What case really burns your ass?

Discussion in 'TODAY! on Websleuths' started by The Man On The Stairs, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Truth Prevails

Truth Prevails Well-Known Member

Jennifer Joyce Kesse. A beautiful young woman. 24 years old. Did everything right in her life. Had a wonderful, supportive family. Great friends--old and new. A "straight-A" student. Graduated from Central Florida University with a degree in finance. Landed a good job. Fell in love. Bought a new condo. Was so safety conscious she paid attention to who was walking behind her at the mall.

Spoke to her boyfriend on January 23, 2006 around 10 pm. Told him she was in bed. Then she vanished.

No sign of a struggle. Nothing. Just a poor quality video of an unknown person of interest parking her car a little more than a mile from her condo and walking away. Before high-noon on January 24, 2006.

How can this happen?

Oh, yeah. This case makes me feel the burn.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Andruw25, Fizzle, mspepper and 9 others like this.

2. kalvis

kalvis Member

Liberty German & Abigail Williams case.

When is the thread going to reopen?

3. Olive1313

Olive1313 New Member

Probably the West Alton Jane Doe. It hurts me knowing that no child was reported missing in that area around the time, so we most likely will never know who she is, or who murdered her.

sallye818, Seenit and Steph8angels like this.
  4. joejs89

joejs89 Active Member

This case is a tough one. There is not much to go on. She doesn't appear to be involved in any high risk behaviors, no enemies anyone knows about. Just a poor quality photo of the POI. Hopefully someone knows something and will come forward. Until then or a miracle happens I'm not certain this one will ever be solved.

whatsnext, sallye818, Seenit and 2 others like this.
  5. whitepinebay

whitepinebay New Member

A case that is currently ongoing: Carolyn Byington, Plainsboro, NJ. Stabbed to death on June 10, 2019 in her apartment while she was home for her lunch break. Her coworker was charged with stalking and murdering her, trial TBD. Reports say that her neighbors heard screams around lunchtime but no one called the police at the time. She was found dead at 6pm that day after a welfare check.

Not a cold case (plenty of DNA evidence against creepy coworker) but an extremely sad one. She was 26 years old. I live in the area and am hoping to go to the trial whenever it happens.

Accused lunch break killer was stalking his victim before brutal stabbing, prosecutor says

joejs89, sallye818, Seenit and 3 others like this.
  6. Mominmi

Mominmi Well-Known Member

Interesting thread. The cases that tend to stick with me are the ones where no body is ever found. Or cases I have some (small so far, thank God) personal connection. I just can’t imagine how horrible it would be to know your loved one was most likely thrown out somewhere and their body disturbed by animals, weather, etc. heartbreaking. The Danielle Stislicki case is one of the more recent “no body” cases I just can’t get over.

7. Night Watcher

Night Watcher Well-Known Member

I do not believe that the death of 17 year old Damian Henning was a suicide. Damian went missing back in November 2019 and his body was found in Toledo, Ohio a couple of days later. My opinion is based on news accounts and some comments that his mother made with her interactions with LE agencies.

sallye818, Steph8angels and Seenit like this.
  8. Seenit

Seenit Well-Known Member

So, so sorry.

mspepper, sallye818 and Steph8angels like this.
  9. Avocado49

Avocado49 Well-Known Member

All of the adoptees who are killed at the hands of people who are supposed to care for them. The Hart family, especially. Adoption is already traumatic, transracial adoption is more traumatic, and on top of that these vulnerable children (adoptees are 4x more likely to die by suicide) are so often starved, abused, tortured and killed.
    Saviors No More: When Adoptive Families Become Abusive Families

mspepper, joejs89, sallye818 and 2 others like this.
  10. NameUser

NameUser That Old So and So

@kalvis the thread will probably open once they are done using it to promote new podcasts about the case.

They should probably list all of the great podcasts that have covered this sad sad case.

kalvis likes this.
  11. Trismon77

Trismon77 Member

Missy Bevers-Midlothian, TX

12. joejs89

joejs89 Active Member

Following this case. Very mysterious and few possible suspects.

13. EstrellaEspectral

EstrellaEspectral Well-Known Member

Long before I discovered Websleuths I saw the Disappeared on Maura Murray and I couldn’t take my mind away from it. She is still never far from my thoughts.

After discovering Websleuths I learned about St. Louis Jane Doe. This one has left me heartbroken and horrified. That sweet innocent child. I know there are so many others, but this one has especially left me feeling haunted and saddened.

MO - MO - St Louis, BlkFem Child 54UFMO, 8-11, in abandoned bldg, Feb'83

There are, of course, many others. Any time a child goes missing or is murdered.

Edited to add: Kyron. Where is he?! Charli Scott. Please let her mother find her! Too many cases. :(

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    Looloo, sallye818 and Steph8angels like this.
  14. Gae

Gae Active Member

15. NameUser

I think Charli Scott was solved, though I do wish they would have found more remains to lay to rest.

Kapua, Stripehaven and sallye818 like this.
  16. EstrellaEspectral

EstrellaEspectral Well-Known Member

They did. I just wish SC would come clean about where she is. I also wish Maui PD would release her remains for burial already. I was local to the area while the case was happening. There is a huge problem over there with missing persons investigations, etc. Charli’s mom is an angel trying to give a voice to the victims. She amazes me.

Kapua, Stripehaven, sallye818 and 2 others like this.
  17. NameUser

I did not know they had not released the remains. That is very sad. SC is a real low life scum!

18. Kristikay52

Kristikay52 Well-Known Member

Yes! The amount of corruption and cover ups going on is unreal.

Seenit and Copperbear like this.
  19. Stripehaven

Stripehaven Well-Known Member

20. themissingandthelost

themissingandthelost Member

Jim is an incredible Youtuber! So glad I'm not the only one loving his stuff, he doesn't seem to be as widely known as others.

raysgirl1126, Seenit and Looloo like this.