What case really burns your butt?

Discussion in 'TODAY! on Websleuths' started by The Man On The Stairs, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Ursamajr

Ursamajr Well-Known Member

A year or two ago I would have said something similar but thanks to recent technology I think it's turning around. It's so exciting!

2. Namlok04

Namlok04 Member

There are a few cases that bother me. Cynthia Anderson (missing almost 40yrs ago Tol, OH), the Jon Benet(?) case, and the Dan Cooper case. I feel so close to Cynthia because she's from my city, the other two just bother me because they're *weird*.

3. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

I am convinced that really smart detectives and good detective work would have solved many of these cases early on: After watching so many true crime shows I am amazed at some of the poor detective work in these cases: the tunnel vision is astounding (for example if the death was particularly brutal the cops say it has to be someone she knows, that it was personal. That is not always true--or always looking at the significant other at the exclusion of all others: I just get angry and it burns my butt to know that a good investigation could have revealed at least some of these killers (not all of course, but some). I can see why some of these cases go totally cold and I hate that so many of them remain unsolved.

4. StephanieH

StephanieH Well-Known Member

I thought one of the dads did it? I know they no longer have proof but I believe it was Christopher's mom who also died a few years later?

5. WildIsTheWind

WildIsTheWind Member

Hi Sleuths! Been lurking for a long time and have just recently decided to sign in. So I hope I don't do anything wrong!

I can't decide which one of these five burns my butt more:

JonBenet Ramsey
    Delphi murders
    Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon
    Madeleine McCann
    Xavier Dupont de Ligonnes

And special mention to a case I think is not in this forum but has been in my head ever since it happened (and still is), the Alcasser murders (Spain 1992).

Reannan, Kudzu and jennyjenny like this.
  6. AtlantaSanta

AtlantaSanta Active Member

Elaine Nix
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Both look like LE had given up earlier on in the investigation. Sad!

7. carolann0308

carolann0308 Well-Known Member

Older cases involving missing children (10-15) that were categorized as runaways when they had no visible means of support and took nothing with them.
    Missing or murdered women who's ex or husband was the last person to see them, claiming "they ran off with another guy"

These 'other guys' must be a roving bunch of Rockefellers that deal in cash only and have the hots for abused women

Lonicera and Sheila Terranova like this.
  8. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Please take the time to read "The Gift of Fear"

oh man do you remember when they thought they caught Xavier a few years ago, going into Scotland I believe? i had gotten so excited but then it turned out not to be him....

9. WildIsTheWind

WildIsTheWind Member

Yes! I do remember... I don’t really know what to think about that guy. The possibility that he’s out there just living life after what he did really makes angry. The degree of premeditation and cruelty (taking his son out for dinner before killing him, wth...?) really unsettles me.

10. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Please take the time to read "The Gift of Fear"

it is VERY unsettling...it's all horrible, but the one son coming home thinking his mother gravely injured, fighting for her life only then to be killed is awful awful awful.

i'm not sure if i believe he's still alive or not. Using his credit cards as he was fleeing kind of makes me think he then killed himself cuz that's pretty stupid to leave a digital trail like that. On the other hand, family annihilators are typically too narcissistic to kill themselves (John List, Chris Watts, etc.) so part of me wouldn't be surprised if he is in fact still alive.

WildIsTheWind likes this.
  11. WildIsTheWind

WildIsTheWind Member

It is a chilling case, indeed, and it’s precisely what you say about family annihilators that makes me think there’s a chance he’s still alive. Those cases you mention (plus Jeffrey McDonald) really make me feel sick. I hope, if DuPont is alive, he’s caught at some point and his family gets some justice.

MesquiteO21 likes this.
  12. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member

West Memphis three

3 beautiful innocent little boys living their best life horrifically killed and completely over shadowed by their killers fanfare.

Makes me sick on the stomach every time I visit this case.

:(

13. WeathersRabbits

WeathersRabbits Active Member

I've got a few I just can't stop thinking about.

1983's St. Louis Mo Jane Doe because I feel like somebody misses her but just know she ended up in St. Louis.
    Delphi Murders Obviously
    Endangered Runaway Ashley Martinez
    Linda Sherman

14. insatiable

insatiable Well-Known Member

Definitely Casey Anthony #%$&!

also Bella Bonds mother

cujenn81 and WeathersRabbits like this.
  15. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

I read about boys on the tracks years ago. I've tried dozens of times to find the book again. Do you have the name of any victim? I'd like to read more about it. TIA

rleigh123 and LaborDayRN like this.
  16. Lemon Drop

Lemon Drop Well-Known Member

Gabriel Fernandez. I think about him every single day. When I think about what that child went through... I just get so angry and so sad.

17. ginestra

ginestra Active Member

Shannon Gilbert. I believe if that could be solved, many others would come to light too.

Pulled onion and GoBuckeyes like this.
  18. ChaosWitch

ChaosWitch New Member

Linda Gibson and little Cody Garrett

this will never be solved even though they have all the info they need.

GoBuckeyes likes this.
  19. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide Well-Known Member

Asha Degree; I want to know why she was on the highway!

The middle child from the Terry Rasmussen case still being unidentifed.

Clinton John Doe; why if he was tentatively ID'd a few years ago and he still hasn't been verified ID'd.

Babes in the Woods; being it is such a old case it makes me feel like they will never be ID'd.

Bear DE Jane Doe; the fact that relatives were found but they didn't recognize her.

GoBuckeyes likes this.
  20. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

Do you mean by "his true sexuality" premarital sex? TIA