What advantage is it for prosecution to move the trial up?

I keep thinking isn't the new guy in charge of the murder trial? I thought Baez wasn't able to defend her for that?

He can't be "first" chair on it. He can assist on it. As for the alleged picture, I would think the Anthonys would have DEMANDED that it be released so people could find Caylee by finding the alleged kidnapper. The fact that it hasn't been released tells me that it doesn't (and never did) exist. BTW, if the defense DOES have this phantom picture of the phantom nanny, it would HAVE to be turned over to Prosecution in their discovery.

It sounds like the prosecution is confident of their case. But, it's the defense who will likely put the brakes on. At the pretrial hearing they'll likely request a continuance, citing a lack of discovery material, time to have their own forensic experts to examine evidence, and time needed to interview and depose potential witnesses. A good judge will ask the defense how much time is needed to prepare, and set a date accordingly. I'm betting the earliest we'll see for a new trial date is the first part of April. In the meantime, if new and crucial evidence is found, that could further delay trial.

Instead of sitting with Casey in his office for 6 hours per day, he should have been deposing witnesses etc. Instead his "team" was off on a wild goose chase following up fake Caylee sightings. Wonder what ever happened to that picture?? Also, he is preparing for all of her fraud charges as well, it seems like a lot for one guy to handle.

Hey, the poor guy had to get his mug in front of every camera he could. That's very time consuming.

thank you Gaia! I just keep questioning it since everyone keeps saying baez--(I'm new to posting and this case is just so out there...:confused:)
as for the picture comment wouldnt be the first time they haven't produced something...perhaps they are "saving" that for trial as well....jmo

[snip]
What advantage is it to them to move the trial up instead of waiting an extra month to be extra-prepared?

[snip]

To put the Defense on the Defensive.

This is a classic poker or chess game. The prosecution just upped the ante, the stakes.

The Defense already looked lame, they did not file for speedy trial.

If the Defense does file a continuance to delay that looks bad on them. It is all perceptions in the media and public-at-large.

It sends a STRONG message that the prosecution is ready and the defense is still scrambling to come up with something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back