What did we learn today 6-29-2011

What did we learn today 6-29-2011 - Multiple Choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember that the defense may have opened the door for the prosecution to use GA's suicide note in evidence. HHJBP is taking his time to consider the issue because the prosecution doesn't want it admitted until their rebuttal after the defense finishes their case.

Evidently the suicide note shows that he wanted to find out what happened to Caylee. This sinks the DT's theory that GA was involved.

We also learned GA purchased a gun with the intention of going to the people he thought had something to do with Caylee's disappearance and interrogating them. However, the police found out he had purchased the gun and confiscated it because KC was home at that time and it was against the rules of her release to have a gun or alcohol in the house.

RK's son took the stand and said his father told him about finding Caylee in November.

:eek:

Whoa, Steely! I totally forgot about the gun incident. He had a Taurus, I believe. I wonder who he intended to pistol whip? Were they imaginary people, or actual people that Casey had pointed the finger at?

We saw his hot temper many times. Could you imagine him kicking in someone's door, and pulling a gun on them?

fighting0068.gif

Magical thinking is believing a 10 martini lunch is a good idea before giving expert testimony in a murder trial.

No matter where I go, or what I do there I could appear to be grieving...or not.

I learned that if one dresses and acts like an emu, it is considered part of a grieving process : )

I thought I was the only one who was baffled by that. :waitasec: Don't forget, she also has the approval of Barnes & Noble. :eek:

Wait...are you guys serious. A freakin' Masters' in Musical Comedy. :floorlaugh: That sounds funny just sayin' it!

I haven't listened to today's testimony yet. I was just reading through what you guys said about it to see if it's worth it. I'm starting to think this might be worth listening to.

Did anybody think JB contradicted himself? When he was talking with YM earlier he went on and on about why nobody investigated George and today when he was talking with George he went on and on about the walls closing in on GA because he was being investigated. What's up with that?

Today, Day 31, ICA destroyed another family member.

JA is a Mack Truck. JB is a tricycle.

"Magical thinking" is a medical term; yet not meaning delusional.

Meter readers carry meter reader sticks.

A delay after lunch does not mean the defendant is getting ready to testify.

If one question containing 15 hypotheticals did not exist in a court of law, it does now as of this day.

I learned that my parents as well as my sister have been secret closet trial watchers, while teasing me of my obsession of this case for the past three years. HA !

Magical thinking is believing a 10 martini lunch is a good idea before giving expert testimony in a murder trial.

No matter where I go, or what I do there I could appear to be grieving...or not.

Last weekend I had a night on the town with my girl friends. It was a bachelorette party. We must have looked like we were really grieving!
disco2.gif

Did anybody think JB contradicted himself? When he was talking with YM earlier he went on and on about why nobody investigated George and today when he was talking with George he went on and on about the walls closing in on GA because he was being investigated. What's up with that?

JB tried to use evidence gathered to eliminate CA and GA from ICA in processing to insinuate that GA was being investigated. He is trying to confuse the Jury and force reasonable doubt but he takes it all too far, does not know when to stop and - ends up with an opposite effect. He overplays his hand and opens the door to another Mack truck.

I saw this on the Daily Beast today. It may not be obvious, but I made some notes on it.

5885128074_5a848a76b6_z.jpg

I also learned that we grieve before we experience loss. I mean, if we're to believe Dr. Sally, the magical thinking and risk-taking behaviors exhibited by ICA before the death of Caylee are indicative of grief.

Furthermore, I learned I really need to take advantage of the "comfort breaks" and sidebars. I may or may not have accidentally wet myself a little.

That is Bill Clinton so it's possible.

Another sad day for the defense:boohoo: They call an expert on grief and under the prosecutions questioning, had to admit that any emotion can be attributed to grief as well as guilt. She refused to admit that the actions of casey anthony weren't normal for a grieving person. And then having been asked if she had been involved in cases dealing with mothers that kill their child, she stated that she was called as a expert in the susan smith case as well. Anybody want to gues if she testified in the same fasion, for the defense. I didn't watch the susan smith trial, but I would be willing to bet she did. The defense is failing in all excuses that they attempt to give to explain her behavior, and this expert witness came off to me as dishonest in many of her answers to the prosecutions questions. Oh, and earlier, the defense again tried to put blame on George Anthony. Smoke and Mirrors is all the defense has in this case. The rule for them is: Blame everyone else, and in attempt to bring in experts to show that the behavior of casey leading up to her arrest is a possible grief response! Question...Her behavior was the same all the way to her arrest, to include when caylee was missing and not yet found. Why then would she be grieving?

BBM

IIRC, that didn't work out to well for SS. The best part of that is I'm sure some jurors don't know who she is but others do and it will hammer home that mothers are capable of killing their children.

:floorlaugh:

I learned that if one dresses and acts like an emu, it is considered part of a grieving process : )

Or not.

JB tried to use evidence gathered to eliminate CA and GA from ICA in processing to insinuate that GA was being investigated. He is trying to confuse the Jury and force reasonable doubt but he takes it all too far, does not know when to stop and - ends up with an opposite effect. He overplays his hand and opens the door to another Mack truck.

Yep, I noticed that too Donjeta. I thought it was funny how he did that. Consistency in defense theory doesn't seem to be an issue for him. :loser: JMO

I agree with cyberborg as well.

I learned today that JB will stop at nothing to zealously defend his client and ensure she is found guilty.

I also learned that ICA has a voice and is not afraid to speak up but she is not the defiant ICA we see behind-the-scenes.

I learned that The Cat In The Hat is a peer reviewed journal. Who knew?

I'm going to concede that this grief counselor lady probably helps some people. JA brought up that JB didn't prepare her. I think she had no idea what she was getting into and thought she was supposed to give a motivational speech on grief or something and didn't understand what was going on.

I've watched her motivational speeches now and that seems what she originally tried to do giggling about being old and seeming puzzled that JA kept objecting to her speech.

JB is the epitome and basis for every lawyer joke / lawyer stereotype and bad rap lawyers get. Lawyers get a bad rap due to lawyers like JB. He makes my skin crawl. An Emu would offer more compassion than JB!

Q: There's something dead in the middle of the road... how do you know it's a lawyer, instead of a skunk?

A: No skid marks.

I learned that JB should get a job in a hotel lobby ... He is perfect at opening doors.

I thought the defense couldn't get any more embarrassingly incompetent than Dorothy Sims' redirect (I think it was) of Dr Barry Logan, when she hardly got a question through the sustained objections, but today I learned otherwise. Sally Karioth's ignorance of peer reviewed journals was just pathetic. That was really, really bad. She's probably a nice lady and I had to laugh at her obliviousness but the defense team has sunk to a new intellectual low. I had a feeling her credentials were going to be seriously lacking and she was going to be shredded by Ashton but that was surprising.

Now I know why I had to buy that push-up bra. I must've been grieving. But hey, I have it going on, so I might as well flaunt it.

A lawyer a doctor and a priest are all stranded on an island. The doctor says I happen to know that two miles that way is a coast guard station. They look out over the water and it's full of sharks. I'd go but if someone is injured they'll want a doctor here. I'd go but if they're going to die they'd want last rites. The lawyer says it's no problem he'll go.

He gets in the water and starts swimming. The sharks immediately part and open a lane for him to swim through. The priest looks at the doctor and asks why would the sharks do that. The doctor tells him it's called professional courtesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie