What case really burns your butt?

There are so many...where to start??

The murders of Kara Kopetsky and Jessica Runions would probably be the one that burns my *advertiser censored* the most. The reason is multi-layered. The case touches on everything from faulty law enforcement and poor judgement to drug addiction, poverty and child abuse. The perp is a kaleidoscope of mental disorders and sex appeal. The decades are bridged by an outspoken cast, there is the crazy friend and the drug dealer, the final victim a completely accidental Alice in their messed up Wonderland. The trial is delayed and delayed and delayed, and one mother has already been waiting 12 years for justice.

Then there is Ryan Shtuka and Collin Gillis, similar cases that give me chills simply because they are stark reminders of how a person can literally just vanish or be swallowed up by the earth.

Anastasia Kriegel and Sophie Lancaster, because their murders were so heinous and senseless and could have been prevented.

Toyah Cordingly because her killer was able to flee to India and not only left her raped and mutilated body for her poor father to find, but also left his wife and children to struggle in a foreign country with no way to subsist.

Every baby killing case ever.

For me, The Boys on the Tracks.

I've never actually searched to see if the case is on WS, but being a Saline county resident (lifelong), this haunts me. And pretty much everyone else around here.

This is one of my favorite true crime books and what an incredible case. I think the tentacles of corruption it uncovers have been shrivelling one by one over the years, but it will be awhile before anyone feels like justice has really been served, I wager.

Ashley Estell and Amber Hagerman. My family was at the soccer complex the day Ashley went missing. Everyone there helped look for her. Amber Hagerman was a few years later. Both changed how I (and most kids around here) were raised. No one felt safe after that. Their murders are still unsolved.

Alana Gallagher is another local case that really gut punches me. So much about that case was disturbing, from top to bottom.

Of course, Cooper Harris.

Dylan Redwine...for sure #1...My thoughts on Mark are not WS friendly...

Jill Meagher...I don’t think anyone will forget the pain we all felt for her husband and their lost life together.

Little William, where, oh where did he go?More importantly with who...and most important, why are we STILL waiting for answers.

And Toyah Cordingly...it really gets my craw that the perp escaped to India and hasn’t been found,oh and that he abandoned his wife and young family with ZFG

Plenty more, but these are probably the top ones.

There are so many...where to start??

The murders of Kara Kopetsky and Jessica Runions would probably be the one that burns my *advertiser censored* the most. The reason is multi-layered. The case touches on everything from faulty law enforcement and poor judgement to drug addiction, poverty and child abuse. The perp is a kaleidoscope of mental disorders and sex appeal. The decades are bridged by an outspoken cast, there is the crazy friend and the drug dealer, the final victim a completely accidental Alice in their messed up Wonderland. The trial is delayed and delayed and delayed, and one mother has already been waiting 12 years for justice.

Then there is Ryan Shtuka and Collin Gillis, similar cases that give me chills simply because they are stark reminders of how a person can literally just vanish or be swallowed up by the earth.

Anastasia Kriegel and Sophie Lancaster, because their murders were so heinous and senseless and could have been prevented.

Toyah Cordingly because her killer was able to flee to India and not only left her raped and mutilated body for her poor father to find, but also left his wife and children to struggle in a foreign country with no way to subsist.

Every baby killing case ever.

This is one of my favorite true crime books and what an incredible case. I think the tentacles of corruption it uncovers have been shrivelling one by one over the years, but it will be awhile before anyone feels like justice has really been served, I wager.

The Springfield Three is one I can't seem to let go. I can't understand how three women can disappear and no one knows anything. The Girl Scout Murders, simply because there doesn't seem to be a consensus about who did it, and it was such a horrific crime. Crimes against children always bug me.

Alana Gallagher is another local case that really gut punches me. So much about that case was disturbing, from top to bottom.

I went and read the entire case forum for Alanna after seeing your post and came out of the rabbit hole 3 days later. Confounding, horrible, depraved. I wasn't able to find any sympathy for the perp's mom like most others did.

Too many... Sky Metawala, Cassie Compton, little Delano Wilson...

and currently the fact that KK is getting off way too easy after cleaning up KB’s house and not saying anything to authorities then going off partying in Vegas.

I can't say any of them really get under my skin but several episodes of Disappeared have let me wondering a lot. Phoenix Colden for sure.

Casey Anthony? The mother was an immature, selfish psychopath. That was obvious so it didn't bother me that much.

Jon Benet also gets to me. How can they not solve it?

Oh and Georgia Tann. That woman was pure evil.

This one is a bit tough to answer as there are many that get me. I think as of late there are a few of them that get to me most. LISK, Zodiac, Charlene Downes, and Claudia Lawrence. All of these cases have sparked a curiosity and anger in me. I feel it is because of the twists and turns these cases have taken and because of the way LE has handled these cases or lack there of.

So many cases have gripped me--I think that the Susan Smith case was really one of the most disturbing to me. I will never forget the faces of those beautiful boys that she drowned and then tried to blame it on a "black man"
As a Chicagoan, the Drew Peterson case is one that was high profile and deeply upsetting- they still haven't found Stacey. =(

Jayme Closs. Can you imagine the trauma of seeing her mother violently murdered, walking past her father’s murdered body, and THEN being a victim to whatever atrocities the killer chose to do to her.
Also every murder suicide burns me. So many kill them selves and spouse AND kids. I don’t mean to be callous but if they are suicidal - then just take out self - not the family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back