What did John do to find the intruder?

I always found it strange that there was nothing set up in JonBenet's memory considering how huge her case is. There's no foundation, law, scholarship, or even an official website about JonBenet. Why? John and Patsy (when she was alive) would already have the advantage of free publicity if they were to set up a foundation since it wouldn't be too difficult to get the national media to give it some publicity.

Maybe the spent all their money trying to keep themselves out of jail. What a lovely way to memorialize JonBenet.

I always found it strange that there was nothing set up in JonBenet's memory considering how huge her case is. There's no foundation, law, scholarship, or even an official website about JonBenet. Why? John and Patsy (when she was alive) would already have the advantage of free publicity if they were to set up a foundation since it wouldn't be too difficult to get the national media to give it some publicity.

http://www.acandyrose.com/jonbenet-foundations.htm

Thank you, zoomama. That makes perfect sense to me. In every interview they ever did they wanted to see what they had already testified to before they would answer questions. Don't they realize that the truth never changes? I had to testify in a trial about 3 weeks ago and the defendants lawyer asked me if I hadn't changed my story from the original. I told him in no uncertain terms that the truth never changes and my story was exactly the same as the first time I told it. If he didn't believe me he was welcome to look at the affidavit that I had signed the day of the incident in question. He dropped that line of questioning pretty quick. I was raised to believe that the "truth will set you free", but I have to believe that the truth would have sent the Ramseys to prison (although their spirit would have been set free).

That's a question for DA AH. It was "decided" not to subpoena the Rs. But if I am not mistaken, BR did testify (not in person, though). Maybe after that they felt it was pointless.

No?!Have you got more on this pls?
I thought he did testify and this is why I always thought that if he knew something they would have cracked him back then...but if he didn't testify.....

No?!Have you got more on this pls?
I thought he did testify and this is why I always thought that if he knew something they would have cracked him back then...but if he didn't testify.....

He did testify, but not in person. I believe he testified by videotape. This is commonly done with children, but the disadvantage to the GJ is that they can't see his body language or facial expressions. They also can't ask questions in real time, and frankly, they can't be sure that there is no lawyer present. Lawyers are not allowed in the room when someone testifies before a GJ. For all we know, BR's lawyers may have been with him, out of camera range, nodding silently yes or no to questions.
So to me, that was pretty worthless testimony. Just like the testimony of his parents in their interviews when their lawyers refuse to let them answer questions about the night their daughter was killed. Interesting point about that- LW refused to allow his clients to answer any question they had been previously asked, no matter how long ago it was asked. WHY? Because he knew there was a chance that they may have given a different answer previously. See- that's the difference between the truth and LIES. When you tell the truth, it doesn't vary- you don't have to remember what you said. But when you lie, especially elaborate lies, the chance that you will change some details or not recall exactly what you said before is very likely.

I wonder why the Ramsey's came up with a 100,000 dollar reward amount? That year, according to Patsy in their Christmas letter, John's company hit the billion dollar sales mark.

You would think they could have offered much more to find the killer of their daughter.

I wonder why the Ramsey's came up with a 100,000 dollar reward amount? That year, according to Patsy in their Christmas letter, John's company hit the billion dollar sales mark.

You would think they could have offered much more to find the killer of their daughter.

IIRC I remember reading they spent 3 mil $ on their defense.....wonder why there's no money left for catching the.......intruder....

How can you forgive someone who has never been caught? I know the Ramseys were Christian and isn't the Christian view, that if you repent, you can be forgiven? Well, this killer has never confessed what they did so how are the Ramseys forgiving him or her? "You never spent a day in jail, we are known all over the world as child killers thanks to you but we forgive you!" I don't understand. I also think the only person who can forgive the killer is JonBenet. When the Ramseys say they forgive, it makes it look like they are the victim in this crime and they are not.

What did John do? He "forgave them".

How can you forgive something you don't even understand (assuming there is an intruder).How can you forgive if you don't even know WHY.How can you say you wanna move on until you don't have an answer to all these questions.How can you say "she's in a better place and safe" until you know the answers to these questions.She didn't just go to sleep and never woke up.According to them she was BRUTALLY murdered,head bashed,strnagled and raped,it was a VIOLENT VICIOUS crime.It was a creature,a monster,they didn't know anyone that EVIL.How can you forgive and move on??
BS.PROPAGANDA.And these are religious people?NOT in MY opinion.
Unless they suffered from some sort of mental disease,you know,all those people who claim God "told them to" "God made them do it" and crap like that.

