What did the neighbor(s) hear?

lonetraveler, I don't have the link handy but do recall that Misty had stated that she had found the shirt in the pile of clothe left in the MH when LE took her back there for some reason. This was before the MH was released that LE took Misty back. She had made several comments about the shirt after it was found, saying that if she had anything to hide she would not of told LE about the shirt. Something to that effect.
As for the house LE took CS to, I have wanted to know about that for a while and wonder if it is the same house that Cobra picked up Nay Nay from.
But after reading Art's article about Jerome, I came to my own conclusion that the house that Nay Nay, Amber and Misty frequented was Jerome's "IMO".

When asked by the 911 operator what Haleigh was wearing Misty said "pajamas".

Let’s say Misty and (whoever it was that was with her at the bus stop), went to where she got the bad drugs. Whoever is there recognizes Haleigh as Ron’s daughter. A fight breaks out. Ron is there either at the time of shortly after. There is Road Rage. This is why so many cars and trucks have damage. I think cousin Joe is involved also.

Haleigh at some point is removed from the MH, I don’t know if Misty was there or not. I think this because both Ron and Misty keep referring to “they” took her. Somehow this precious child ended up in that dumpster. Maybe that is what the screaming was about. Because of the drug involvement, I don’t know if Haleigh was the target, rather a means to hurt the other players involved. Misty said she wishes they took her. Why didn’t they? Is it because they couldn’t find her?

Who could have removed Haleigh from the dumpster? Could it be that the truck the neighbors reported hearing was picking her up rather than putting her body in the dumpster. Were “they” trying to cover their tracks, realizing that there could be evidence? Again more questions that answers.

I don't think there is anything complicated about Haleigh leaving us. I think she left this earth through the hands of misty/and or ron. Don't know how the neighbor hearing yelling fits in yet with time of crime yet but it will piece together if more info gets released.

The amount of people who have kge complicates things. rc is not a very strong person in any sense of the matter. In this respect, misty may have more strength than he to take care of this. I just can't see rc handling this, he is such a drama queen, that he would crack. He or misty would have called for help. The question is who would they call? I vote for TN as one. I always thought misty called tommy, because he lives nearby.....but not sure now.

The problem for me is the back door. If they were removing Haleigh, why not use the front door? The front door provides shelter from neighbors. What is there about the front door that it has been completely ignored.

Ok, I'll try not to go off topic again....but darn this neighbor hearing yelling at 2:30 opens up a whole new set of scenarios. Was the crime occurring at the time of the neighbor hearing yelling or was it yelling way long after the fact?

This is about what the neighbors heard. If you need to preface your post by saying 'this is OT', then look for the right thread. If this thread goes off track again, I will assume this topic has been exhausted and the thread will be closed.

Does anyone remember exactley how many neighbors said anything to the media or LE.... I remember a video of a little old man commenting on this case , was he a neighbor ? Does anyone remember this ?

Yes, the man was named Poppens and he lived on the other side of rc. He said he didn't hear anything, IIRC.

I think the blankets are a big part of this, so if the scenario was that Misty did something to Haleigh and her family helped her (depending on all their cell phone usage):

Maybe Misty was angry that they took so long to get there to remove Haleigh

Maybe they had already removed Haleigh and took a long time to get back to help her clean

Maybe she saw the scratch on the van

Maybe they weren't supposed to come back at all

Maybe she had one of their cell phones and was screaming at them into it for some error that had been made

Maybe they were supposed to wash the blankets and were taking too long

Maybe they were supposed to get rid of her blanket that had been left in the van or they got rid of it but were supposed to keep it

Maybe she went with them and got into an argument as they dropped her off

It took me a few minutes but I found this thread. I wanted to post the video to the report about the woman hearing screaming around 2:25 on the night Haleigh went missing. i looked for it for a few weeks and couldn't find it and then saw Kat's question in the Q and A thread and did a random search on you tube and found it. Sheesh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKkhLHyO_s

One thing to remember is that Florida does have wild peacocks and they do sound just like a woman screaming.

I know this from personal experience because I was the one that many years ago called LE because I sworn that it was a woman that I heard screaming.

It was peacocks in the trees.

It took me a few minutes but I found this thread. I wanted to post the video to the report about the woman hearing screaming around 2:25 on the night Haleigh went missing. i looked for it for a few weeks and couldn't find it and then saw Kat's question in the Q and A thread and did a random search on you tube and found it. Sheesh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKkhLHyO_s

Bless your heart. I gave up trying to find that video a long time ago. Thanks.

Yes, the man was named Poppens and he lived on the other side of rc. He said he didn't hear anything, IIRC.

I must add that I have the article where Poppens wife was awakened by Misty. She thinks the time was about 3:00am. She looked out and Misty wa crying, pacing around and talking on the phone.

I will see if I can get the article from this computer.

A Florida panther is another animal that sounds like a woman screaming. I can remember growing up along the Suwannee River and hearing their screams at night. Although the Panther is endangered in the state, it is possible that they are still around in various places throughout the state.

I guess that the neighbor who faces the ramp and laundry entrance of 202 Green must not have been around. I know the name but can't post it since she hasn't been in the media. If she wasn't around, misty was lucky because she could have heard and seen things on the side of the house. IIRC, she stated that 202 was jumping at night...loud music and people. She and her family moved out within two weeks of this tragedy.

