WFTV asks: Who Cashed in on Caylee Anthony video?

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by DianeB, Sep 11, 2008.

1. DianeB

DianeB Inactive

Speaking of "follow the money..." Didn’t see this posted yet – will kill the thread if it’s a duplicate. From the WFTV website:

http://www.wftv.com/news/17451650/detail.html

Geez, two hundred thou would buy a lot of Miss Clairol. Or Iron Man toys.

2. Loading...

3. Chilly Willy

Chilly Willy New Member

I guess now we know what's in the backpack Casey wears to her attorney visits - home videos. Baez probably brokered the deal so that he'd get paid, same as Larry Birkhead's attorney brokered his big media deal.

4. What'sThatClue

What'sThatClue New Member

Ya know, I was wondering what was in that huge white backpack this morning. Casey got out of the car and ran in the building and Lee followed carrying one white backpack (looked stuffed) and something else. Maybe it was videos.

Horrifying about the money, if it's true!!! What kind of people are these? (don't answer, I know!)

5. Isabelle

Isabelle Verified registered nurse

I guess if all of the media are making $$ off the story, why not? People got to live and eat.

Isabelle,
    Ray'sMom

6. passin_through

passin_through New Member

Well, that's the 200,000 video
    I guess the 1.5 millon deal is for that million dollar question....

Where's Caylee?!!

It's all very disgusting in my eyes.

7. AutomaticAuttie

AutomaticAuttie Live Better

I am so glad to see you on, I have a question for you about the chloroform!

8. Diamond

Diamond New Member

The media outlets, attorneys, etc are doing their jobs...that's different. Most families would find making money off their missing/deceased (probably murdered) loved one repulsive. Then again, this isn't your typical family. Thank God.

ETA: And, if Casey made money off it...even worse. She should not make a cent off the daughter she 'lost' (best case) and won't help recover.

9. MnkeyBznes

MnkeyBznes New Member

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

10. Truth Seeker

Truth Seeker New Member

Now we know why Lee is carrying all her bags and doing a high five on camera with her!

11. Everly

Everly New Member

So the "stress" that Lee was relieving by playing Halo 3 etc. must have been from all the media negotiations.

Who thinks that the g-parents know about this sale and who thinks that they don't know or else don't approve and are somewhat the hostages of their own two spawn?

12. JustInCase

JustInCase Former Member

Although my belief differs from most of yours on this case, this is one area I think I concur ... [sp]

I kind of believe the whole reason the Anthony's even hired an attorney to begin with is to keep track of all of these offers/contracts that are popping up ... with movie/book/TV deals.

He's not so great at answering anyother questions.

I'm not familiar w/ this attorney, however, I do recall the WS thread Headline..."highpriced attorney ... bla bla bla" what is he known for? What kind of law does he specialize in?

I do still think this stuff, takes a back seat to Caylee.

13. Spangle

Spangle New Member

http://www.wftv.com/news/17451650/detail.html

"Through their Orlando attorney, Mark NeJame, Cindy and George strongly deny having anything to do with the release and/or sale of the videos.

"Eyewitness News contacted Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, to ask if he or Casey has received any money from ABC for the videos and photos. His public relations firm refused to answer specific questions about the licensing fee but said,"

The parents are saying they are not involved. KA's lawyer is dodging the question.

My guess is that the action happened on the kids side. The lawyer knows about it. Might have done some advising on the matter. Might have pointed out the judge might not let KC keep the money, etc. However, Lee might be able to get away with it.

As far as 'making moeny off her death." That is like saying that everyone involved in this case should work for free.

It it was Lee, and he thought this was the thing to do, to help is sister, the case, etc... he wouldn't be making money off it. The lawyers would. It would all depend on what he did with the money left over, if he profited from it...

14. CaliKid

CaliKid Former Member

These people are lower than low.

15. canuluvsum1unevrmet

canuluvsum1unevrmet Inactive

When someone(Baez & Crew) refuses to answer a specific question, its because of
    GUILT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... and another thing who believes anything that comes out of the
    grandmothers mouth. Her and her "half-truths" are going 2 help ensure her daughters
    conviction. The A's must have tons of home videos of our precious Caylee. So, why
    did they choose the one of Casey shoving icecream in Caylees face? Is this the
    video that they are using to portay CA as a loving mother? SORRY, I didnt get that impression. It seemed to me that Casey was guided by her mom on how to react to the situation. ENJOY, The money now KC cause its just a matter of time before you will be charged with MURDER 1!

16. monoxide

monoxide Former Member

I agree, The videos made her look awful if you ask me

17. jon_burrows

jon_burrows New Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see more 'never before seen' videos of Caylee trickle out over time from different networks. They are probably brokering deals right now to the highest bidder. I'm quite sure ABC isn't the only network willing to buy footage. Whatever gives them the highest ratings is what they'll buy.

I think it's disgusting for the family to take one penny for Caylee's death. If they take that money and put it into finding her I'd feel differently.

18. softsoul

softsoul I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Well, now all the sociopathic parents out there know to make lots of home movies of their children before "losing" them. That way they can pay for their defense attorney. They may even have some $ left over to buy butt ugly sunglasses or whatever they might desire.