What case really burns your butt?

Discussion in 'TODAY! on Websleuths' started by The Man On The Stairs, Oct 30, 2019.

1. mothwings

mothwings Well-Known Member

Julie Ann Hall
    Calvin Michael Anderson

Obvious who got away with it in both cases. I was recently at the scene connected to this case as I'm just a drive away.

Some other ones that bug me are:

Richard Bocklage and the letter he wrote to the family after the murder
    Bradford Bishop
    Robert William Fisher (approaching 20th anniversary—he must be caught)
    Casey Anthony is a staple...

Michele Harris.

SaguaroSpirit and GoBuckeyes like this.

2. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN In a world where you can be anything, be kind

Me too.

3. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

The Boy In The Box
    Jon Benet

4. Amandajean

Amandajean New Member

Jonbennet Ramsey....I cannot wrap my head around this. What kind of person writes a ransom letter stating she was kidnapped and they wanted money but she was in the basement (so she wasn’t kidnapped) and nobody called ...

5. rebel123

rebel123 Well-Known Member

6. Dub64

Dub64 Active Member

I think for me, the most haunting case, which finally came to fruition, but not happily of course, was the case of Suzanne Sevakis.

A Beautiful Child

7. Dontknow?

Dontknow? Well-Known Member

Everyone of them that I followed. From Caylee Anthony, Jon Benet, Madeliene McCann, Haleigh Cummings, Zahra Baker, Sandra Cantu, Shaniya Davis, Lisa Irwin, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Maribel Gonzales, The Rhoden Family, Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell pedo's, Little Joe Clyde Daniels, the children found inside of a tree, the young girl who a stalker killed her parents and kept her until she bravely escaped, 3 brave women who survived being abducted by a madman in OH, and so many more. They all bother me.

8. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

This one:
    upload_2021-8-6_3-18-2.jpeg Despite drowning her five children in the bathtub in 2001 after suffering a psychotic break, Andrea Yates now lives at a low-security psychiatric facility, where she is free to leave anytime.

blah. blah. blah… see article for details of her life story. ***she’s lucky to still have a life!

Jurors had been told that Yates had likely seen an episode of “Law & Order” in which a mother who drowned her children was found not guilty by claiming insanity, but no such episode existed.

As a result, Yates earned a new trial where she was declared not guilty by reason of insanity. She was sentenced to remediation in the Kernville State Hospital, a low-security mental health facility in Texas, which one of her lawyers described as a “watershed event in the treatment of mental illness.”

To this day, her release comes up for review every year, and each year, Andrea Yates waives that right. Texas law dictates that the court has jurisdiction for as long as her prison sentence would have been. In Andrea’s case, that is the rest of her life.
    The Story Of Andrea Yates, The Texas Mom Who Drowned Her 5 Children To Save Them From The Devil

9. Dub64

Dub64 Active Member

Tragic and senseless, she'd been exhibiting psychotic behaviors for years, several hospitalizations and yet the husband partakes in pregnancy after pregnancy, he should have met some accountability in the deaths of the children. Just moo.

Traymar, BeckyF, Ksprincess2 and 8 others like this.
  10. mothwings

Fully agreed. At least she wasn't executed as she was obvious a very sick woman.

11. ilovewings

ilovewings Well-Known Member

I agree that it was a good thing she was not executed and I am glad she is in a mental facility. However, I don't think she should be "free to leave anytime"- she should not be free to leave at any time---- IMO

12. Sheila Terranova

Sheila Terranova Well-Known Member

Abby and Libby, just children, because Libby actually had the courage to film her murderer , and his voice, but we still can’t find him.

13. KALI

KALI Well-Known Member

For me, absolutely the McStay family.

14. Stefanie10

Stefanie10 New Member

For me, Susan Powell, kyron horman, Casey Anthony ( may she burn in he**). Also, Brianna Dennison, Lisa Irwin.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  15. SuzDuJour

SuzDuJour Well-Known Member

Kyron Hormon . Abby and Libby. Stacey Peterson. Haleigh Cummings. Jon Benet Ramsey.

16. mothwings

It still bothers me Caylee never got justice. CA is evil.

IQuestion and ilovewings like this.
  17. ilovewings

me too-- I believe that if the prosecution had done things differently in
    presenting this case to a jury they may have gotten a conviction--
    Why did they go for the death penalty without a cause of death?

18. sportstergirl

sportstergirl Active Member

The 1974 disappearance of Pamela Exall is one of the saddest cases I know. No trace of her was ever found. Jewellery found in Peter Tobin's possession may have been hers, Pamela's parents were unsure. A former policeman who worked on the case told me of his suspicions. A man arrested for historic sex offences was a keen fisherman and he suspected him of attacking Pamela and burying her beneath the tideline while digging for bait. Sadly there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with prosecution

ilovewings likes this.
  19. ilovewings

Cases like this are particularly sad because there is no closure, no resolution for the family----and there are just too many of them---

sportstergirl likes this.
  20. sportstergirl

sportstergirl Active Member

Charlene Downes disappearance is also extremely disturbing and sad. Parents who surrounded themselves with paedophiles since the 1980s. Extremely disturbing allegations by the police and social services which are available to view on Pinterest, the family denying knowledge of a prime suspect in Charlene's disappearance and misleading the investigation, many discrepancies in their multiple versions of events, a police investigation which looks like the Keystone cops, a ghost written book in a shameless attempt to make money from Charlene, a possible link to the murder of Paige Chivers nearby, the involvement of far right organisations to further their racist beliefs, a list of suspects yards long and police corruption make it sound like a TV thriller.

ilovewings likes this.