What are your theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unusual, but not at all unbelievable. If the above numbers are about right, the chance of Caroline meeting another would be one in a thousand. Sharing an unusual name could have been part of why they initially bonded.

You never know. I graduated high school (near DC) in 1992 in a class of 50 girls. Two were named Caroline.

I knew more than a few Carolines growing up. I would bet the name was/is more popular in the South.

I think it's safe to say that when those two women jotted that little note 20 years ago they had no idea it would be studied & discussed by hundreds of people 20 years later.

Sooooooo, the two Carolines you went to school with, what were their last names? LOL. :)

I think it's safe to say that when those two women jotted that little note 20 years ago they had no idea it would be studied & discussed by hundreds of people 20 years later.

I think about that a lot! Two girls, hanging out together and having fun. Scribble down a note with a silly little drawing and 20 years later it's being discussed by hundreds of strangers.

I think about that a lot! Two girls, hanging out together and having fun. Scribble down a note with a silly little drawing and 20 years later it's being discussed by hundreds of strangers.

Crazy to think about it that way K, I never had before!

Sooooooo, the two Carolines you went to school with, what were their last names? LOL. :)

One started with an R and one started with an A. And they weren't friends. Good stretch though! I was at that show and they certainly could've been. But again, they wouldn't have gone together.

Edit: I think Caroline A was living in NYC at the time, and Caroline R was living in Los Angeles anyway. Caroline A didn't like the Dead but did like the lifestyle. Caroline R liked the Dead but not so much of the lifestyle. I digress. The initials don't match up anyway and they weren't friends. Period. :)

Theory: Jason didn't even have an ID. Was never issued one because he was too young.

I was thinking the same thing. They'd be shocked to learn all these years later. Also, they probably have no idea, so all the meanwhile they're going on w their lives not even knowing they play a role to this crazy mystery!!!!!!

I had a dream last night where Jason was identified. In my dream, his last name was Malone or Maloney. I've known people with those surnames, and they have the same blond hair and reddish skin as the young man in the photos who is suspected to be Jason. Based on pure intuition, I would guess that Jason might have had an Irish surname. (Though I wouldn't count on it.)

Obviously not helpful with the real investigation, but I'd just like the throw that out there.

Wouldn't it be crazy if his name is close to that? Sometimes intuition is a crazy thing...

I've been wondering about that note from the 2 Carolines and thinking about a scene from a movie I once saw where a person wakes up in a hotel room, he's been robbed and there is a note left by the thief. What if the 2 Carolines ran off with his bags/possessions? And then left a "see ya" note. The phone number was obviously followed up by detectives but we've never heard whether a 'Caroline' was ever reached on that number.

I've been wondering about that note from the 2 Carolines and thinking about a scene from a movie I once saw where a person wakes up in a hotel room, he's been robbed and there is a note left by the thief. What if the 2 Carolines ran off with his bags/possessions? And then left a "see ya" note. The phone number was obviously followed up by detectives but we've never heard whether a 'Caroline' was ever reached on that number.

OMG I never thought of that - what if they were being little jerks? Yikes. I hope not. BTW my eyes popped out of my head when i read this theory.

I had a dream last night where Jason was identified. In my dream, his last name was Malone or Maloney. I've known people with those surnames, and they have the same blond hair and reddish skin as the young man in the photos who is suspected to be Jason. Based on pure intuition, I would guess that Jason might have had an Irish surname. (Though I wouldn't count on it.)

Obviously not helpful with the real investigation, but I'd just like the throw that out there.
Ebony go with the feeling....you never know. I've had similar dreams. Could be a sign.

OMG I never thought of that - what if they were being little jerks? Yikes. I hope not. BTW my eyes popped out of my head when i read this theory.

I always wondered if he had been robbed of his wallet which would explain no drivers license, no ID of any kind. The two Caroline's as suspects never even occurred to me, but the note as a "see ya" theory is an interesting thought. So sad, the stars were definitely not aligned in his favor that day, seemed nothing was going right for him leading up to the very moment his young life was suddenly and tragically taken from him. :(

agreed - I always felt he had 'had his fill' of following the 'dead' and wanted to get back home to start anew. it's almost as if the lost/stolen wallet/id was the defining straw to start over.

Sorry - originally posted in the wrong thread. I deleted that one and put this in the theories thread. . .

OK I have a question regarding active theories because my mind just won't shut off...

I hope that one day soon we will know GD's real name. Even if that day comes soon, there are still a number of gaps. I'm curious if anyone has theories about the following:

1 - When do you think GD received the note?
2 - If he was carrying it with him (versus just found near the scene), why would he have that note and almost nothing else? Was it special to him? Did he really want to call Caroline and therefore made an effort to hold onto her number?
3 - Was he a hitchiker or not? Anyone think he knew EH?
4 - Where did he join Eric Hager?
5 - Where was he headed?
6 - Does anyone theorize that perhaps he visited people along the tour? Perhaps this is one thing that might come to light if he's identified. Tour dates here: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~./gdead/setlists/95.html
7 - Was he mugged or had his belongings stolen at some point?

Those are all good questions avgmommy. I think that we should circulate this thread on FB. Does anyone else agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin