What about John Bittrolff

I also think that Bittrolff is the most likely candidate to be responsible for all the LISK murders, excluding Gilbert. He is the most likely candidate for reasons that have already been mentioned. If the things said about him are true, then he has the profile of a classical serial killer:

-an absent father an an odd relationship with his mother.
-petty crimes during his youth.
-he allegedly tortured animals.
-a certain recklessness: he randomly picked fights with people. People with psychopathic traits are often reckless in the sense that they do dangerous "sports" (such as dirt bike riding) or picking fights with people. It's a part of their native arrogance.
-a dependency on substances, alcohol in this case.

The corpses were also found well within his comfort zone. You also don't kill three women in the space of a few months only to stop again. And things such as "less than three minute calls", "burner phones" etc. is information that is easy to find on the internet.You don't need to work in law enforcement to come across such knowledge.

LISK isn't some kind of hyperintelligent supervillain. He is more likely to simply be a perverted psychopath, similar to many other serial killers.

Last edited:
I also think people are overstating the burlap thing. Burlap sacks are very easy to get. In the Netherlands we use burlap sacks in our Santa Claus (Sinterklaas) celebration. Everybody can get their hands on a burlap sack or a roll of burlap.

Bittrolff could be the Torso killer, with how very close the bodies were found to his residence.....if its the case, did Bittrolff evolve into the GB4 killings, let me explain.

The first 3 women, Colleen, Rita & Sandra were all murdered within several months of each other, & from everything ive read, he killed them within hours of picking them up. I dont think much planning went into the first 3 killings, he knew he wanted to rape/kill, but it seems he was just starting out & had not thought out his plans too much.

Then in 2000 & 2003, Valerie Mack & Jessica Taylors torsos were found several miles from Bittrolffs residence, & could not be identified.....were we seeing a serial killer evolving?

Rita's body was discovered Nov 2nd, 1993. Sandra's body was in the woods for several days before being discovered Nov 21st, 1993. Colleen was reported missing Jan 6th, 1994 & her body was found on Jan 30th, 1994.

All 3 early victims were found within days of their murders, Colleen being the longest, 24 days. Was the killer frustrated with how fast his victims were being discovered & decided to start dismembering the bodies where it was difficult to identify?

A change of MO from the previous 3 victims.....& there are other victims as well before settling on GB4, but I wanted to focus on GB4. If its the same killer that was responsible for the first 3 victims, then turned to dismembering Valerie & Jessica & killing several others, he totally switched MO's again & decided to go online to find his victims. If it is the same killer, he definitely learned not to leave semen & any other evidence on the bodies with Valerie & Jessica.

From what ive read, Bittrolff had killed his victims within hours of picking them up, did he evolve into prolonging torture for several days with any of the GB4.....were the GB4 killed within hours of being picked up, or were they tortured for a day or so?

We know the sister of Mellissa was mentally tortured over the phone by LISK, & so were a few other friends of other GB4 victims.

The killer of GB4 seems so different from Bittrolff, at least from everything we have read/heard online....then again, serial killers can drastically change their methods.
I know this is a late reply, but when you say a few other friends of the GB4 were tortured with phone calls who are you referring to? I know MBB's friend believed she spoke with the killer. Were there others who think they spoke with the guy?

One can pretty much make anyone fit the profile. In my son=in - law's the DA/detectives pretty much. locked in for the armed robbery of Strathmore Bagels on 7/25/00. How the hell was he going to prove where he was/wasn't on that day 6 years earlier? But when you go to Europe you might forget when, where etc. No one could possibly believe the cops andDA would be stupid enough to begin charging him with a crime he was 4,000 miles away. It all vanished and they would change it to another crime. It's all there and the former and current DA could give a tinker's damn less about correcting an injustice.

One can pretty much make anyone fit the profile. In my son=in - law's the DA/detectives pretty much. locked in for the armed robbery of Strathmore Bagels on 7/25/00. How the hell was he going to prove where he was/wasn't on that day 6 years earlier? But when you go to Europe you might forget when, where etc. No one could possibly believe the cops andDA would be stupid enough to begin charging him with a crime he was 4,000 miles away. It all vanished and they would change it to another crime. It's all there and the former and current DA could give a tinker's damn less about correcting an injustice.
Hawkshaw, good to see you still posting. Hope all is well. This thing seems to be at a standstill, huh?

I was looking up if carpenters use burlap sacks for their work, here is what came up:

What burlap is used for in construction?

Burlap is an effective low cost product used in the process of curing concrete. When summer temperatures soar, wet burlap laid on poured cement will slow the drying process, thus increasing the strength and preventing shrinkage.

What are burlap sacks used for?

Historically, sacks made from jute fiber have been used for carrying coffee beans, cement, and concrete. Interestingly, this strong fiber is also used for providing sandbags, used to build embankments, temporarily warding off flood waters.
Do we know what type of burlaps were used? In The Killing Season it was implied that sack style burlaps were used. Here in Las Vegas landscapers used this particular open burlaps to place palm frawns in the middle of the burlap once its laid on the floor, then close the burlap around them to carry away. They can easily place a person on it and roll them up.1682505267103.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back