What case really burns your ass?

Discussion in 'TODAY! on Websleuths' started by The Man On The Stairs, Oct 30, 2019.

1. themissingandthelost

themissingandthelost Member

Both have been rearrested, charged and convicted on numerous occasions for CP. What's going on there that they can't seem to keep computers and mobiles from these two? Venables has a kid, a KID. Makes me wonder if his fiancee knows of his previous history. Thompson, now living with his male partner (I may have gotten who has a kid and who has a male partner mixed up there. The stupid thing is I've seen their names floating about the Dark Web, so it's not like it isn't hard for people to hunt them down if they knew where to find the information. Just release the names, stop protecting them, we don't protect the rest of them.

I agree 100% re the circumstances, this is no excuse. I grew up in a wartorn country, surrounded by some awful stuff, had some awful stuff happen to me, but I didn't go kidnap a little boy and do unspeakable things to him then outright deny involvement.

Seenit and Steph8angels like this.

2. themissingandthelost

Both have been rearrested, charged and convicted on numerous occasions for CP. What's going on there that they can't seem to keep computers and mobiles from these two? Venables has a kid, a KID. Makes me wonder if his fiancee knows of his previous history. Thompson, now living with his male partner (I may have gotten who has a kid and who has a male partner mixed up there. The stupid thing is I've seen their names floating about the Dark Web, so it's not like it isn't hard for people to hunt them down if they knew where to find the information. Just release the names, stop protecting them, we don't protect the rest of them.

I agree 100% re the circumstances, this is no excuse. I grew up in a wartorn country, surrounded by some awful stuff, had some awful stuff happen to me, but I didn't go kidnap a little boy and do unspeakable things to him then outright deny involvement.

Seenit likes this.
  3. themissingandthelost

AllyBeeUK likes this.
  4. Syxanthi

Syxanthi Well-Known Member

Liam Smith a 16 year old Orkney lad who simply walked out of his home onto a bus and was never seen alive again.
    They found his body in a remote wooded area 3 months later, and whilst the police claim there is no suspicious circs surrounding his death, something about it doesn't sit right with me. We get a lot of runaways and missing teens here but this one always felt different.
    Can't put my finger on it just feels... Wrong.

SpookyOwl, cpeacock1, Wowno17 and 2 others like this.
  5. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

Welcome @Syxanthi ! We have a thread for Liam
    Found Deceased - UK - Liam Smith, 16, Aberdeen, Scotland, 17 Nov 2018

Syxanthi likes this.
  6. MrsWatson

MrsWatson Well-Known Member

The Oakland County Child Killer
    Paige Renkoski
    Claudia Lawrence
    Maura Murray

I grew up in SE Michigan during the time of the OCCK & was in the same age range as the victims. It seeped into every aspect of life as a kid back then. I think it was solvable then & now it's too late.

Paige was seemingly completely random. She was on the side of a very heavily traveled freeway & was just gone, like the earth swallowed her whole.

SpookyOwl and Seenit like this.
  7. AllyBeeUK

AllyBeeUK Well-Known Member

Not an unsolved case but I would like to see the body of Keith Bennett, victim of Moors Murderers Ian Brady and Myra Hindley, being laid to rest soon. There was some effort a number of years ago to coordinate a public search to locate him on the moors, I registered as a volunteer searcher, but nothing ever came of it.

Brady knew all his life where Keith was, he knew it was his mother's dying wish to be reunited with her boy but he repeatedly refused her. That's a special kind of evil.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  8. MrsWatson

@AllyBeeUK that was the first case I read about when I moved to the UK. Those two, there are just no words.

I always wonder how many other victims they may have had that they didn't kill, who just didn't report it.

sportstergirl, Seenit and AllyBeeUK like this.
  9. AllyBeeUK

AllyBeeUK Well-Known Member

There's been a lot written about it over the years. I don't know if you've read the book written by David Smith, Myra's brother in law, they attempted to recruit him which was ultimately their downfall. It's called Evil Relations and is definitely worth reading. I don't doubt there were many more potential victims who escaped for one reason or another, they may not even realise it.

ETA : a lot of people still to this day will exhibit sympathy for Myra, they believe she simply went along with the plans and was too scared to say no. Not true, she was as deep down evil as he was.

There is a cold case in Liverpool that dates back to 1908, a little girl named Madge Kirby went missing, her body was later found in an onion sack. I am a blood relation of Madge and it makes me deeply sad that no one was ever brought to justice for her murder. Of course, over 100 years have passed since she was killed so it's unikely I will ever know but I'm always trying to find out more about what happened to her and at whose hands.

The 'lost girls of Liverpool' - the horrific child murders that scarred a city

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  10. MrsWatson

Not one nanosecond of empathy for Myra. She was most certainly not a compliant victim. No way.

Seenit and AllyBeeUK like this.
  11. FelicityLemon

FelicityLemon Well-Known Member

I was just coming here to post that, too!

BeachSky, mspepper and Seenit like this.
  12. AnnInOhio

AnnInOhio Active Member

Denise Amber Lee murdered by Michael King in Florida was ALMOST saved in time.
    Calista Springer, who died in a house fire because her idiot parents kept her tied her to her bed in Michigan.
    Julie Jensen, murdered by husband Mark Jensen. The prosecutor was a hero, but the jury figured out her note left with neighbors.

13. Fizzle

Fizzle Well-Known Member

Just heard about this one on a podcast... had not looked up the photos yet so thank you for attaching. They are even worse quality than I'd expected.

14. onegiantarm

onegiantarm Active Member

Who do you think it was?

15. BeachSky

BeachSky Well-Known Member

Yes! Missy Bevers!
    The bravado of this on tape ...and they are getting away with it!
    Are they waiting for them to slip up? Confess?
    I really thought the side by side video was game over.

MOO

texasgirl2 and mspepper like this.
  16. Syxanthi

Syxanthi Well-Known Member

More recently the Harley Dilly case has broken my heart. It was his missing persons post on an autism help site that actually led me to WS. I have followed the case with a sinking feeling, knowing in my soul the outcome, but nothing prepared me for how much I would come to adore this wee man or how much the final result would take a piece of me with it.

It seems events conspired against poor Harley right from the late hours of the evening before, right up to the moment he was missing. You can't help feeling if just one thing had been differently in those 24 hrs leading up to his disappearance things might of been different.
    This one is going to stay with me I feel.

cpeacock1, Kudzu, MrsWatson and 2 others like this.
  17. bellyup

bellyup "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme

MrsWatson and Luckyzmom like this.
  18. MrsWatson

I just thought of another case that haunts me. Ricky Holland, killed by his adoptive parents. I'm an adult adoptee, my husband is an adult adoptee and our daughter is adopted. I lived in the same general area and was very active in the online adoption community at that time. The smiling school picture of that little boy and knowing what was done to him haunts me still.

19. Kadoober

Kadoober I am not grilling you a cheese.

Caylee Anthony
    Hailey Dunn
    Kyron Horman
    Lisa Irwin
    Ayla Reynolds

The lack of justice for these babies burns my britches.

20. Red_herring_528

Red_herring_528 New Member

Maura Fricken Murray.

BeachSky and MrsWatson like this.