How can you forgive something you don't even understand (assuming there is an intruder).How can you forgive if you don't even know WHY.How can you say you wanna move on until you don't have an answer to all these questions.How can you say "she's in a better place and safe" until you know the answers to these questions.She didn't just go to sleep and never woke up.According to them she was BRUTALLY murdered,head bashed,strnagled and raped,it was a VIOLENT VICIOUS crime.It was a creature,a monster,they didn't know anyone that EVIL.How can you forgive and move on??
BS.PROPAGANDA.And these are religious people?NOT in MY opinion.
Unless they suffered from some sort of mental disease,you know,all those people who claim God "told them to" "God made them do it" and crap like that.

and seriously, if they believed for a nano second that there was a killer on the loose, bent on revenge & targeting John's child to get even with John....would they really not use their house alarm and send their son off without armed body guards 24/7?

In other posts it seems the R's did take precautions for Burke to return to school. Alarms, holding him out a little longer than the Christmas break, and having someone stand outside his class room. This person would not need to be a huge gorilla of a person just a set of eyes and ears. No IDI is going to go to the school and make a scene in front of witnesses. If Burke was in danger, it was when he would be going or coming from school, field trips, anything outside of the classroom setting.I have never heard of a lone child being kidnapped from the classroom. On the way to or from school is another matter.

As far as forgiveness goes--- it is a requirement that all Christians hold no ill will towards anyone for any reason. If you have been slapped turn the other cheek. Forgiveness for anything done to their daughter before her death and the actual murder is what the R's are commanded to do by GOD as it in the Bible in several locations. The Bible also commands that if someone says you owe me money and they dispute the amount you say you will pay, You are supposed to pay them 10 times the amount to prevent any ill will from them.

Many people will profess to know about forgiveness but many don't know or adhere to the 10 times rule. It only appears once in the Bible while forgiveness is mentioned several times.

One of the most famous prayers is the Lords prayer.
Our father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. Forgive us of our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. ..................

This can't be used as pointing a finger of guilt, it backfires and has the opposite effect to everyone who believes in GOD.

It may have been a ploy (if an IDI exists) to make that person mad. Mad enough to do something that brings them to the attention of LE.

If the motive was revenge upon John and John has "forgiven" him then that might make an IDI mad enough to give himself away.

We don't know that the BPD while trying to investigate both angles didn't agree with the R's to make this public statement. We don't know if the private investigator who had no access to crime scene evidence told the R's to do this.

I have forgiven who ever did this it was easy for me cause I don't have a personal connection to JBR or the R's. I don't want to personally punish those who commit these type of crimes but I do wish for incarceration. I think punishment even the death penalty is not punishment, we don't have the right or the ability to do what GOD can do.
He will have the final word and his judgment and punishment is forever.

Locking a person away for life isn't truly punishment, even taking their life. It only partially prevents them from committing crimes. This doesn't guarantee a prison guard isn't injured or killed by them, or another prisoner. Since we call ourselves a civilized society we do not seek revenge, and are not supposed to use the justice system for it.

The death penalty works GREAT! It prevents those who receive it from ever killing another human being or committing a heinous crime. Would I push that button? You betcha. Especially if it was MY loved one who had been killed. I find most people opposed to the death penalty have never had a loved one murdered. I have.

It does not deter OTHERS from doing so, however, since most criminals do not think they will get caught.

This is case that has been in the news recently because the trial has been ongoing, but 2 men in Connecticut are accused of following a mother and her two young daughters (the youngest was 11) home from a store. They forced the woman to withdraw money from the bank; she also calmly told the teller to call 911 and send them to the home. They broke into the home with the entire family home, bludgeoned the father, tied him in the basement, then they tied each of the females to their beds, raped them and SET THEM ON FIRE. They died in unimaginable horror and pain. The jury was shown photos of the charred bodies still tied to the beds, remnants of the pretty bedding and charred stuffed animals visible to remind them just how helpless these victims were.
Police arrived as the men were running out of the house. They were caught, but only the father escaped the fire- he had been tied up, but he got out.
One of the perps who had raped the 11-year old took photos of it with his cell phone and also photos of her terror as he set the fire. He wrote in his journal how much he enjoyed it.
Think about this and tell me you honestly feel the world needs someone like this in it. What if it was YOUR daughters and wife? Or sons and husbands? Some people are too evil to be allowed to remain here.
Sometimes God wields his own death penalty (stage 4 ovarian cancer?). Sometimes LE has to help him out.

