to read:

The mistrial is due to issues with Hadsell’s criminal history and what the jurors were going to hear. On Wednesday the Commonwealth’s Attorney made the motion and said they need more time and the judge granted it.

The defense didn’t argue the motion.

News 3 is in the courtroom and we are waiting to get a better explanation from attorneys.

SOUTHAMPTON CO., Va. - The jury was given a three hour break on Wednesday in the trial for Wesley Hadsell. When they returned a mistrial was declaired.

The judge said lawyers needed time to work out an issue. The defense told News 3 the issue had to do with what the jurors will be allowed to hear about Hadsell’s criminal past. The prosecution said there are about seven witnesses scheduled to take the stand in the afternoon.

News 3 is in the courtroom and we are waiting to hear more on why the judge declared a mistrial.

Mistrial declared in AJ Hadsell’s murder trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member