What case really burns your butt?

Stephen Schap, Diane Schap and Gregory Glove
We were stationed in Italy when this happened. It was all over the news (AFN) and in the Stars and Stripes. Such a horribly sad story.

The James Bulger case was very disturbing.
It made me vomit the first time I read it.
I cannot even think about it <modsnip - off limits>

Last edited by a moderator:
James Bulger really got me, I first learned about his case while on maternity leave with my 1st son. I remember crying so hard just thinking how I would hunt those kids down if it was my child.
Locally, 7yr old Karla Rodriguez. I was good friends with the lead detective's daughter in high school when she went missing. I remember seeing open case files & pics all over their living room. He's worked for years on her case and she's still never been found. Her parents still feel that she's alive out there, so hopefully one day it will be a happy reunion. Unsolved case of missing Las Vegas girl still active 20 years later
I just saw the creator of this website on Web of Death on Hulu. My first thought was Karla because I went to her Elementary school, she was two years older than me. I created this account because after watching the show I thought maybe I can start looking for clues.
James Bulger really got me, I first learned about his case while on maternity leave with my 1st son. I remember crying so hard just thinking how I would hunt those kids down if it was my child.
Locally, 7yr old Karla Rodriguez. I was good friends with the lead detective's daughter in high school when she went missing. I remember seeing open case files & pics all over their living room. He's worked for years on her case and she's still never been found. Her parents still feel that she's alive out there, so hopefully one day it will be a happy reunion. Unsolved case of missing Las Vegas girl still active 20 years later

What happened to Alissa Turney has always disturbed me. It seems like she was failed by everyone. Her sister, Sarah, is amazing!

One that really bothers me, a lot, is the murder of Karen Silkwood. Still, to this day.

"On this night, Nov. 13, in 1974, the 28-year-old Silkwood was headed to a meeting with a New York Times reporter, carrying a folder full of documents and photos she said would demonstrate the extent of the safety problems. But she never made it to the meeting: her car hit a concrete culvert wall en route, killing her, after she apparently swerved off the road. The folder full of evidence was never found".

One that really bothers me, a lot, is the murder of Karen Silkwood. Still, to this day.

"On this night, Nov. 13, in 1974, the 28-year-old Silkwood was headed to a meeting with a New York Times reporter, carrying a folder full of documents and photos she said would demonstrate the extent of the safety problems. But she never made it to the meeting: her car hit a concrete culvert wall en route, killing her, after she apparently swerved off the road. The folder full of evidence was never found".

Yes, same here. I’ve tried to find the movie ‘Silkwood’ everywhere but can’t find it. I wonder if they even investigated her death.

Shaniya Davis was one that got me. Someone got off very easy! IMO
Haleigh Cummings got me here.

• Sad
Reactions: IDK
Yes, same here. I’ve tried to find the movie ‘Silkwood’ everywhere but can’t find it. I wonder if they even investigated her death.

I watched the movie many years ago and hope you will be able to find it. Do you have a DVD player? There are some copies out there, but the ones I’ve found are pricey ( > $30 for a used DVD) If you like to read, there was also a book written about it.

IIRC, her death was investigated by the FBI and the official reports were heavily redacted. So hard to know what really happened…

Last edited:
I watched the movie many years ago and hope you will be able to find it. Do you have a DVD player? There are some copies out there, but the ones I’ve found are pricey ( > $30 for a used DVD) If you like to read, there was also a book written about it.

IIRC, her death was investigated by the FBI and the official reports were heavily redacted. So hard to know what really happened…
Thank You. I’ll continue to look for it. It was a great movie. I’ll look for the book also.

Thank You. I’ll continue to look for it. It was a great movie. I’ll look for the book also.

Sure. The one I read is below, but I see there is another one also. Here’s the one I remember reading:

Missy Bevers, Suzanne Morphew, Abby and Liberty’s case although hopefully we are closing in on something like an explanation of what happened….

Google says it’s available on Amazon and Hulu. Such a great movie but I never knew she died on the way to meet someone with her folder of evidence. How sad. Going to rewatch the movie because I don’t remember how it ended.

Google says it’s available on Amazon and Hulu. Such a great movie but I never knew she died on the way to meet someone with her folder of evidence. How sad. Going to rewatch the movie because I don’t remember how it ended.
Thank You!

oh i have so many...just to name a few:

• Missy Bevers - this was actually the case that caused me to first sign up on Websleuths. The surveillance video is just so damn creepy, it used to cause me anxiety at night. Missy, like all victims, deserves justice and I also really want to know who (and why) would do such a psychotic thing to dress up in fake gear and walk around vandalizing a church before brutally murdering someone. It's disturbed.
  • Brandon Swanson - in my home state, and while i do think a tragic accident is possible, i also strongly suspect he could be an Israel Keyes victim
  • Maura Murray - like everyone else, i'm completely baffled by the scenario and the fact that nothing seems to make sense. I still think it's possible she ended up in the woods and perished. However, more recently after listening to various podcasts, I have come to suspect foul play on part of the cops. I don't for a second believe she was traveling in "tandem" with someone and was picked up immediately after and they drove off into the night to their destination.
  • Joan Risch - like Maura's case, the clues are just so bizarre. I want to know what happened so bad.
When i die, God is going to sit down with me and tell me what happened with every unsolved mystery ever lol
Can you tell me more about why you believe Brandon to be a victim of Isreal Keyes?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back