I am totally pro the death penalty.I would even add torture to it when it comes to pedo killers for example,sorry.So there's one killer who brutally assaulted and tortured a little kid and you put him down, painless, with a little needdle,is this justice?No,I would let the parents of the victim decide what they wanna do with the criminal,if they wanna forgive,fine,send him to prison,if they want him,fine also!
"God will take care of it and judge,etc" is not good enough for me.Everyone must be responsible for his actions and pay.

Just thought I'd pipe in with a comment on what CathyR said.

I come from a different perspective re: the death penalty in that I'm in a country which doesn't have it (Australia) and I'm an atheist. So suggesting that God will pass judgement on a guilty party doesn't particularly fill me with any sense of justice being done.

I see Capital Punishment as exactly that...punishment.
Sure, only for the most extreme cases...but I'd suggest this case is an extreme case.

I don't believe it is up to me or anyone else to forgive anyone for any of these cases. The only person who can forgive a murderer, is the victim..and strangely they're not speaking.

I agree, but I don't find it "strange" that the murder victims are not speaking. They're dead.

But they can "talk" to some people.

I agree, but I don't find it "strange" that the murder victims are not speaking. They're dead.

But they can "talk" to some people.

Yep,it's the evidence that speaks for them.And the evidence "speaks" to a prosecutor,if his ears are OPEN,which didn't happen in this case.

God expects from us what He provides for us. This is why He expects us to love and forgive those who wrong us. But I don't believe He expects us to just "blanket forgive" whoever so brutally murdered a precious child and make no mistake about it, children are precious in God's sight. They are blameless, pure, and above all, innocent. If the Ramseys know who killed their child, it is admirable that they are able to forgive them. If they really have no idea who did it, their talk of forgiveness is foolish. If they did it themselves, they are not fooling anyone but themselves. I think humility is a word the Ramseys should have looked up in their dictionary. It would have served them well. I have never heard any humble words come from their mouths. They mostly brag about what they have and do, even to bragging about forgiving her killer. If they really knew Jesus in their heart of hearts, they would have known that their behaviour is far from anything He would have condoned.

The death penalty works GREAT! It prevents those who receive it from ever killing another human being or committing a heinous crime. Would I push that button? You betcha. Especially if it was MY loved one who had been killed. I find most people opposed to the death penalty have never had a loved one murdered. I have.

It does not deter OTHERS from doing so, however, since most criminals do not think they will get caught.

This is case that has been in the news recently because the trial has been ongoing, but 2 men in Connecticut are accused of following a mother and her two young daughters (the youngest was 11) home from a store. They forced the woman to withdraw money from the bank; she also calmly told the teller to call 911 and send them to the home. They broke into the home with the entire family home, bludgeoned the father, tied him in the basement, then they tied each of the females to their beds, raped them and SET THEM ON FIRE. They died in unimaginable horror and pain. The jury was shown photos of the charred bodies still tied to the beds, remnants of the pretty bedding and charred stuffed animals visible to remind them just how helpless these victims were.
Police arrived as the men were running out of the house. They were caught, but only the father escaped the fire- he had been tied up, but he got out.
One of the perps who had raped the 11-year old took photos of it with his cell phone and also photos of her terror as he set the fire. He wrote in his journal how much he enjoyed it.
Think about this and tell me you honestly feel the world needs someone like this in it. What if it was YOUR daughters and wife? Or sons and husbands? Some people are too evil to be allowed to remain here.
Sometimes God wields his own death penalty (stage 4 ovarian cancer?). Sometimes LE has to help him out.

Even when the death penalty is given it does not bring back the ones lost. Many family members even though a death sentence is given do not feel it is resolved or find closure. Death isn't a good enough for punishment. What GOD has in store for them is.

I have had a very close and good friend murdered and the amount of time given to the killer doesn't satisfy my sense of justice. I'll give it to GOD and pray he has a special punishment for the killer. I forgive the sinner but still want justice for the sin.

In the Pettit case you mentioned, one of the perps, the younger one was very strange. Did you know he liked to break into people's homes while they slept. Creeping around and not even stealing anything. He did this a lot before the Pettit crime. No one ever woke up and caught him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back