The Poppen famiy could not see the ramp from their side. So Judy had to see misty outside either in front or walking in the back.

1. Some neighbor heard loud car (old) screeching at what time? 1:30??
2. Somebody said they may have seen white truck at dumpster around 1:30.
3. J. Poppen placed misty on cell around 3:00am (wished she could narrow that down)
4. Greenwood says first call came in at 2:13a.m

#1 & 2 unverified
#3 & 4 verified by witness statement and Lt. Greenwood.

3. J. Poppen placed misty on cell around 3:00am (wished she could narrow that down)

#1 & 2 unverified

Hey Whisp. I don't know who Misty was talking to when J. Poppen noticed her but I don't think she was on the 911 call because Misty didn't sound like she was on a phone outside. So I'm guessing that it was before the 911 call at 3:27a. Didn't she call Timmy and her mom before calling 911? Maybe she was talking to one of them.

Whisp-didn't LE check one of Ron's vehicles? Wasn't it the white truck? or the altima? I can't remember.

#1 & 2 unverified

Just one more thing Whisperer. Would you have a reference for the 2:13 call at Tyler. I keep seeing it referenced here on this forum but no links. It was discussed in the Theories thread just the other day and grandmaj says this:

grandmaj said:
The scanner peeps have carefully gone over that 911 call several times. The officer Poppa 1256 went to 202 Green first and "relocated" to 116 tyler. Relocated being the key word. Early on there was discussion in the rumor threads about a possible earlier call. Once the 911 calls were transcribed by people who have been working on the scanner since early on in this investigation we believe that there was no earlier call to Tyler regarding Haleigh. That the first visit appeared to be after the officer went to 202 Green and then visited the Croslin residence on Tyler.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5136404&postcount=203

Your input is much appreciated! Thank you in advance :)

Apologies for being off-topic Kimster. I wasn't thinking. Please delete both these posts. I'll put them in 'The Ask a Question' thread instead.

'

Just found the article that his wife was awakened by misty talking and crying and pacing while on her cell phone.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100207/articles/2071007

wow. I had never read that article before. I think an accurate time line is forming here somewhere.

The neighbor who claims to hear a scream around 2:25 really seems to fall in line with the time that Greenwood gave of the first call regarding this case came in. The scream would be just minutes after a call was made around 2:15. My question is this though. We heard from sources that Misty turned her phone back on at around 3, so the 2:15 call did not originate from her phone. We also heard from sources that the person she called first after turning her phone back on was her brother Timmy. Art Harris reported this to us back in September( IIRC) and Marlaina S confirmed for Nancy Grace that her sources had given her the same information.

Thank you to those who offered a few ideas about what the "screaming" the neighbor heard might have been. In my opinion, these are Florida residents who would know what each of those things sounded like and would be able to distinguish a person's scream from that of an animal. JMO

You're right Whisp. I have always believed that the call that came in at 2:13 was to report a disturbance, and that's why the non emergency number was called instead of 911.

It's possible that the info from Tyler St. saying that Haleigh was last seen at about the same time may have been third party info, but from who? Misty?

Why would she tell someone from tyler that she last saw Haleigh at 2a but tell LE the last time she saw Haleigh was at about 10p? I just don't get it. What if it was TN or GMS info?
That would mean one of them was at the mh about 2a. It couldn't be Ron, he claims he was at work until 3am.(yeah right)

The screaching of a car would indicate to me someone was trying to get away in a hurry, maybe car chase?

The screams from a woman coming from near the mh at about the same time.
(maybe woman (imo, Misty) witnessed Haleigh being run over or thrown from a car)

Several cars in this case had body damage

LE claims first call related to this case came in at 2:13.

So that means all of this was related, right?

That tells me that
1. Someone from Tyler was at the mh at around 2a
2. screeching cars and a woman screaming at about 2a,IMO, indicates a fight or altercation involving at least one vehicle.
3. several cars were either damaged or sold after Haleigh goes missing, which tells me there was more than one vehicle involved in whatever was going on at 2a near the mh.

And after all this......Ron was at work and Misty was sleep. Yeah ok

Now I'm starting to think that something happened to Haleigh during this altercation with all these cars that were either damaged or sold or traded in).
With this theory there's a lot of people involved and that's probably why it is taking LE so long to figure all this out.
The reason I feel that Misty is indeed the "KEY" is because the altercation started because of her and now she feels she has to show the utmost loyalty by not telling on anyone else

Just my thoughts for the day. (subject to change):dance:

suspicious1, This is very interesting, I agree it all ties together.
IF this information is true, I suspect that is when H. was killed or taken.

It's a good possibility Misty screamed when she witnessed Haleigh being run over or thrown from a car, or taken by someone very unset on drugs.

This 2:13 AM time could still involve R and M ....was it R.leaving mad???
think about this:
After the altercation ' R' could have went back to the convenience store for cigarettes and snacks after being at the trailer around 2:13 am...and what ever happened, for an alibi.

Someone made the comment a while back that it was very ODD, after R. left work that morning, R. passed 3 or 4 Convenience Stores before stopping for snacks and smokes.....

but if he was coming from the mobile home to the convenience store, this store would have been closer than the other 3 or 4 stores.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back