What case really burns your butt?

Discussion in 'TODAY! on Websleuths' started by The Man On The Stairs, Oct 30, 2019.

1. SaguaroSpirit

SaguaroSpirit Holding The Line

The Keddie murders, Kyron Horman, the West Memphis Child Murders from 1993

2. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

3. thejeangenie

thejeangenie Member

The Hinterkaifeck killings, Bavaria, 1922: Andreas and Cäzilia Gruber; Viktoria Gabriel and her children Cäzilia and Josef; and Maria Baumgartner.

4. texasgirl2

texasgirl2 Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case

Definitely, the murder of Missy Bevers & the murders of Abby & Libby in Delphi.

5. Rivkah11

Rivkah11 Well-Known Member

The Dan Markel murder for hire. They caught and prosecuted the hit men, but a hung jury on the conduit, Katie Magbanua. The REAL killers are the ones who hired the thugs, the Wealthy family of the ex wife, Wendi Adelson. Wendi wanted custody of the boys and wanted to move them to south FL near the Adelson clan. As soon as Dan was dead, she moved the kids and CHANGED THEIR NAMES! She went as far as changing one of their middle names which honored Dan’s family. The Adelsons prevent the Canadian Markel family from visiting their grandchildren, resulting in a groundbreaking “grandparents rights” law being enacted in FL. MOO

browneyes, 8paws, johnnyd and 6 others like this.
  6. Rivkah11

Heather Elvis in Myrtle Beach SC. Body never found. Peeps are doing time for kidnapping but will not divulge what they did with her body.

7. Rivkah11

Jennifer Dulos in CT. Estranged husband suicided. His paramour and attorney friend charged with evidence tampering (dumping bags with bloody evidence in public dumpsters). Body never found. State of CT allowed bond for these two perps. Despicable of the state...wealth buys privileges.

Jennifer has 5 children left without a mom, and a murdering father dead. Her 85 year old mother is caretaking the children and cannot bury her missing daughter.

browneyes, Traymar, sallye818 and 4 others like this.
  8. ColyH

ColyH Well-Known Member

This is a creepy case. You could make a movie about these murders and stick to the facts and it would still be scarier than most horror movies.

cujenn81, mrsselig, sallye818 and 2 others like this.
  9. Kristikay52

Kristikay52 Well-Known Member

brado, sallye818, GoBuckeyes and 2 others like this.
  10. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

This case burns my heart.

In the days when so many people are indignant and sad over the death of George Floyd, I remember a similar case, death in police custody from positional asphyxia.

Down's Syndrome man who died of asphyxiation in police custody idolized law enforcement

Robert Ethan Saylor was 26. He suffered from Down syndrome. Was raised by his mother. That fateful day of January 12 2013 he went with his handler to watch a movie Zero Dark Thirty. He liked the movie so much that he wanted to see it again - but he had no ticket. A cinema employee called three off-duty police officers who were working a security job in a nearby shopping center. Three tall men, no police uniform, approached a man with Down syndrome who began panicking. Handcuffed him, put him to the ground. All is too similar... Robert Ethan Saylor suffered “medical emergency” and was pronounced dead in the local hospital.

Traymar, PatLaurel, Ursamajr and 4 others like this.
  11. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

Yes to all 3!!!! So, frustrating. There's video evidence.

12. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

That is awful. 85!! I pray they all have support around them.

sallye818 likes this.
  13. sallye818

sallye818 Well-Known Member

Just read up on this one. It seems we don't have a thread on Shae here on WS :( It reminded me a lot of the little Hispanic girl in NC--Hania Aguilar. Thankfully, that one was solved.

14. Niamh05

Niamh05 New Member

The Chris Watts case. I know its solved, but I don't believe the full story has been told. He killed his pregnant wife and 2 daughters he appears to have had a loving relationship with for the sake of a woman he'd known for just 5 or 6 weeks? What made him think she'd be okay with his family suddenly disappearing and their relationship presumably carrying on? And without people being suspicious! What did she know/suspect in advance? And how did he think he'd get away with it? He knew he had cctv as did his neighbours, which would prove Shannan and the girls hadn't left home. He literally did nothing to hide the crime. Its one of the most horrible crimes I've heard of, and nothing makes sense about it.

Other ones that's baffle me are Andrew Gosden and Judy Smith.

AllyBeeUK, dgfred and cujenn81 like this.
  15. PatLaurel

PatLaurel Well-Known Member

Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky Manhunt. I know it's solved but, there are so many unanswered questions left. And it breaks my heart how BS' dad has been acting erratically and getting into trouble ever since. I hope he gets all the help and support he needs to heal and that he finds some peace of mind soon.

Kudzu likes this.
  16. Pennywise 78

Pennywise 78 Member

Are you talking about the Judy Smith case from 1997?Went missing from Philadelphia and wound up 600 miles away in a shallow grave..

17. Annem2003

Annem2003 New Member

there is another case just like this, Jarrod Davidson (not 100% sure on spelling). His ex wife went crazy when she had their kid and had him killed. Her parents are in jail and she got like 3 years for tampering with evidence or something. Ridiculous.

browneyes and Tabulator like this.
  18. Annem2003

Annem2003 New Member

search chad day bell Lori vallow there is so much information on it it’s really hard to pick just 1 good link for it. It’ll take you a couple hours to read about all of it

19. Annem2003

Annem2003 New Member

Me too! I’m from Ohio and not far from where she lived. It kills me.

frenchgrl91 likes this.
  20. Annem2003

Annem2003 New Member

Ambers case kills me every time I read about it. It was her fathers department that botched it too. Can you imagine having to go into work knowing the dispatcher could have helped your daughter but didn’t? I can only imagine the desperation that amber felt in her final hours. Her dad must feel guilty thinking I could have saved her.